It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Speech on Gun Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Incredible Speech on Gun Violence

www.youtube.com

This is from the January hearing in Connetticut On Gun Violence. We've seen videos from several Sandy Hook Parents, but this video never made it to mainstream news.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-2-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is really Must-Watch Television for all! This legal immigrant really nails what the 2nd amendment is all about with his last comment. I don't think it matters either, where you stand on this subject, you won't be disappointed. I don't have much to say here, I think the video speaks for itself. Watch till the end.

I will say that I personally think this should be shared.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Societal decay?

Oh....

So we should go back the the America where women and minorities were property? Or just second class citizens? Where sweat shops and child labor were the norm?

But he's wrong anyway, there have been school shootings going on since the 1700's...

en.wikipedia.org...

1700s

(U.S. Population: Less Than 4M)

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived.[1]
1850s

(U.S. Population: 23M-31M)

November 2, 1853: Louisville, Kentucky A student, Matthew Ward, bought a self-cocking pistol in the morning, went to school and killed schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. Even though he shot the schoolmaster point blank in front of his classmates, he was acquitted.[2]
September 11, 1859: Oakland, California Edward Carpenter accidentally shot himself dead while hunting on campus, he was one of the few students who were permitted to have a firearm at school.[3]

1860s

(U.S. Population: 31M-38M)

February 16, 1867: Knights Ferry, California Mr. McGinnis was shot and killed by his daughter's teacher when he threatened him for expelling his daughter from school. When McGinnis's son heard his father was dead, he returned to the school and killed the teacher.[4]

June 8, 1867: New York City Arthur Day, a 13 year old boy, brought a pistol loaded and capped, without the knowledge of his parents or school-teachers, to Public School No. 18 for the purpose of shooting a dog he said had bitten him. While playing with the pistol, Day accidentally shot and injured classmate Robert Morton.[5]
December 22, 1868: Chattanooga, Tennessee A boy who refused to be whipped and left school, returned, with his brother and a friend, the next day to seek revenge on his teacher. Not finding the teacher at the school, they continued to his house, where a gun battle rang out, leaving three dead. Only the brother survived.[6]

1870s

(U.S. Population: 38M-49M)

June 23, 1871: Lagrange, Indiana Miss Anna Dwight was shot to death in front of her students by a rejected suitor[7]
March 9, 1873: Salisbury, Maryland After school as Miss Shockley was walking with four small children, she was approached by a Mr. Hall and shot. The Schoolmaster ran out, but Miss Shockley had died instantly. Hall threw himself under a train that night.[8]

list goes on and on...

Violent crime has been on the steady DECLINE in America...lovely graph in my thread Americas Real Criminal Element: Lead

And the whole "chicago and DC" argument is old and faulty. You have 2 cities surrounded in a sea of legal gun ownership...What do you expect?

I'm pro-gun ownership but his argument just had multiple stupid points (haven't listened to it all the way yet tho).

edit on 6-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I think you missed the point entirely.

I can't believe that is what you took from that video. And yes, there have been other tragedies in our past, but that is not what he is trying to convey here. He is trying to say, that we were fine with guns, since our country's inception, and he drove home the use of the second amendment.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

His argument had multiple faults and falsehoods in it.

If you want to ignore that because you agree with his overall message then that is your problem.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

If you want to ignore that because you agree with his overall message then that is your problem.

Are you suggesting that American society is not in decay?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

He never said he was a lawyer, so give him some lattitude. He made lots of great points. Why don't you break down all his faults clearly for us, because I disagree that he had multiple faults. I actually heard none.
edit on 6-2-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

It's been a lot worse in the past.

Let's just make a little list

The USA of past
--------------------
Women were property or 2nd class citizens
Minorities people were property 2nd class citizens
Minorities were murdered for no reason, routinely no one was prosecuted
Segregation was normal
Only land owners could vote
Japanese Americans put info concentration camps
German Americans put into concentration camps
Multiple presidents personally owned slaves
Communists openly persecuted
Workers routinely abused
Sweat shops common place
Child labor common place
Businesses free to dump poison waste into rivers
Businesses free to have dangerous working conditions
Businesses would murder their employees when they attempted to unionize
Animals had no rights

All I can think of at the moment...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Really you are off topic here. This video is about guns and the second amendment.

You said you are pro-gun ownership, how about a comment about his last comment in the video.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think you mean prerogative

not "problem."

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How am I off topic when one of the speeches arguments were that "school shootings didn't happen in the past, they are happening now because of societal decay"...

Which is just not true, there have been school shootings ALL throughout the recorded history of America.

You post a speech then expect someone not to criticize it when the guy is spouting dis-info? Why? Because you blindly support anything with a pro-gun message? Kind of silly. Not gonna do it. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The USA of past
--------------------
Segregation was normal
Workers routinely abused
Sweat shops common place
Child labor common place
Animals had no rights

Thank a progressive for bringing us out of the dark ages.

Good of you to point it out. Wonder what those damned progressives want now?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The USA of past
--------------------
Segregation was normal
Workers routinely abused
Sweat shops common place
Child labor common place
Animals had no rights

He was speaking specifically about gun crime..... those things you listed arent in any of the bills he was addressing.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Wrong.

He said school shootings didn't happen in the past and that they are happening now due to societal decay.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's amazing how legal first generation immigrants get it but Americans so ignorant of their own history do not.
Kudos to that man!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wrong.

He said school shootings didn't happen in the past and that they are happening now due to societal decay.

None of those things you listed are addressed in any of the bills and he did not say that school shootings didnt happen. He said mass school shootings did not happen. I have no idea why you would attempt to derail the thread with that list as it doesnt pertain to the video, much less the subject of the hearing.

Im not sitting here and arguing with you. You make snide comments all day every day, edit to post little cartoon sheep toward another member, and are wholly an annoying person to attempt to have a discussion with anyone in a thread because you start attacking anyone who dares post to the OP. Stop derailing threads and making things up, it would make more sense than what youre doing. Fine and dandy, you dont agree with the OP or the man speaking at the hearing. We get it. You dont have to lie and obfuscate to let everyone know you dont agree. I wont be checking the thread anymore as Im sick of reading you troll constantly... and try to refrain from u2uing me as well.

Sorry OP, it would have been nice speaking about the video... some things I agree with him on and others I dont.. but some here make it impossible. S&F.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The USA of past
--------------------
Segregation was normal
Workers routinely abused
Sweat shops common place
Child labor common place
Animals had no rights

Quite a laundry list there, and I don't think I could dispute your information.
Would you surrender your arms to these people??
I certainly wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This thread is not about the bill. This thread is about mans speech. See the title and OP?

I don't get it. I guess people are getting mad because I'm not blindly agreeing with this guys speech because its pro-gun? Like I said, if you guys wanna happily indoctrinate yourselves, go ahead. I can't support a speech full of false hoods.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You said you are pro-gun ownership, how about a comment about his last comment in the video.

Germans could have saw the Third Reich coming from a mile a way if they would have read Mein Kampf. He even wrote the book while imprisoned for trying to over throw the government. Ever read it? It's the boring ramblings of a racist psychopath.... It sold a bunch of copies before he was elected too.

And Hitler actually loosened gun controls for most Germans....

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition."[4]
The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.[5]
Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.[5]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[4]
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

So why didn't white Germans (majority) use their guns to overthrow the third reich?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Looking at the stories plastered all over the MSM, I can give everyone two reasons why this video will not easily become viral:

1) This video is pro Second Amendment and anti-gun control

2) A LEGAL immigrant is the speaker

The speaker's points are extremely valid; societal decay is definitely happening. Look at the evolution of television sitcoms and correlate it to the change of society's youth from decade to decade.

For example, Elvis appears on t.v. with his "sexually suggestive" hip movements (it was considered a radical event to be aired on television at that time). To a majority of adults, this would be okay for them to handle; however, their children are in the same room watching it, which, in turn, becomes normal to the children who were exposed to it at a much younger age. Now apply this (hopefully) simple example to each generation and continue to the present day. Voila! Take a look at the "fantastic" shows that is broadcast to America's youth...

With the average American watching over 100 hours of t.v. per month, how can one say that America's youth is not being corrupted by this source of "information" and "education"?

edit on 2/7/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join