It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An English King - shows his face for the first time in 500 years.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
. I do think the sons of Edward IV were killed on his orders -- life was cheap then -- but I don't believe he was the devil incarnate as history has painted him.

Thank you for the thread, OP. S&F.

I love Alison weir and C J Samson - did you see the documentary on the princes on channel 4, it was excellent, anyway, there was evidence to show one died naturally and the other lived,

He came back as an adult and confronted Henry and his sister believed him, Henry ultimately tricked him and hanged him

So maybe he did not kill the princes, apparently there has been a erquest to perfom DNA tests on the princes, who are now buried in westminster Abbey and all requests are refused . Why ?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

No, I had no idea about that! Can you remember the name of the documentary? If it was on Channel 4 there's a good chance I'll be able to find it on 4OD.

I agree with you about Alison Weir. I've read most of her history books and I've found that her novels are pretty great too.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I think it was called prices in the tower or something, it was on about a week ago. It was amazing,

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This king looks like kate middleton.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
This thread was prepared after Helen was participating in another thread on the same subject and was getting knocked around a bit:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will give her a star and flag, and then take away the flag for thread-jumping. Deserves the star though for a very well put-together post, and I'll gladly link this page to that thread as well.

i find this a most unnecessary post, especially if one were to compare the OP from each. it's clear who has put in a lot more effort and actually encouraged discussion - yours was simply presenting news that the body had been identified. enjoy collating and combining all the gun threads btw
edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thanks, I'm going to have a look now. I'm using up some of my holiday entitlement before April so I've got plenty of time to fill. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No, I had no idea about that! Can you remember the name of the documentary? If it was on Channel 4 there's a good chance I'll be able to find it on 4OD.

here is the 40D link

www.channel4.com...

This is the programme.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Haha! Nail on head. I find him surprisingly handsome, actually. This might seem macabre but I would have no problem if the same thing was done to other monarchs where we don't really know what they looked like.

There's a YouTube channel here where the user does similar things with Photoshop to effigies on tombs. I find it fascinating.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thanks again, that's the next hour or so sorted for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Id also like to see what the other monarchs looked like. Well kate middleton is more handsome than pretty or beautiful. I actually fancy some of the monarchs too, facially some of them became quite amazingly attractive.

I went to the place where Harry Potter was filmed recently and this mansion that some monarch had lived in had the faces of then elite hung up everywhere. Anyway , I sort of noticed that they looked really " tough" I mean really " tough" , not rough, but in facial features there was something about them. And as much as I am against the monarch. I had a shudder and thought. I wouldnt want to mess with them lol

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Haha! Nail on head. I find him surprisingly handsome, actually. This might seem macabre but I would have no problem if the same thing was done to other monarchs where we don't really know what they looked like.

There's a YouTube channel here where the user does similar things with Photoshop to effigies on tombs. I find it fascinating.

They say he was quite feminine though, in the contemporary reports and when they were examining the skeleton, the scientists, said his bones were in places like those of a female.

Have you seen ' King in the Carpark' Channel 4 also ?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yea the I know what you mean, The really old warrior Kings can look quite sexy, not the Tudors upwards.
I think they became too inbred after the Plantagenets - so they look sort of, welll inbred.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Actually I dont think it was the royality I fancied.

www.bbc.co.uk...#/search/l ocated_at/national-trust-lacock-abbey-fox-talbot-museum-and-village-4975_locations?=&page=1

Have a look at their faces. Very similar to each other too. They are the upper crusts of British Society.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

bearing in mind that those at the top of the social heap enjoyed the most varied diet, relatively superior hygiene, got plenty of rest and trained from an early age for war (eg riding, sword play etc for males).. as well as avoiding the grinding drudgery of serfdom, it's no surprise that they looked the way they did. (ETA: ie healthy, handsome etc)

ETA: there is a saying in the uk re attractive noble's daughters - "it took centuries of careful in-breeding to look this good" !!

edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Hell no, the majority of those monarchs were real tough guys. I supposed you had to be in those ages, I don't think anyone had it really easy. Going to war nowadays doesn't necessarily mean certain death but then? A sword through the neck or something similar is NOT the sort of grisly fate I'd want to meet. And that's mild compared to how some died. Eeek.

OT: Another I was surprised to find exceptionally good looking was Henry, Lord Darnley. I remember reading something about him possibly being gay and when I looked up a few portraits I thought "yep, you've got that look in your eye!". That might be hard to understand unless you're gay yourself but there's just something about the eyes where you can tell if someone else is gay just by sight. It's weird but whatever, back on topic now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join