It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio 02/07/2013: Cleanliness Is Next To... ATS Threads and Stealth..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Thursday, 02/07/2013 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net
If Illustrial does not work click:::
ATS Direct

[color=#f9eb03]Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Justin
Michael
And TheRedneck Doug

[color=#f9df04]This week we are discussing

[color=#F2EC48]Cleaning Yourself and Your Gear,

Running Through Some ATS Threads

and a Little on Stealth Movements

[color=#0F0BED]Tune in Folks

PLUS.. [color=#0a94ff]Gardening With Laura, [color=#27ff0a]Disaster Procedures With Luke, and [color=#07c4fa]Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE
edit on 2/7/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

This show is going to provide information that we all need to hear. I will be participating, but i guarantee I will learn more than I contribute!!!

Come join me and the gang, and partake of the knowledge.

BT

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So, of course I didnt even know there was a YT page (of which I just subscribed), I havent been part of the survival forum for a very long time, and since my internet has a mind of its own, I thought I would ask here, and maybe one of you guys can lead the way...

Most of the stuff I wrote or look into is urban survival, mostly everyone I know lives in a major city. Is there a past show or vid that can led me there so I can share it? Also is there something there for women? There are still so many women that arent comfortable or dont think this is for them. Also for parents, as I am a single mom, and even though I know lots, there is still territory that I am sure I am missing.

I will do my best to listen in, but its raining and I live in the middle of nowhere and I might not have a chance to.

So thanks in advance, and of course thanks for sharing this, I know so many people that think that this is an impossibility for them, but I know better

Peace,NRE.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Going LIVE at the top of the hour...

Stop on by if you have the time!!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Explanation: S&F!

Some things I learned from the show ...

Blood on knives degrades them quikly as with any salty or acidic substance so keep your blades clean as much as possible ok.

One can clean and maintain a blades usefulness with a mustard coating and left to rest for a few hrs (overnight was the recommendation).

One should NOT wear cotton underpants in a hot wet environment due to crotch-rot.

Mud can be used as sunscreen and to protect from mosquitoes and to protect and help clean ones hair and dirt/sand can also be used to topically clean ones skin.

Smoke from fires can also be used to clean with and deoderize clothing and or oneself.

Yukka plants [indegenous to some parst of the USA] can provide a soap like substance for many shtf survival uses.

Blowdart guns are ineffective [although I disagree with that] compared with crossbows and crossbows were considered the better choice allround.

Please note that crossbows are illegal anywhere in Australia.

Don't get silhouetted against the skyline and watch for silhouettes for saftey reasons. [hint get low to the ground and use the horizon and the sky to do this .. and it works also at nightime if ones eyes are already dark adjusted]

Stop, be still and lookaround and listen often so as to become one and in tune with ones environment.

Change your physical point of view to look for pathways through dense scrub and bush! [hint: again get low to look]

These are just a few of the things I learned in this one show.

Personal Disclosure: I hope this inspires many other members and guests to tune into the BushcraftOnFire ATS Radio show thats is on regularly.

new topics

top topics

join