It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way it is!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Mans an animal. Womans an animal. They togther breed and forms the human tribe of animals. The animals were crazy and wild.

A mystery event bestowed the animals with advanced conceptual abilities of mind. The animals thought to themselves why live in the tree when we can make weapons and fire. Man and woman moved from the branches to the caves, and then into primative tribal villiage encampments where over time communities grew.

Move forward many tens of thousands of years and today we have modern man and woman. They are well dressed and fed, and live in technological socities surrounded by machines which they serve. No longer wild and free in the trees, or simply content in their simple cave or village, they work in their 9 to 5 jobs but in the background is still the craving...they are hungry....they are animals

What will be the next stage of man and womans evolutionary path?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It looks something like this:

If we're really lucky there is an escape pod floating away from that. We're probably not that lucky.

I have this upsetting feeling that the human race won't really make it long enough to actually evolve in a large way.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I think the thing preventing any real progression towards a higher state of being in humans is extreme selfishness. Selfishness is an innate animal desire to survive, thus being able to reproduce and propagate the species further. Once humans created for themselves an agrarian society, they lost their will to survive. We are no longer having to survive (for the most part) out in the jungles and deserts, instead, we are comfortable in our rectangular boxes of stone and brick, we have our food packaged for us, we have our televisions and our computers for information and entertainment. It's all right there, survival is no longer a key aspect for us.

Once survival was taken out of the equation, and we lost our tribal mentality (that is, I need to watch out for any threats to my people and I, because we need to stick together and protect one another), we gained a high sense of selfishness. We stop looking out for others, except our wives/husbands and children (but even then can still find ourselves in a selfish position).

In other words, we have reached a mentality which we constantly ask, "What can I get, and cheap and easy to obtain is it?"

If we are ever going to break through that barrier, and become what Nietzsche called the "Ubermensch" or Supermen, we have to get rid of selfishness for humanity's sake. The world cannot run on selfishness. Selflessness and compassion are not indulgences in ou0r world, they are necessary human qualities.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The next step will probably be collectivism. We have the internet, cellphones, all of this technology to contact people far away , to chat with them as if they were close.

People will probably form groups of like minded individuals (For example: conspiracy-theorists gathering here on ATS)

These groups will be promoted by love or fear. The "fear" groups will try to get "rid" of what they believe to be a thread to their group/society/humanity/plane, and the "love" groups will try to "care" and "support" one another and to do charity to care for the world...

This is just a guess...

reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

What is your interpretation of Nietzsche's "Ubermensch"? What is a real "Ubermensch" in your opinion?

Because I think it had something to do with "Will over power" and strength over love... He even called Christianity a slave morality problem (or something like that)...

edit on 7-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To me, Nietzsche's interpretation of what the the Ubermensch would be is severely tainted by his own bias. Religion is not the problem, and strength over love always fails. No, love will be the driving factor for the true Ubermensch, that love and wisdom should bring man closer to the unspeakable, unnameable quality encompassing all things we classically refer to as God. The Ubermensch to me as nothing to do with outward displays of strength over anything, but inward displays of strength through the conquering of self (selfish desires).

As Buddhists proclaim, one must change one's self before one can change the world. Because conquering one's self is a hundred times over more difficult than conquering the world. That is the true test of the evolutionary path.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Time has proven again and again that history repeats itself, therefore it is my belief that eventually something will occur that will cause mankind to revert back to living in the trees and caves and we will begin the cycle again.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Ironically, even though he saw Christianity as being against the "ubermensch" he called Jesus an "ubermensch" since he was being himself and just dealt with the suffering the world put upon him.

So, I thought that was interesting because the strength Jesus had WAS love. It was love that made him speak such teachings which went against the Old Testament, for example "Do not follow - eye for eye - forgive (turn other cheek instead"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The next evolutionary step not only for a man, but mankind? Hints;

#truth #within #yoga #spirituality #DNA #kundalini #meditation #love #tao #divinity #coexistence #dharma #hermeticism #esotericism #occultism #hermeticism #mothergod #fathergod #5D #light being #activation #ONENESS

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Prepare for revolution.

People are hungry and they are angry, and when the time comes that population stands up against the corrupt political class and the greedy financial world, all hell will break loose.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Time has proven again and again that history repeats itself, therefore it is my belief that eventually something will occur that will cause mankind to revert back to living in the trees and caves and we will begin the cycle again.

I agree and this something occurence will be the next mystery event and mabey this time we wont go back to the cave or trees but we will go into the oceans or space.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"I am not an animal, I am a human being!"
~ The Elephant Man

Neither are we a "thing", nor are we a homunculus in the center of our brain.

Things are not as they appear.

top topics

join