It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran airs footage it says is from downed U.S. drone (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Iran airs footage it says is from downed U.S. drone (VIDEO)

ca.news.yahoo.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran released what it said was the decoded footage taken by a US reconnaissance drone plane that it captured more than a year ago, Iranian media reported.

The grainy footage was broadcast on Iranian television late on Wednesday and showed images of what officials said were a US base inside Afghanistan and several other aerial shots.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Seems legit; however, is the first video helicopter footage of the drone before they took it down? I know some of the footage is suppose to be from the drone itself of Iranian reconnesance. (spelling?)

Anyways. LOL at some of the photos of the drones, I know those are from Google images

edit on 7-2-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
~facepalm~

Why wouldn't the US have added a self destruct to prevent the 'oh-so-secret video footage', or technology, from getting into enemy hands? At least it would be less necessary for them to have to explain themselves why they had earlier denied they were even in their airspace, if that was the case.

Hell if they timed it right, they could have detonated the thing right when all the scientists and VIPS were standing around it waiting for them to open it's hull.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Seems like the Americans need a new approach to spying..

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think that's the drone they stole a long time ago.
They just put some gas in it and flew it around.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I can't say that any of what they released looks like it came from a drone. Maybe our drones are for shooting pics of our other drones on the runways???

The one shot looks like it was from the open door of a helicopter.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Fake missile launches, fake "stealth fighter", fake monkey in space - there's a pattern here....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
"Drone footage" ????????????????

Someone explain the how considering anything drones view is uploaded to satellites then download via that uplink.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Because there's an oddity about the one that was captured that doesn't fit with a "normal" Sentinel, that I just found.

Let's see if you notice what it is.

RQ-170 in Kandahar:

RQ-170 in Tehran:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I spent a bit flipping between the pics. I don't see any doors connected to the landing gear.

I wondered about the air intake for the engine on the underside of the craft. What is the purpose of the opening on top with the grating?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The "intake" below the aircraft is the FLIR camera. The one on top is the actual intake for the engine.

edit on 2/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Thank you.
Are the landing gear different between the two?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It looks the same, as far as I can tell, but there aren't any good head on shots of it from Kandahar to compare it to.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Because there's an oddity about the one that was captured that doesn't fit with a "normal" Sentinel, that I just found.

Let's see if you notice what it is.

RQ-170 in Kandahar:

RQ-170 in Tehran:

So you're saying what they claim to have captured is a mockup of our drone, that they never really captured?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

More like it was intentionally "downed". It was hobbled somehow, or it was something that was built to appear to be a Sentinel, but wasn't, and it was crash landed. The Iranians would take it, and try to access the data, possibly on secure networks that you couldn't access normally, and they get something like Flame installed, and the CIA gets access to the network that way.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Cool. interesting... why didn't you say that!
But thanks for clearing that up

So the whole thing is a false flag? A way to infiltrate and gain access to their network structure? Brilliant!

This could be a whole new thread for you.

ps would you star some of your correspondents please!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's my theory anyway. Some things about the aircraft on display just don't match up. There are doors where there shouldn't be, it appears there's nowhere for the landing gear to retract into, etc.

I like to let people come to their own conclusions based on things I find, and to leave bread crumbs and watch you find out. It's fun that way sometimes.

Eta: It already is over on the Aviation forum.

edit on 2/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well, I think thats a brilliant conclusion, and very US like. Dont know why I didnt consider that

It, at least, makes me feel a little better that the US would not be so stupid to let this tech/capture scenario play out as it has without some fail-safes in place.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

As someone else pointed out to me, there are no main landing gear wheel wells either. Makes it kind of hard to retract the landing gear if there are no wheel wells for them to go into. The whole thing gets odder and odder.

new topics

top topics

join