It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William SHatner talks to ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

William SHatner talks to ISS

www.ustream.tv

•Live conversation between Chris Hadfield and William Shatner
•Live video connection between Chris Hadfield and space tweeps
•Scientific presentations and demos
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Captain Kirk speaks to the International Space Station, cool.

This should be an informative and illuminating topic of life on the space station and also educational.

Perhaps Mr. Shatner and Chris Hadfield will perform a duet ???

This started when Mr. Shatner began tweeting to the ISS a couple weeks ago, and this video broadcast is likely to be followed in a lot of places. About 1700 people are linked at the moment.

www.ustream.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

Hadfield is certainly doing a great job popularizing space through the use of social media and I am glad that Captain Kirk has taken an interest as well.

I would personally prefer to hear from Captain Picard ( Patrick Stewart)
even though he is not Canadian

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh I am a die hard trekky - love William Shatner. Love Kirk. Thanks for posting,

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"Beam me up, Hadfield!"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think it is fantastic that they got William Shatner to converse with a genuine space explorer. The work that William Shatner and the rest of the stars did on Star Trek, opened the minds of a generation to the possibilities presented by the space industry, a possible future to aspire to.

The people who go out to space and live on the ISS, those who are planning to go to Mars, despite the massive danger involved with any such enterprise (I had to, I am terribly sorry but I couldnt resist), are forging the glimmering edge of a new frontier (I have started, so I might as well go on), and deserve our respect in spades.

The reason I think it is fantastic that these fellows have conversed in this manner, is that it provides a firm link between the possibilities that Star Trek showed us, and the realities we face today. This is vital, because in times such as those we see before us, it is all to easy for some to loose sight of the desired result of our exploration of space. Those of us who value the search for understanding, by way of exploration realise that our future as a species may one day rely on our knowledge of space, and travel within it.

Anything, no matter how apparantly cheesey, that cements that link between the fiction of the past, and the fact of the future in the minds of the people, cannot be a bad thing for that reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Hadfield is certainly doing a great job popularizing space through the use of social media and I am glad that Captain Kirk has taken an interest as well.

I would personally prefer to hear from Captain Picard ( Patrick Stewart)
even though he is not Canadian

Hey, he was hopping galaxies when Picard was in diapers.

top topics

join