It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Speech on Gun Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I think you are throwing out a lot or corporate garbage to confuse the message here.

You can cite how everything is a corporation now, but the fact is, that is not what the people believe. We believe (or at least used to) in our govt system as one that is chosen by the people. If that's all a farce, well, the govt is doing a fine job of keeping up that charade. So basically, what the people believe is what it is! If one day, the president says, "oh sorry to tell you, but the U.S. is really a corporation, and you all have no real say" that would be the end of that country's way of doing business, the people would not stand for that.

Bottom line, our country is what the people believe it is. No amount of corporate contracts that prove otherwise will matter to us.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I think you are throwing out a lot or corporate garbage to confuse the message here.

You can cite how everything is a corporation now, but the fact is, that is not what the people believe. We believe (or at least used to) in our govt system as one that is chosen by the people. If that's all a farce, well, the govt is doing a fine job of keeping up that charade. So basically, what the people believe is what it is! If one day, the president says, "oh sorry to tell you, but the U.S. is really a corporation, and you all have no real say" that would be the end of that country's way of doing business, the people would not stand for that.

Bottom line, our country is what the people believe it is. No amount of corporate contracts that prove otherwise will matter to us.

The NRA is a corporation and it is making decisions for the country the same way the Koch Brothers organized and fronted the Tea Party for their own health care industry corporate welfare warfare.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
food for thought...

Those of us inclined to add stricter regulations on certain types of firearms are in no way advocating the restriction of firearms, or trying to take your gun away.

If you want to purchase an m240b with bipod and a silencer, fine, that's great, god bless america, but you don't have a right to do it willy nilly, there HAS to be some oversight and regulation.

as I've said, millions of times, if the current laws were actually enforced, we wouldn't even be having this same tired old "my right protects your right" bullcrap.

When that was written, they were using muskets. Have all the damn muskets you want in the world. But don't sit and tell us that complete and unregulated access to guns for every american is the solution to anything other than non-existent over population.

If it were up to me, personally, you'd be able to own just about anything you want, below military grade, but of course, with stipulations like, oh, I dunno, maybe a nice deep background check when you try to buy a god damn machgine gun. Maybe a cursory interview, you know, when you start purchasing thousands of rounds of ammunition to place in your survival bunker.

At what point does your right to own a weapon trump everyone else s right to the pursuit of happiness?

do you know what keeps me up at night, when in relation to guns? The government kicking in my door? Nope. A foreign invasion? Newp. A crazy mass shooter on RRSI ? Nopers.

Adamant gun lovers with itchy trigger fingers are a false sense of their ability to properly, and responsibly, use and maintain a weapon.

Certain restrictions not withstanding, the real cure to gun violence is education and REGULATION.

But hell, the government can barely regulate tobacco and alcohol, why expect them to do anything helpful with guns?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Whether or not you agree with certain points he made, the ones that hit hardest were irrefutable. His closing quote in particular... A free people only get one chance, and then the playing field changes completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

We must live in completely different parts of the country, but a deal is a deal and I will recognize your statement....

Crap, I'm sorry to inform you that I have no money in my wallet. I gave the rest of my cash to my girlfriend so she could leave me alone for the day

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm

We must live in completely different parts of the country, but a deal is a deal and I will recognize your statement....

Crap, I'm sorry to inform you that I have no money in my wallet. I gave the rest of my cash to my girlfriend so she could leave me alone for the day

The things we do for a little peace. lol I have actually been trying to make eye contact deliberately just to test your theory and I see people are hesitant and yes, afraid to make the first move but once you give a nod or a smile, they nod or smile back. Some will even brave a hello. Instead of owing me lol - try it yourself and if you get 5 out of 10 cordial responses - keep the money!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Whether or not you agree with certain points he made, the ones that hit hardest were irrefutable. His closing quote in particular... A free people only get one chance, and then the playing field changes completely.

We are a different kind of free people than there have been in the past. In the past rulers were a long family line and when you overcame one there would be another right behind them. We live in a country with a form of government where the power is in the hands of the people. Unfortunately the people do not know how to wield their power. First they have to agree on something- anything, otherwise we are stalemated by ourselves and our countrymen.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
incredible indeed am glad she wasn't afraid to speak her mind

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join