It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good bye cruel world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sometimes at night I sit and think back on the good old days ,Gran ma's biscuits,Pork chops and apple sauce.. I look back to the times when I was younger and had so much fun just being a kid and loving life. Catching tadpoles in a pond, flying a kite on Saturday morning, riding my bike around the block and loving my siblings.. I used to love taking things apart and putting them back together just for the fun of it. ahh, I was such a cool kid...Man, I miss those days...My first Mini bike..now that was cool, gas was 22 cents a gallon and we could ride anywhere...used to take my .22 with me and shoot rodents and if I saw a cop, they would plink off a few with me...heck, i got stopped by a cop one time on my mini bike ans he said where you kids going? I said "fishing at the pond" and he was like.."meet you there" lol...ahh yea..the good "REAL" days..I miss them....ah well, I got nothing left to give but this video..I hope you enjoy it...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

that sure sounds like a great way to grow up, living life and being a kid and no other worries.

Envy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading about your wonderful childhood memories; it makes me remember mine. As I look back; I had a pretty good childhood.

Anyway...what I am curious about is the title of this thread: (good bye cruel world!)..what exactly do you mean by that title?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh man that brought back some memories
My best mate and I cycling to the local quarry with air rifles strapped to our backs. Popping off a few rats and catching newts to gross out our sisters.
What a great way to start the day.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wading in the mud to catch frogs, finding a technicolor field of wild flowers, hiking in to the best trout pond for dinner
all things enjoyable from childhood that I share with my boys still. The world is a beautiful place full of wonderful experiences. Stay safe please, and know that innocent goodness still exist in this crazy world.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I only hope my children look back on their childhood and remember fondly as I do mine
I love childhood memories. S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Ahhhhhh ... nostalgia ... I remember that smell well!

It is a bit stale :shk: ... but whatever!

1 Serve of Nostalgia coming right up!

Wear Sunscreen Ok!

And ...

Keep your underpants inside the pants ok!

Personal Disclosure:
In regards to the title ... I think that would maybe be a Bad Move baddmove!

But trust me on the sunscreen ok!

Here have another whiff of that mighty powerful nostalgia ok! :w:

Go read this thread NOW OK! ... BACON!!! ATS Chat And The Cult of BACON! (by Hefficide posted on 15-1-2011 @ 11:38 AM) [ATS]

Because you wouldn't want me to let the dogs out now would you!

edit on 7-2-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling dementia.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fantastic days of old. Making 'dens' in the woods. Crossing rivers and making rope swings. Always out on on bikes. The next generation of kids wont know about a lot of this. They will look back and remember being on facebook, Or xbox live. Or burying there heads in laptops or phones.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
While you're enjoying the life of this world, I'm preparing for the next. Why would I spare my thoughts for something so temporary when I've got an eternal life in front of me.

May Allah Guide You to the Straight Path

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Saw a movie once... forget the title. In there a character said, "If you're really lucky you'll live to grow old, have many fond memories and sit and remember them."

You are still that boy or girl and those fond memories are the proof of your humanity. Everyone has them, they are part of what makes humanity so special.

Don't look back at it so much as a "lost kingdom" as the fun you had while living it. Doing that on a regular basis and enjoying it is what prompts the mind to remember other things we have done. Kind of like rebuilding a library. I had a most interesting and sometimes wild youth that I love to sit and ponder sometimes.

It is one high point of my day.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can remember, back in those days, my friends and I cupping our hands and drinking water straight from a spring fed stream. It was sooo good. My one pal said you knew the water was "okay" if it had minnows and tadpoles in it.
Seemed to be true...no one got sick from it. Wouldn't wanna attempt that nowadays.

I can remember laying on my back and watching the clouds go by...the sky was so clear and blue...didn't look so polluted and smeary as now. The way the air smelled so fresh after a nice spring rain...the smell of the grass after it got mowed. Fields of wildflowers and less macadam lots. There were so many lady bugs and butterflies back then. Less city light pollution made sky watching an exciting adventure....now, not so much. Memories of days gone bye...seems so much has changed...or was it just me.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I seem to have lost that feeling to.
Motivation and a purpose in life.
Trying to re-invent myself,but it's just not happening yet.
How do you re-invent yourself at 48 years old ?

Your description mirrors mine when I was young.
My Honda Z50 mini bike.
Man,I was indestructible then.
I think I used up most of the lives I have,you know,like the 9 lives of a cat and have realized I have one card left.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Explanation: We are here for a good time ... not a long time!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy it while it lasts and I hope it lasts as long as we each want it to last ok!

Because it is just a ride!

Last one back to the singularity wins!

So just don't pedal so fast ok!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
While you're enjoying the life of this world, I'm preparing for the next. Why would I spare my thoughts for something so temporary when I've got an eternal life in front of me.

May Allah Guide You to the Straight Path

Hey, good luck with that. Pity you can't enjoy the NOW moments like the rest of us. Mores the pity you think you were put on this earth only to wish to get off it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
DON'T KILL YASHELF!

edit on 9-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure why I titled this thread what I did..

But boy did i have a hangover the next day!!

Thanks for all the replies....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i pray everything is well with you

new topics

top topics

join