Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Another Weird Shiny Thing on Mars

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
www.universetoday.com...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...






The Curiosity Mars rover has found some strange-looking little things on Mars – you’ve likely heard of the Mars ‘flower,’ the piece of benign plastic from the rover itself, and other bright flecks of granules in the Martian soil. Now the rover has imaged a small metallic-looking protuberance on a rock. Visible in the image above (the green lines point to it), the protuberance appears to have a high albedo and even projects a shadow on the rock below. The image was taken with the right Mastcam on Curiosity on Sol 173 — January 30, 2013 here on Earth — (see the original raw image here), and was pointed out to us by Elisabetta Bonora, an image editing enthusiast from Italy. Read more: www.universetoday.com...


Ok debunkers get to work. I hope you have a good explanation for this.
edit on 7-2-2013 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)


 
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It does look metallic, but looks like its protruding from the rock so I'm going to call rock on this one.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Looks like some debris or a polished rock the martians left behind to warn us of the reptilians that like to feast on our delicious soul jelly

also there is a thread about this already
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan
 


It's obviously a space port.

NASA.. When will nasa stop the lies?

Good find, now that we know there are space ports up there, it proves there is life on mars.




posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Looks like a stainless steel surgical hammer that is used in Orthopedic operations. Great find. SnF

Question is, what is it really and how sis it get there?



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's been covered already.

After several pages, ATS joint ops have concluded it is most obviously a land octopus.

Possibly mixed with a spider.
Maybe, at least.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's obviously a people eater and the last life left after depopulating the place. The first men up there better take big shotguns is all I'd have to say. Anyone see Aliens? Sure.. they start small.



* Of course we might also recall Mars has been a weird place for accidents and debris is spread all over the place in some cases I'd imagine. Haven't a few things just been destroyed in the atmosphere? Rather depressing but it could be the first signs of our littering another world. Errrr..



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's a new GPS unit....What were you thinking???


Pretty neat tho, thank you for the info. There just might be intelligent life out there. Here on earth.. I'm losing hope, real quick.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan
 



Glad that skilled researcher has detected the same anomaly.


Amazing "like living creature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity Sol 173?

Now, We wait the official response from NASA/JPL on this anomaly that I've called.... "HUGO".
edit on 7-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Ok debunkers get to work. I hope you have a good explanation for this.
edit on 7-2-2013 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)


Oh yes must be something in this after all we don't get anything like that on earth or do we for example
edit on 7-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan
 





Ok debunkers get to work. I hope you have a good explanation for this.

Why is it you think only debunkers will have a good explanation , is it because anyone with a rational prosaic explanation is a debunker in your eyes ?

If you can't be bothered to give an explanation of what you think it is or may be why should anyone else


edit on 7-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
De ja'vu

Why do I feel like I've seen this object thoroughly debated before?



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Maybe a weathered concretion with exposed hematite. Assuming the surface was once wet and considering the concentrations of hematite in various forms on Mars.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Maybe a weathered concretion with exposed hematite. Assuming the surface was once wet and considering the concentrations of hematite in various forms on Mars.


Another possibility could be an ancient meteor that fell long ago, was buried in the sand, then as the sand became sedimentary rock, the meteor remained imbedded in that sedimentary rock...

...The meteor (being metallic) would be much harder than the surrounding sedimentary rock matrix, and as the windblown sand erodes away the softer matrix, the meteor may erode away more slowly.

edit on 2/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Alien sand rail Hurst shifter.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by draknoir2
Maybe a weathered concretion with exposed hematite. Assuming the surface was once wet and considering the concentrations of hematite in various forms on Mars.


Another possibility could be an ancient meteor that fell long ago, was buried in the sand, then as the sand became sedimentary rock, the meteor remained imbedded in that sedimentary rock...

...The meteor (being metallic) would be much harder than the surrounding sedimentary rock matrix, and as the windblown sand erodes away the softer matrix, the meteor may erode away more slowly.

edit on 2/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)


That occurred to me as well. Seems to be supported by a weathered column of sandstone, and a nickel/iron meteorite could be polished by the wind-driven sand and dust over the millennia, and wouldn't be prone to the rust/oxidation it would be in our wet, oxygen rich atmosphere.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
An example of terrestrial hematite in sandstone.

uas.alaska.edu...
edit on 7-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Arken's thead about this has been up for a long time, and is a great read. Arken was also the person who brought the Martian flower (mentioned in the OP's first post) to public light, named it, and it became internationally known. Arken has named this rock/thing Hugo.

Arken's thread on this very same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...
















edit on 7-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Arken's thead about this has been up for a long time, and is a great read. Arken was also the person who brought the Martian flower (mentioned in the OP's first post) to public light, named it, and it became internationally known. Arken has named this rock/thing Hugo.

Arken's thread on this very same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...



Apparently Arken has an Arken fan who likes Arken and Arken's threads.



posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
www.universetoday.com...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...






The Curiosity Mars rover has found some strange-looking little things on Mars – you’ve likely heard of the Mars ‘flower,’ the piece of benign plastic from the rover itself, and other bright flecks of granules in the Martian soil. Now the rover has imaged a small metallic-looking protuberance on a rock. Visible in the image above (the green lines point to it), the protuberance appears to have a high albedo and even projects a shadow on the rock below. The image was taken with the right Mastcam on Curiosity on Sol 173 — January 30, 2013 here on Earth — (see the original raw image here), and was pointed out to us by Elisabetta Bonora, an image editing enthusiast from Italy. Read more: www.universetoday.com...


Ok debunkers get to work. I hope you have a good explanation for this.
edit on 7-2-2013 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)


A copy and pasted silver Ford Bronco on top ! Though there is anomalies all over the place. That Ford Bronco like anomaly looks to much like it was placed in there through a software program.
If you don't tell it like it is, then there has to be some ulterior motive which would tend to deceive. So I'm just trying to tell it like I see it. But NO to me if I said ROCK I would FEEL like I am trying to deceive.





new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join