It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An English King - shows his face for the first time in 500 years.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is fascinating. It made me read up on the War of the Roses and the House of Tudor and Plantagenet for hours. Although I'm American, I am part English (ancestors on my father's side were the Fullers, who came over on the Mayflower), and I've only just begun to understand the intertwining of the different houses that held the throne. I never realized it was so complex, or I guess I never knew that Scots and Germans wielded such significant influence over the UK. I also, only recently, came to understand that the Windsors were originally House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Anyway, this man should be given a proper burial in York!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We're covering this subject on ATS Live! Tonight

More info here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From yesterday's York Press...

THE campaign to inter the remains of the Yorkist King Richard III in the city looks to have been stopped in its tracks after the Minster said they should remain in Leicester.

Following a long wait it was announced this week the remains of a man buried under a carpark in Leicester were those of the last Plantagenet king.

More than 10,000 people have signed a petition to bring his remains to York Minster from Leicester.

But a spokesman for the Minster said the cathedral believes his remains should stay in Leicester.

"When the archaeologists found an intact body the Ministry of Justice licence was drawn up in those terms and explicitly named Leicester Cathedral. Since the news of the finding last year local people, like the people of York, have expressed a very strong wish that Richard, who has been with them since 1485, should stay in their keeping.

www.yorkpress.co.uk...

It seems that the City council are intent on petitioning for his remains to be brought here, whereas the Minster are intent on honouring the agreement made in favour of Leicester. As a council tax payer of York, I really hope they don't intend wasting too much of my money fighting over a bag of bones, they waste more than enough of it already. If not Leicester, then he should be buried with his wife, Anne, in Westminster Abbey. He only ever spent a few weeks in York, the City council are money and publicity grubbing (as usual)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The more I read about it the more I am convinced that the artist used a time machine to get a detailed look at the king. Nothing else really makes sense. It was a fool proof way of TPTB to test their new time machine and give hints to the public that it works. Who knows what history they are modifying as we speak. We could awake tomorrow still be under British control.....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join