It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unrealized scientific appendix to 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by tremex

Depends on your hemisphere.

I assume that we both reside in the northern hemisphere, but don't sweat it out. I'm no longer interested in the way you would approach the problem of which solstice appears to be more logical. I've seen enough.

Just because you did poor and sloppy research is causing you to make a logical fallacy called an appeal from personal ignorance.

That's not a logical fallacy, because it doesn't involve any syllogism - you are trying to impress a wrong guy. Your reference to "sloppy research" is a lovely joke. If there is no source, there is no way of acquiring any data from it and therefore there is no research. But you are free to use that book which I don't have as an argument whenever you feel like it. Lol.

Well, thanks for the excursion to the Dark Ages.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

That's not a logical fallacy, because it doesn't involve any syllogism - you are trying to impress a wrong guy. Your reference to "sloppy research" is a lovely joke. If there is no source, there is no way of acquiring any data from it and therefore there is no research. But you are free to use that book which I don't have as an argument whenever you feel like it. Lol.

Well, thanks for the excursion to the Dark Ages.

An appeal from personal ignorance is a logical fallacy and that is what you have done. Also, I was able find a place online referring to Calleman's work in which the blogger makes a connection with the alautun and the dinosaur extinction. It wasn't that hard to do a little research and find that you have been scooped.

haecceities.wordpress.com...

In my book from 2001 I[Calleman] state that following this initial emergence the evolution of multicellular organisms would follow an alautun rhtythm of 63.1 million years.

The main problem with the 63.1 million year cycle you mention is that it appears to fit the evolution of multicellular organism. It also fits other periodicities so why does it associate with multicellular organisms? The time period almost also fit the time from the Chicxulub impact until today. Does that imply the Maya knew when the non-avian dinosaurs got extinct?

This shows that the notion was discussed in 2009 by Calleman and Normark. The clips are to get you started and not to suggest any point of view taken by the two.

Yes, you missed something not hard to find. That happens.

<< 1   >>

join