It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all evil Capitalists!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I agree. Like I said. Just practices lead to prosperity. Unjust actions lead to ruin.

Absolutely. I wish more people thought this way. We wouldn't have half the problems we do.

Best boss I ever had was happy when he could pay you more and spoke to us with respect. Reminded me of my dad.

He did really well because of him being a quality person.
edit on 8-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by seabag
Logic eludes them!

Says the person who equates regulation with freedom.

C'mon seabag, are you happy that they want to place some regulation on the 2nd amendment?

No, you’re right. Maybe the term “regulate” was a poor choice of words on my part. The government must not dictate the course of our economy. When the government is controlling the economy then it ceases to be free. The market should dictate the course of the economy. I get it….

What I meant by “regulate” is the government should guarantee a secure and stable playing field for everyone. Its job is to enact laws and policies that guarantee and protect the rights of the individual. Without having these safeguards it would be impossible for people to start a business and have even a chance at competing; the wealthiest would eat everyone up. But ultimately it’s the market that determines success or failure of any given business (or at least its supposed to be that way).

And NO I certainly don’t like the government imposing regulations on the 2nd.

Point taken!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jimmiec

The only reason we hear a lot of criticism about capitalism is because pseudo intellectuals are parroting what they've heard from Marxist professors and talking heads.

Truth be told, we are seeing crony capitalism; a bastardized form of capitalism that we've allowed the elites in business and government form. True capitalism works just fine. Corrupt people who have circumvented the safeguards we have in place are the reason we have the corruption we see today, not because capitalism is fundamentally flawed.

S&F

I like how you so shamelessly undermined marxists and communists and then went ahead and parroted them yourself:

"It's not the system that is flawed, it works! We just haven't made it work yet!"

I'm sorry but a system of government that not only encourages megalomania, but demands it, is corrupt at the core of the ideology.
edit on 10-2-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join