It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An English King - shows his face for the first time in 500 years.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by HelenConway

You may also think I may be "accusing" but all I am doing is calling you out and you don't like it.
edit on 7/2/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

What you are doing, is trolling stuart, now troll off or contribute in a polite non aggressive manner please.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Do you know if Kate middleton has ANY royal blood? I mean its unusual for them to marry a commoner. I dont think the fact that she has ancestors who kinda ruled their little towns as counting for royal blood. Its a brave move for them

Kate has some distant royal ancestry through a guy named sir William Gascoigne, a Yorkshire knight who died in 1487and makes her 14th cousin to Prince William. Gascoigne was related to Edward the 3rd.

She is also 12th cousins, once removed through 'Sir Thomas Leighton, an Elizabethan soldier, diplomat and, for 40 years, the cut-throat Governor of Guernsey.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In that article she is also linked to the Talbot family, a very powerful family that PM David Cameron is descended from. Cameron is also related to at least one king.

You might think the royals have relaxed but Kate is not as common as she is made out. Also with Diana's genes, they got a big injection of Stuart and other British royal dna into their line, so in their genetics obsessed minds they are probably ok for a few generations. Marrying a muslim or a non-white person , or same sex would really be 'relaxed' but we all know that wouldn't happen!

Sorry to be off topic, a very interesting thread.

link   

edit on 7-2-2013 by DrHammondStoat because: Sorry! Multiple posts!

link   

edit on 7-2-2013 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Helen, Look at Stu's posts.
From my experience, he is not aggressive, never trolls and usually knows his stuff.

Whilst I admire the enthusiasm and passion of your posts, you should expect that other members will question and occasionally contradict you.
This is not because they are a troll or a disinfo agent, but because they have differing opinions from you - this is the internet - it's allowed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Anybody Catholic... so what? He died in battle, because he couldn't defend "his country" big deal! That's how the English lost the Americas (unable to keep it in battle)... such is the world, the weak get cast aside and barried in a parking lot.

Anyone that knelt to Rome gets what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironorchid

Helen, Look at Stu's posts.
From my experience, he is not aggressive, never trolls and usually knows his stuff.

Whilst I admire the enthusiasm and passion of your posts, you should expect that other members will question and occasionally contradict you.
This is not because they are a troll or a disinfo agent, but because they have differing opinions from you - this is the internet - it's allowed.

did you want to say something about Richard or any of the kings ? The above has nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

Anybody Catholic... so what? He died in battle, because he couldn't defend "his country" big deal! That's how the English lost the Americas (unable to keep it in battle)... such is the world, the weak get cast aside and barried in a parking lot.

Anyone that knelt to Rome gets what they deserve.

ok interesting perspective.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I know. Huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Not really, Helen. No matter which definition of a troll you wish to use, I don't fit the bill. What I am doing, which you are taking offence at, is countering your arguments. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but it is the nature of adult debate that you will encounter people who disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have had plenty to say about Richard this week ( check my posts ), but I fear that this is no longer the thread for me.
Thank you anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Not really, Helen. No matter which definition of a troll you wish to use, I don't fit the bill. What I am doing, which you are taking offence at, is countering your arguments. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but it is the nature of adult debate that you will encounter people who disagree with you.

stu Mason the above is a troll post !! The mods should remove it.

Does the above post contribute to the subject of this thread - no !

Is this at least the 4th disruptive post from you on this thread - yes !

Now as I said I will report this post - it adds nothing to the thread and I DO NOT appreciate you following me around ATS trolling me.

Now please leave this thread or talk about Richard.

Mods this thread is becoming an off topic troll thread with stuart chasing me around - brain beating me.
Can you please close this thread or remove these posts. I am sorry I am reacting but stuart has been provoking me for days,

Stu has successfully managed to disrupt this thread, as intended.

Thank you.

edit on 7-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This was in response to you calling me a troll - you surely didn't expect me to just ignore it and let you have your say? You really don't like people disagreeing with you, do you? At least when I am shown to be wrong, I have the balls to actually apologise and accept it.

As for my other posts, they are on topic as they refer specifically to what you define being English as in your OP you questioned whether the current Royals were English (going so far as to say they are German) and stated Richard was the last English king. As I said, the only reason you're getting uppity is because I have shown your position on this to be totally wrong.

As for following you around, hardly. You post a thread about Richard, which In have previously shown an interest in (see the other thread), so what did you expect? Of course I was going to show up! I didn't even know it was your thread till I read it.

Besides, in that other thread, where I effectively dismantled your arguments (to whit you have yet to reply or refute) you resorted to calling me a racist and a member of the EDL based solely on my Avatar, even going so far as to whine about it being in contravention of the T&C's, despite the fact I have used the very same Avatar for around 5 years now. Who's the troll?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This was in response to you calling me a troll - you surely didn't expect me to just ignore it and let you have your say? You really don't like people disagreeing with you, do you? At least when I am shown to be wrong, I have the balls to actually apologise and accept it.

As for my other posts, they are on topic as they refer specifically to what you define being English as in your OP you questioned whether the current Royals were English (going so far as to say they are German) and stated Richard was the last English king. As I said, the only reason you're getting uppity is because I have shown your position on this to be totally wrong.

As for following you around, hardly. You post a thread about Richard, which In have previously shown an interest in (see the other thread), so what did you expect? Of course I was going to show up! I didn't even know it was your thread till I read it.

Besides, in that other thread, where I effectively dismantled your arguments (to whit you have yet to reply or refute) you resorted to calling me a racist and a member of the EDL based solely on my Avatar, even going so far as to whine about it being in contravention of the T&C's, despite the fact I have used the very same Avatar for around 5 years now. Who's the troll?

here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!

At least you have admitted targeting me with your trolling.

Troll post. You have already as intended disrupted and ruined this thread - and you come back for more !!! Unbeliveable. I direct you to the troll thread on the front page

Shall I provide you with the link ?
edit on 7-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
Mods this thread is becoming an off topic troll thread with stuart chasing me around - brain beating me.
Can you please close this thread or remove these posts. I am sorry I am reacting but stuart has been provoking me for days,

No I haven't been "provoking you for days". In fact, today is the first time I have been on ATS in 2 days and prior to that it had been around 6 days away. YOU joined the other thread, where we seem to have had the falling out after I was already in it and contributing.

I like that term though, brain beating. Fits the bill.

Originally posted by HelenConway
Stu has successfully managed to disrupt this thread, as intended.

What I do seem to have managed to do is stop the nonsense posting based on erroneous reasoning. How about you counter my arguments with debate instead of throwing a hissy fit and casting aspersions against me? We would get on much better if you did.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I have reported this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Helen, get a grip.

Please try to engage in debate, rather than throwing your toys out the pram because I do not agree with you.

In that other thread I have countered every one of your arguments and you fail to respond with nothing but direct personal attack. I have since posted a nice reply to how the Queen is descended from Harold Godwin, Arthur the Great and even the first true King of England, Aethelstan after you told me to "go and do my research" and that I was wrong. I am waiting for a reply to that, as I am to every other question I have posed you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Helen, get a grip.

Please try to engage in debate, rather than throwing your toys out the pram because I do not agree with you.

In that other thread I have countered every one of your arguments and you fail to respond with nothing but direct personal attack. I have since posted a nice reply to how the Queen is descended from Harold Godwin, Arthur the Great and even the first true King of England, Aethelstan after you told me to "go and do my research" and that I was wrong. I am waiting for a reply to that, as I am to every other question I have posed you.

as promised the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join