It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unending joy of absolute Liberation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What came to me was that I love people and that we're all children of a loving God and that the occurrence of life is meaningful whereby the very purpose of life or that which gives it meaning and value is this familial love and the desire to share in friendship, fellowship and the brotherhood of man. For me it's wasn't like warm soup of peace adn love but a new starting place from which to get present to the deepest things that motivate and inspire me, and so I whispered to myself "I love people". I love people and I love them loving me loving them loving me etc etc.

So the space of freedom is the space from which a person can really love, both themselves and others. It's not a need but an overabundant supply and deep-felt innermost heart's desire and passion.

We're not alone, and we're in this thing together, but because of the abject failure in love, some among us have to be and become the very love that's missing in the world and that's what it's about for me if the truth be told.

For someone else it might be creative art, or music, or whatever fills the soul with happiness and satisfaction.

"Follow your bliss."
~ Joseph Camobell

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You are gushing poetic like the romantic who has rediscovered love and is ever so grateful. You are Wagner and Dante, Nietzsche and ... and..

Will you be so daring in the cold grey of pre-dawn? Anxious for the rays of the sun to warm your blood again?
Does an epiphany renew itself over and over again? Will you always now soar above us all like a drifting cloud ? Have humility and humbleness been laughed away like a puff of wind?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

and then we sight and laugh at ourselves and realize that this new domain of Liberation and self acceptance and self love (the love of love?) places no constraints upon us and no limitations on the possible range of our human experience as we really are.

This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.  This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:2:4

There is nothing to fear. I need not even be afraid of being afraid, and if I need to fear then I'm also free to that until there is no fear again.

And he said to man, 'The fear of the Lord--that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.'" Job 28:28

Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil. Proverbs 16:6

So that's the purpose of the OP really, is to help you see that a total paradigm shift and new way of life is possible, maybe even an actuality since when it happens and becomes real knowledge it's the self knowledge of personal experience, like ah "ah HA!" moment of epiphany, like what I've been feeling today.

A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly. Proverbs 12:23

Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God. 1 Corinthians 8:1-3

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength. 1 Corinthians 1:19-25

You have followed the meditation route of going inwards, the path that  only produces "self knowledge of personal experience" because like the Greeks and Jews, you seek signs and 'wisdom'. Despite quoting scripture, your entire gospel appears false. Do you reject Christ crucified? Your inner wicked heart has convinced you that love is self knowledge and self experience, when love for God is clearly stated as obeying His commands. You do exactly as Adam and Eve, perceiving that the forbidden fruit is good "for making one wise". Jesus Christ,  whom you are fond of quoting, said repeatedly that he did not judge based upon what he SAW. He repeatedly asked His disciples why they reasoned within their own hearts, based upon the simple Truth that all men's hearts are evil. He stated Blessed are those who believe without seeing.

Luke 16:15  But he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts; for what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

But the light of the real reality tunnel on the other side of our deluded ones, it's not a thought, but an experience, of absolute Liberation.

John 12 
25 He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

You use Jesus words "Resist not evil"  to justify reintegration and to reject the duality of good and evil. If scripture declares throughout that we need to shun evil, flee from evil and reject evil, His words cannot mean what you want them to mean. But rather, what is the context? "... But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever..... you are not to resist an evil person by repaying evil with evil. We resist the evil person by turning the other cheek so that we do not do the evil which was done to us - thereby we shun evil, flee from evil and reject evil in ourselves. But instead, you accept Jung's interpretation over Jesus' own words. Do you not understand that the gospel can be twisted to justify what our wicked hearts desire? If only God is good, then that means that ALL MEN are not. So why listen to Jung if at this very basic point, he's already proved himself to reject the true gospel?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

It seems like it is you who is not understanding the context:

Matthew 5:38-41

King James Version (KJV)

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

So Jesus is saying do not follow an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth (revenge), follow instead not resisting evil and if someone hits you on the right cheek, let him see your left cheek also. So, this DOES mean allowing evil to continue otherwise there would be no point to stand their showing the person who slapped the right side of your fact the left cheek so they can smack that also...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"Love one another as I have loved you."

"Love and do as you will"
~ St. Augustine

Absolute Forgiveness = Absolute Liberation/Freedom

There is no need to rebuke me or call me a fool for expressing the glory of the resurrected life.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I was thinking more along the lines of "what we resist only persists" (Carl Jung)

Jesus knew how to deal with evil and he dealt it a final blow on the cross by getting ahead of it, anticipating it, and there binding it with his unbounded love.

Some might assume that the type of freedom and liberation that I'm referring to might imply the freedom to sin without responsibility, but that's not the type of freedom I'm referring to, which invites the exploration not of sinfulness but of goodness and love and the sheer joy and gratitude that comes with the recognition of one's acceptance and forgiveness and reintegration in God (in spite of our sins).

I'm talking about a break with duality, and an entry into a new life and a new outlook on life with the tree of life in the midst of it all, instead of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It has been said that when you commiserate with your neighbor, if he is kind hearted, he will thank you, but if he is hard hearted, he will scorn you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

The scared space, from my point of view, cannot be desire of love, because that would imply that there is a LACK of love and to me, the sacred space feels like Peace and Calmness not searching but the place where all is well and calm.

You're right, but after a while that starts to get boring and then you go - what do I do now? And that's when we choose to fall in love with everything and every one, including ourselves, because love is a free will choice.

The Buddhist wants to get rid of all desire and passion and become one with everything, but Jesus said "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul (passion, character, personality)?"

To be human is to have desire, even a wellspring of desires. The key is to know in what direction to direct them and how to harness them as the catalyst and impetus to all manner of creative action, starting with who and what we are choosing to be and to become through the unfolding present moment.

So the content of our memories doesn't change, and neither can we be someone we are not, but when we fully accept ourselves as we are then we realize that who we are being, and becoming, from here on in is a free will choice and a creative action, and that's when the smile might appear both on the face and in the heart, when we realize that we don't have to be constrained any longer to being the same and doing the same i.e.: Liberated.

Then, the whole field (of awareness) is opened (like a flower), and our consciousness can turn all the way around like a lighthouse, and our darker, shadow aspects also harnessed and directed appropriately and creatively based on what they were really wanting all along, but which, no longer repressed or hidden away, like some sort of criminal racket enterprise in a dark backroom or basement, can be safely inquired into and faced and where needed, forgiven (for we did not know what we were doing).

We cannot hide anyway, so why not choose to come out into the light?

edit on 7-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

1. FEAR God.

Why?

Mankind are but only mere children with only 5000 years of RECORDED history. We are only mere children.

For example, as a child, we would be admonished by our parents, NOT to simply run across the road without looking left and right and again to ensure there are no cars before crossing.

As a child, why bother if the parents are not around? Just run across the way we prance around the garden, after all its only another place to FREELY run around.

There lays the dangers with such perceptions from the child. He would ignore the teachings of his parents and run across, and on a busy traffic day, it may be the end of his life.

But if the child was taught to fear his parents, and to follow every word, he would think twice and make sure the road is devoid of cars before running across safely.

The FEAR of God is never meant in a tyrannical form that most flawed mortals whom are tyrants would resort to, to ensure their own selfish priviledges and power. Such fear of Him is meant to protect us, He who love us, in an universe that we mere children have to yet to comprehend, but can only be by builiding upon the foundations of each generation as guided by Him, so that a strong base will be there that we can always rely upon.

2. Resist not evil. There can be no knowledge of what is good without evil. Only be learning from it can one differentiate between what is good and what is evil, espacailly under the Golden rule - do nothing hurtful to others what you do not want others to do unto you.

We are all flawed mortals and fully capable of temptations. Let those temptations fill you, but be strong in the faith of God and His teachings inside you, so that you can see what evil is attempting to do, to control you, and based upon the teachings by God which is your strength, let the evil flow out from you. Let evil fail, and know where your limitations lay in, so that when a bigger moral dilemma comes along, you will know your own weakness and strength.

Our Messiah was tested by the foolish devil in the desert for 40 days. One can say he literally 'lived' with the idiotic devil, but he never gave in to the devil's lies, as he had faith in our Father and His teachings, and came out unscathed. So too can we, children of our common Creator, as long we remain true to the faith.

If someone slaps you, the slapper expects your defense. If you fail to live up to his expectations, it will give him pause to reflect upon himself. A slap is only a minor momentary pain, but if the slapper fails to acknowledge his errors and correct them, he himself will be given more than a slap latter, even death, for not every human will be like you to let him slap your face freely. Your act, painful as it is, serves to help him, a fellow human wake up.

If someone sought to kill you, and resistance is futile,let him kill, for your death will not go unnoticed, as he himself will be hauled up to face justice one day, by God and man.

If someone sought to kll your loved ones, you must defend yourselves and them at all costs. But if you fail, and resistance becomes futile with no option left, let them kill, for you and your loved ones death will not go unnoticed and he himself will be hauled to face justice one day, by God and man.

'Vengence is mine, saith God.' Through Him or His agency, as the hebrew chronicles had showned.

Comprehend the contextual qoutes spirtually, seek for divine guidance, for He live within us. Do not just read, or lazily depend upon another equally flawed mortal's interpretation.
edit on 7-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I think it's better to love God and be in awe of Him, than to fear him and I'm not sure the word "fear" as used in the scripture is meant to denote being afraid of, but moreso the experience of awe and wonder. God seeks after us and wants us to have communion (koinonia) with him, to walk hand in hand with him, even to move into him with him in us. No love relationship can be based in fear.

In regards to the duality of good and evil, we are not fit to make that judgement, only God is, so we're better to leave that up to God who transcends the duality, and eat instead of the non-dual tree of life in our midst (who is Christ), the fruits of which are enjoyable and satisfying as the fruits of the spirit - love joy peace goodness kindness gentleness faithfulness longsuffering (forebearance) and self control. These things are their own reward and needn't be justified by their opposites.

Also I find it unusual that people who profess faith in God and who claim to have a relationship with God are unaware of how humorous God is, and the degree to which what he offers in the way of our Liberation by far exceeds our expectation and normal experience by many many orders of magnitude. It is truly breathtaking in it's expansiveness and the richness of it's treasure.

It is also something that needs to be known and experienced, to be real, and if not now then when and if not us, then who?

edit on 7-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think what you have reached is a point of overcoming or learning from the negatives, reaching a point of being able to shine your gifts, live your bliss as you said, feel the safety of Being With Family/God, and its like a milestone. The point that some might say as working through the issues or cloudy spots on our lives this world revealed. May you be Graced to stand in that Love and Peace and shine by example.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There's a problem however, in that we cannot leave everyone else behind. Therefore my own liberation must inspire others to be free, so I've got to come back from the expansive domain and open the door, or point the way, somehow. It HAS to be a non-coercive invitation only kind of thing however, so ironically I must part company with many of my Christian family who make of an unconditional love a set of rules and do's and don'ts and shoulds and shouldn'ts which this type of Liberation transcends as the tree of life instead of the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil. So it's still a bit of a predicament, but an enjoyable one to try to solve, and if what I've discovered is true, we have time however urgent is the passion for all to be free. What I find amazing through this journey of discovery, is how well the model of Christ's leadership holds all the way down the line and then to the nth degree.

Some people may ask - how will I know when I'm free?

Although I would imagine the experience is unique to each person, I suspect that you too may find that the outer creation will proclaim the newfound inner reality, as if the trees and flowing waters are shouting for joy. In other words you will SEE it, and HEAR it, the kingdom of heaven spread out upon the earth, where the mere happy chirp of a bird will speak volumes.

The trick at that point, isn't to allow your ego to mount itself upon the spirit and proclaim yourself "extra special". Been there done that got that t-shirt and it's not the way to go. I want to see people move into this new domain without falling as I have time and again i.e: without the need for hospitalization. LOL

And because it involves a type of death and resurrection experience, with mourning involved (over the death of "the old man") my encouragement is to be gentle with yourself and go easy, and if need be, let those tears fall until they are wiped away with a childlike smile, maybe even a giggle.

And for those who no longer know how to cry - learn. It's worth it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure how you are viewing duality. But that is what I wish for every single person, they all need to be healed, transformed and freed. What will grieve us the most on the other side is not whether we gained a skill or even improved, or reached a higher grade, but whether we helped someone in need and made the difference in preventing them from losing ground and slipping backwards. Though I have a strong belief that all the timelines will be resolved and things made right when the Light comes in, or translate that to mean Love comes in, which keeps being given in my soul, and want that to be real, not just something after we pass on. But I trust nonetheless even if my interpretation of timing is wrong, that doesnt change my faith in what Love can do. Its just we want to not have let those around us down.

But was shown the perfection of the plan in everyone being on the levels they are at, and that Family is not a dictator that forces the way, but instead nudges as you suggested, and that we are not able to carry, nor should carry the whole world on our shoulders, though I've done this instinctively all my life, keep being reminded and brought back to the present moment, and doing what I can do for those around me now.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What's it like? people may ask.

For me, when it comes, as it does more strongly each year (I have SAD or seasonable effective "disorder") with the spring and the dawning of a new year's light - it's all (or most of it) "cute" I don't know a better word to describe it the domain of new life and unconstrained and unfettered spiritual "untouchability" (saved by God from the ordeal), cute and playful and innocent, and I'm reminded of what Jesus said about the little children, how they must be permitted to come to him unhindered for such as these belongs the kingdom of heaven with our work as adults to become child-like ie: in awe, enthusiastic, vital, authentic, playful, optimistic, free, to enter in.

It was never lost that child within, only repressed and locked up in some sort of inauthentic backroom racket ie: where the front of the house is in order, but in the back you have Mofiosos running a crimnal gambit to enrich themselves as the expense of everything that's worthwhile in life.

That's the one really who was Liberated, and this is why the tears, the smile, and then eventually, the giggle, the laughter, the hilarity, and tears no longer of sorrow, but utter joy.

It's hilarious, but at increasing degrees of magnitude, like a joke that just keeps on getting funnier once the nut has been cracked open.

It's ok to crack up and lose our minds.

We have to!

The only way back to sanity is insanity or into sanity, and to be true to ourselves it's an uncompromising all-or-nothing proposition that we must be prepared to surrender everything, to have, like the man in search of buried treasure or the wealthy merchant in search of a fine pearl, both of whom immediately and without hesitation, on finding what they were seeking, gave up everything they "had" to secure it, in the case of the treasure hunter, to buy up the WHOLE field (just in case) and for the merchant, even being "wealthy" immediately selling EVERYTHING he owns just to have that pearl! - that is what the kingdom of heaven is like, and it's FUNNY! In hindsight, in our foibles and our follys we have enough comedic material to last a lifetime provided we don't forget ourselves and allow ourselves to be re-absorbed by the troubles of the world. And it's so easy to forget, something can happen and you're lost for years and years and I'm here to remind you never to forget, and to recognize (re cognize) that once your mind and heart has changed shape, once you OWN it (the one most precious thing) nothing and no one (not even you yourself) can take it away, which only makes you laugh and smile all the more..

edit on 7-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: of love.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I really hit it out of the park with that one..

We were holding our own inner child captive (in ignorance and inauthenticity) as ransom to the lowest bidder (ego-based attachments that are ultimately valueless).

We all did it, we all made the same mistake.

But God willing, we won't get fooled (or fool ourselves) again, no no.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Bump candle..

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

~ St. Augustine

Unfortunately, most people see this as Satanic since Aleister Crowley said it. Just because someone is a Satanist that does not mean that EVERYTHING they say is false, it's important for a deceiver to give SOME truth in order to confuse people.

"Do as thou wilt - will UNDER love". - Aleister Crowley (Well, now I guess it was Saint Augustine and he just stole it).

You're right, but after a while that starts to get boring and then you go - what do I do now? And that's when we choose to fall in love with everything and every one, including ourselves, because love is a free will choice.

That is what I like to call "yang (light) energy". It is very active always trying to get people to do...do...do! When you sink into "yin (dark) energy" you are just relaxing in that sacred space of nothing but emptiness/peace/acceptance, but then the yang will form again to compel you to action.

Taking in the yin, you just flow with life appreciating what arises without worry about "what to do next?", but even if you ARE compelled into action, that also will be beautiful as it stems from the emptiness of peace. So it is more "pure" (probably not the best choice for the word, but it was the only description I had...)

The Buddhist wants to get rid of all desire and passion and become one with everything, but Jesus said "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul (passion, character, personality)?"

There are benefits to both sides. Staying in yin (emptiness) you will be able to appreciation the creation in all its glory that it was created in. You will see the aliveness and the expression of The Energy (Source/God). You will be more happy as there will be less conflict and less desire to strive for. Life will be such relaxation and ease as you know that life/god will unfold what is needed moment by moment, and the "actions/desire" will be a basic yielding to the body such as food, hunger, (survival needs). This may seem "mundane" or "dull" but once you are in the state of being you can just feel the ALIVENESS and feel such appreciation for the creation...

Staying with the yang (fullness/light/passion) you will be able to further effect the world by being more active with your expression. You will be more influential to people, and instead of life unfolding things for you, you will be taking ACTION more to achieve your goals and that can feel really good as it seems like you are fully in control of your life.

We cannot hide anyway, so why not choose to come out into the light?

There is no hiding, its just that as you become less active you are less seen as the focus seem to be those with more charisma (which can be a good or a bad thing).

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

~ St. Augustine

Unfortunately, most people see this as Satanic since Aleister Crowley said it. Just because someone is a Satanist that does not mean that EVERYTHING they say is false, it's important for a deceiver to give SOME truth in order to confuse people.

"Do as thou wilt - will UNDER love". - Aleister Crowley (Well, now I guess it was Saint Augustine and he just stole it).

No, Crowley reversed it, and said

Do as thou WILL - love under WILL.

He made the WILL the first cause, instead of the love by which freedom reigns supreme.

The will of God is the will to love and love is the reason for creation.

St. Augustine had it right and Crowley had it wrong, and the second version is Satanic.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I'm not quite sure how you are viewing duality. But that is what I wish for every single person, they all need to be healed, transformed and freed. What will grieve us the most on the other side is not whether we gained a skill or even improved, or reached a higher grade, but whether we helped someone in need and made the difference in preventing them from losing ground and slipping backwards. Though I have a strong belief that all the timelines will be resolved and things made right when the Light comes in, or translate that to mean Love comes in, which keeps being given in my soul, and want that to be real, not just something after we pass on. But I trust nonetheless even if my interpretation of timing is wrong, that doesnt change my faith in what Love can do. Its just we want to not have let those around us down.

But was shown the perfection of the plan in everyone being on the levels they are at, and that Family is not a dictator that forces the way, but instead nudges as you suggested, and that we are not able to carry, nor should carry the whole world on our shoulders, though I've done this instinctively all my life, keep being reminded and brought back to the present moment, and doing what I can do for those around me now.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Do you really feel that is why we are here - to be healed, transformed and freed? Surely we are 'here' because we choose to be and any individual who feels a need to be healed, transformed and freed is at liberty to pursue such an end but many individuals pursue different things and who's to say they shouldn't? If you look at the world and see a world that is suffering and in need then that is what you will see but is that the sole reality? I don't think I need to answer that Q for you.

Our existence in this, the apparently physical, world is obviously hosted for us but that doesn't mean there are conditions attached. There are commonsense rules of engagement, the golden rule being the most practical and we learn in pain of suffering what we should and shouldn't do. When individuals pursue their own goals (yeah those bad nasty desires) without selfish indulgence while making space for all others to pursue theirs in a spirit of amiability, aka love, and empathy and understanding this 'worldly' experience we are sharing will become more the heaven it could be than the hell it is now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join