It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The virus that has infected the American mind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is an article that really touches me deep inside...
I want to to read it and give me your opinions about it plz thx:

By Ken Hillman

May 7, 2003—America, this society, its people have been exposed to a particularly deadly virus, one that has rapidly escalated and has infected the American mind with a debilitating disease. This formerly unknown virus has infected the majority of Americans with an insidious disease that does not attack the body, but instead, attacks the mind with an intensity that, thus far, cannot be rejected or even impeded. It has proven to be very deadly indeed.

After more than two years of study, from the elections of the year 2000 to the present, it has been determined that this virus was formed when the currently imbedded administration came into power—when it quickly initiated an agenda intended to eliminate important treaties with other nations, cancel many environmental regulations, reject global warming as useless thinking, condone corporate misdeeds, and then to decide that the world community of nations must simply cower and accede to its doctrine of preemptive military interventions.

Every virus must have a carrier or the virus cannot spread. In this instance, the carrier has clearly been identified as the corporate-controlled media, the majority of which have totally lost their credibility, integrity and journalistic soul. They have poisoned the American mind by their efforts to not only cloud America's vision and understanding of what is going on, but they have undertaken massive efforts to infect the American mind with misinformation. In effect, this virus takes seemingly intelligent minds, paralyzes them and tunes them into only one frequency that gives them just one message—the message broadcast every moment of every working day that trumpets the call for America to wage war against any nation that we may wish to invade and occupy for whatever reason we deem necessary. And, very cleverly, ties that aim directly to the need to avenge 9/11.

The people of America sense that something is terribly wrong. They try to focus on what has happened to them, but this sickness has ravaged their minds, rendered them immobile, unable to rise up and speak out with their real feelings—and only allows them to exhibit their flags on their homes, their cars, their lapels. They sometimes hear that America has now become the most hated nation in the world for the unjustified and immoral destruction of the nation of Iraq, but their ability to reason continues to be clouded by the corporate-controlled media.

During these mind-controlled times, I have to ask this question. Is there any cure for this virus that threatens our very future existence and that of the entire world? Can we in the Progressive movement come up with any form of cure, do we have the motivation; can we come up with the ideas and the drive needed to defeat this insidious disease? So far, many progressive writers and websites have tried very valiantly, but have not yet succeeded; they have been impeded time and time again by the money, power, and influence of the corporate-controlled media. And we have watched as the subservient Democratic Party and its leaders have shown no backbone whatsoever and have caved in completely to the powers that now rule Washington.

Speaking of coalitions, a term that is now completely worn out, is there not some sort of progressive coalition that can and will rise up in a coordinated effort to develop such a cure? Is there not this assembly of great talent that is standing in the wings just waiting to be formed and organized into a tremendous voice that will use the Internet, together with other venues, in ever more innovative ways to develop some kind of "serum," some new method to kill the infection of the American mind?

I need not mention the many qualified potential leaders and coalition members by name. They are well-known writers on progressive websites, newspapers from all over the world, many gifted writers with much energy and a grasp of what has happened to our country, this government and the people themselves. These are the voices of journalistic honesty, integrity; voices that are very powerful, will never be silenced and are the patriots of modern-day America. Just like Thomas Paine, they can be the difference between a nation thrown into chaos and division as compared to a nation of informed Americans that suddenly discover that they can be healed if they just listen and understand that a cure is possible.

I refuse to accept the current sickness of the American mind, the disease that has infected it, or that we progressives simply cannot stand up and defeat the ultra-powerful mass media that, like a pitbull, has Americans in a giant vice grip of its powerful jaws. Thus far, we have been like many doctors in exerting great efforts to treat the symptoms of a disease. Now it is time that we realistically acknowledge the symptoms but concentrate all future efforts on getting to the root problem—to find the way to free the American mind, knock out the incessant calls to imperialistic objectives and bring America back to logical, clear thinking.

But how to do this? How can we establish some sort of effective coalition? What will be our game plan? How long will it take to free the American mind? Right now, we do not have these answers. However, some one person or a group of patriots must step forward. I have no idea who or what entity that might be, but I can think of a lot of potential candidates whose writings I read every day. Someone out there who reads this and who has been thinking about a similar objective will know that it is time to provide the leadership that will lead to the necessary cure.

And now, we wait for that leader, or leaders, to emerge and ignite a creative movement to treat the sickness, cure the American mind and bring back the real America. TwoThousand-Four is rapidly approaching. There is no time to be lost. We must rid America of this terrible disease by making a wholesale change of the administration currently in place in Washington. The initiators of this virus that was spawned in the inglorious year of 2000 must be voted out in the greatest landslide in American history. The prescription for the cure includes the Internet, the Progressive movement and its great and growing voice. But to be really successful, it must involve others outside our own Progressive family.

There is a group and a man of influence who will, undoubtedly make a great difference in the 2004 elections. Ralph Nader and his Green Party are often credited with giving Bush the win in 2000 (ratified, of course by the state of Florida and the Supreme Court). Mr. Nader may run again in 2004 and, if he does, we will probably see the same result—or he and his party can somehow rise above their dislike and differences with the Demos. He can be a true American patriot and refuse to allow the current madness to continue. He does not have to align himself with the Demos, all he needs to do is not be a candidate. To step aside knowing that, in doing so, one can have a tremendous positive impact on the future of America and, no doubt the world, would be the greatest form of patriotism.

When I speak of a progressive coalition and how it might start a great movement to dethrone the current selected incumbent and his band of imperialists, could it be that such a group of very dedicated, influential progressives might, collectively, use their widespread influence on Mr. Nader and the Greens? Mr. Nader's most recent writings indicate that he understands that this nation has undertaken a radical change in policy and direction, and he is now speaking out against it. If there could be a meeting of these minds to mutually address the critical issues before America, the result could be a new coalition of the truly willing and able that finally destroys this extreme virus that controls the American mind.

Link to the article:
www.onlinejournal.com...

The only thing i disagree with is about get another administration in washignton, is all the same # with a different colour...
It won´t change a lot get rid of the actual administration... Sad but true...

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cold Anger, that article has its points and I'm not going to insult it. I would however question the validity of Global Warming as a sound scientific fact. This does not mean that I hate the environment as I'm an outdoorsman by nature and when you can't find me on here, I'm usually in my veggie garden or hiking my way to another geocache(www.geocaching.com). I think America needs to vigilent about orgs or individuals polluting water and dumping illegal waste and you're online with one guy who will and does report such things. I travel a lot and when I find an illegal dump, I GPS it and call it in. But I digress.

My point about global warming is summed up in the following link. I would asked that if you decide to read it, please realize that this org isn't making any political statements and purely does research. I would also asked you to think about the fact that this study is the most funded and comprehensive study to date and is supported by NOAA and NASA.

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

In ending my post on the environment and global warming, I leave you with a quote from someone any ecological minded person might recognize.

“The environmentalists try to inject guilt into people for consuming, as if consuming by itself causes destruction to the environment. There is no truth to that. You have the wealthiest countries on earth with the best looked-after environment. Poverty, not wealth, is one of the biggest threats to the Earth's ecological health. Look at the environmental destruction caused by poverty. They have no money left to reforest, they have no money left to prevent soil erosion, and there is no money to clean their water after they make it dirty. It's that kind of arrogance that is coming from a movement that is basically white upper-middle class and is saying that it's neat to have Africans with no electricity. They are mainly political activists with not very much actual science background who are using the rhetoric of environmentalism to push agendas that are more political than they are ecological.”

-Patrick Moore, head of the environmental advocacy group Greenspirit, and a former founding member of Greenpeace. Moore left Greenpeace in the 1980s after becoming disillusioned with what he considered the group's radical approach to environmental concerns.

dom

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I just hope the harvard research is correct. Seems like the majority of scientists agree that global warming is a manmade phenomenon. I quite like seeing snow in the Winter, and having a reasonable 25 degrees as a hot day in Summer, it'd be a real shame to lose that just because we kept looking at longer and longer windows of envrionmental change to try and convince ourselves that global warming isn't out of the ordinary...

I like the idea that the West has the best environment, it's just a shame that to get there we've shut down all of our heavy industry and moved it to the 3rd world so we can pollute their countries with our excessive consumption.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the majority of scientist but I do know a majority of environmentalist agree its a reality. Now, the question is are these environmentalist scientist and if so, how many specialize in fields of geoscience, ecology, climatology? I don't, by any means , put forth that to have an opinion , one needs to have these creditials, I'm merely posing the question, who represents emotional, political ideology and who derives a theory or hypothesis from collected data?

I can't speak for every person who has studied this phenomenon and I wouldn't want to cover up something that we could control if its really happening. But to deal a severe blow to the world economy which might have a more adverse affect on the environment, if we take what Mr. Moore says, would be equally as bad. From my work in geotechnology and geoscience, its my opinion that the levels of CO2 aren't having an adverse effect but thats just my opinion from research I've done. To answer whether or not "most" scientist agree with it, I can't but I can link you to a petition signed by many. Not sure what percentage of the field this represents so i offer it as only informational reading.

www.oism.org...

dom

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"Most mainstream scientists believe that human activity - notably emissions of greenhouse gases - has contributed to a significant increase in the average surface temperature of the planet.

However, there is still a sizeable group of researchers who dissent from this consensus. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC seems pretty convinced but they do admit that a sizeable group of researchers disagree.

Actually they've got a lot of interesting reading here...

news.bbc.co.uk...

From what I've read, and from looking at the temperature curve over the last 200 years it's obvious there is global warming. Without evidence of some other heating mechanism it seems likely that the rise in CO2 in the atmosphere (which has also been measured)is the cause. If so, then it's more than likely that we're causing it.

Although if it turns out that this isn't a man-made phenomenon that'd be nice too, I like being able to fly abroad for holidays, to drive around in the countryside, etc...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm sure we could find evidence on both sides but the cause/effect relationship doesn't work either. The most of the global temperature rise occured before the rise in CO2.

"The current increase in carbon dioxide follows a 300-year warming trend: Surface and atmospheric temperatures have been recovering from an unusually cold period known as the Little Ice Age. The observed increases are of a magnitude that can, for example, be explained by oceans giving off gases naturally as temperatures rise. Indeed, recent carbon dioxide rises have shown a tendency to follow rather than lead global temperature increases." Kuo, C., Lindberg, C. R., and Thornson, D. J. (1990) Nature 343, 709-714

And thanks for the information you posted.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm mad this turned into a global warming debate

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I didn't really mean to hijack the whole thread, just bring up one aspect of it. My bad..

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I agree that a change needs to happen. I have not been infected with the virus yet because i dont listen to the news and dont read the newspaper. I will do everything i can to try and cure people from this virus. If we put our minds together we can come up with a solution to the problem.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey! How come it didn't say anything about the disease that plagued America's mind from 1992 to 2000? You know! The one where the American mind was filled with expressions of Foreign Policy Neglect, Audultry, Mysterious Government Deaths and Military Cut Backs (because why do we need a military anyways, right?).

I figured it would say a lil' something about that virus too.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No, I think that was supposed to be the cure. Funny how sometimes the cure is worse than the affliction.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I do not know how to say this without getting my self in the debate. Askin why didnt they do this, or why didnt they do that are good questions but do not help with the solution.

If we all work together and stop debating about this topic then we may be able to solve the problem. But until we all work together it will be much harder to get the problem solved.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Cold anger the problems you mention are in respect to issues related to Dade County. Better known to you as Miami, Florida. The same place where millions of Cubans have been deposited (some of them have been accused and convicted of working for Fidel Castro).

Take a guess as to what problems exist?

I invited Maxwell Smart but forgot to invite you, by all means common over and see what it is that is causing the problem. Plenty of job offers are waiting and in of all places Miami, Florida. All you have to do is submit an application to Children and Family Services and barring any criminal background (on your part) you will be hired (I promise they will hire you no matter what your experience is).

Would really be interested in your response after having worked for that department for about 8 months.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Skip the virus crap. Cut to the bone.

True environmental issues have been highjacked by the left and twisted into their own agenda. Same goes with many issues.

People, even those who are semiliterate on issues, can sense BS, and that is why so many voted against the continuation of the garbage.

While there is a reson for concern in the area of fascism, the most deadly across-the-board assault against the constitution is by the left, that is tireless and continuous.

Either way, both are working toward the same goal, and the continuous drum of politics (I am guilty of beating it as well as it is my favorite sport) clouds it.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
(I am guilty of beating it as well as it is my favorite sport)

*Giggle*

*edit*

Cold Anger, I enjoyed. I understand exactly what the article implies. Thanks for sharing.

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Info]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Way out of context. But he did leave himself open!

LoL!

HA ha Thomas, burned by a noob!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Cold anger the problems you mention are in respect to issues related to Dade County. Better known to you as Miami, Florida. The same place where millions of Cubans have been deposited (some of them have been accused and convicted of working for Fidel Castro).

Take a guess as to what problems exist?

I invited Maxwell Smart but forgot to invite you, by all means common over and see what it is that is causing the problem. Plenty of job offers are waiting and in of all places Miami, Florida. All you have to do is submit an application to Children and Family Services and barring any criminal background (on your part) you will be hired (I promise they will hire you no matter what your experience is).

Would really be interested in your response after having worked for that department for about 8 months.

Well i gotta tell ya, that here in holland, we have something called "uitkering", basiclly, whoever is from europe , had a work for more than 6 months in any company, has the right to get that, which is basiclly the 85% of the salary u had in your last job...
Want to know for how long? Undefined, it doesn´t matter, until u find a job, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, u will get monthly your income..

Now imagine all these lazy ppl that doesn not wanna work, they say i don´t find any job (while we have here more jobs than people) and they get it the money from the goverment...
Now i´ll tell you that the uitkering is a very smart thing, for help everyone in the place, everybody will have a house, food to eat, and some other resources to clean himself and his place, simply what everyone diserves on this earth, but it´s good idea when u JUST HAVE KIND AND RATIONAL PEOPLE, because u always have cheaters that will get the uitkering, and they also work in black jobs (2 incomes...), or people really qualified, but lazy as well, so they won´t work in something they don´t like...
We all pay the taxes here for that and many more, do u think it´ll be a good idea to take the uitkering out?
Note:When u answer me that i´ll tell what i think about cubans in florida and miami (i have a lot of cuban friends)...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

True environmental issues have been highjacked by the left and twisted into their own agenda. Same goes with many issues.

That was my point about the global warming myth, Thomas. I think when it comes to physics and climatology, politicians are totally in the dark. I would rather listen to someone who has a scientific understanding of geosciences when it comes to this. I feel that money spent lobbying a treaty that could possibly harm the environment by dealing a blow to the economy, which pays for the clean water and reclaimation, would be better spent locally for helping in erosion control, wilderness management (by foresters), and education for the general public. There is a need for environmentalist if they will drop their politics and heed the call. Think globally, act locally.

Again, good point, Thomas Crown.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Why Tc always blames the left? hello? i just don´t get it, the right the left, all these is just a fantasy, they are all from the same peace of meat...

Anyway TC i am going to tell u and tell astrocreep about this:

“You have the wealthiest countries on earth with the best looked-after environment. Poverty, not wealth, is one of the biggest threats to the Earth's ecological health"

Such a ignorant statement by these "mr green man"...
Let me tell you that the poor countries (all unless asia, south america, and africa) and some more are 3rd world countries, and those have the most natural, most ecological environment on earth.
The amazonic jungle is the long of the world, to clean out the rubbish we produce in the atmosphere, same thing with africa, etc etc, take care of the environment doesn´t mean the use of chemical cleaners, or technology, means keep the natural natural, and that on the richest countries is artifical, as artificial as the straight trees, or contaminated air, or genetic food,
let me tell you that if you don´t contaminate you don´t need to clean it afterwards, those poor countries as Patrick More says, are having as well the most big amount of animals and plants on earth, species of animals in extinction, don´t u think is stupid to say that those poor countries are harmful to the earth environment , this guy needs to get a new job,
without those countries the c02 ,the food, the animals we eat were going to be much more contaminated with chemical agents and chemical cleaners...
Without them we have nothing good on earth, they keep the earth more clean, more tidy, more natural than the insane wealthy countries ....

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
-Patrick Moore, head of the environmental advocacy group Greenspirit, and a former founding member of Greenpeace. Moore left Greenpeace in the 1980s after becoming disillusioned with what he considered the group's radical approach to environmental concerns.

So he is not working there anymore, good, less ignorants as our representatives in important matters

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join