It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran releases decrypted footage from US' RQ-170 drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Cheers dude

No worries about the lost response ................I'll take your word
But that still leaves bit of a question

And interesting you should say that about LM
The start of privatisation of drone warfare ?
Possibly an inevitable outcome, as you said, the developers and test operators are the most experienced and capable pilots.
With the speed of drone development is this something we are going to see more of .
edit on 7-2-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

The ONLY way for that drone to be completely intact and in the hands of the Iranians...is if they have been able to hack the remote satellite signals being fed to it, and feed new comands themselves.

No it isn't. It's completely possible for there to have been a loss of power from the engine, and it came down intact, and crash landed. Or it lost comms with the base station, went into an orbit waiting to get systems back, malfunctioned and crashed. Or went into an orbit in an area with bad terrain for an orbit, and crashed.....

There are numerous ways for it to have come down intact, only one of which was hacking the GPS.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Yeah it does. It definitely can't be a Predator/Reaper, because the camera is in front of the landing gear on both, and the landing gear is this scrawny little thing.

Okay, now THIS is interesting. Here's a pic of the Sentinel in Iran, with the gear down.

Notice anything missing?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Knew you would have the resources to piece together this little piece of the mystery

No cover ?????????

Well that's not very stealthy is it

Hmmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That goes more towards my theory that it was allowed to be taken for some reason. Possibly to let them hook up to it, and some nasty malware installed, or some kind of software that they couldn't get in to certain computer systems to allow them to keep an eye on things through it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Or it could just be it broke off on landing, was broken into to deploy the landing gear or were the easiest parts to remove and send away for composition testing without really effecting the overall appearance

But then Iran has succumb to a number of viruses lately

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It doesn't appear to have any damage in that area though. I would expect some kind of damage, not it ripping cleanly off and not leaving a mark.

There have been several problems with their computer networks in their nuclear facilities in the last few years. The biggest one we know of was Flame, which would turn on microphones and record people talking, as well as allowing access to the system.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The only thing to be gained by all this waiting and hoping is gained by the Iranians.
They gain the necessary time to bury their enrichment facilities deep underground, beyond the reach of conventional weapons.
Obama is providing the Iranians with the time to relocate their nuclear facilities out of the reach of harm’s way!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

The upgraded MOP will still be able to reach them. It's capable of penetrating up to 200 feet of concrete, and over 60 feet of reinforced concrete before detonating. Even if it doesn't penetrate all the way down to them, 30,000 lbs of explosives is going to do significant damage to any underground structure.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by smurfy

LM isn't CIA, it's a contractor for the CIA. They made the aircraft, and the know the systems best, so the CIA contracted them to fly missions for them. They've done it before, as has the military. It makes sense, instead of having to train your own operators, which can take a long time, when you have the people that were involved in building and testing of it.

That makes no sense, the military needs to train personnel from the word go, and as somebody said that the USAF had a kill switch. However let's get back the dreaded CIA and also throw in British intelligence, who between them fecked up Iran in the first place over oil 60 years ago. Does the Mossadegh coup not ring a bell, being a false flag operation with the coziness of intel and corporates like present day BP,

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

He was born the son of a Kenyan father. His father was a Muslim. His grandfather was a Muslim. So even if Barack Hussein Obama is not actually a Muslim himself, it would not be unreasonable to think that he has a soft spot in his heart for Muslims, because of his ancestry.
Is it too much of a stretch to imagine that Obama actually wants the ...Ayatollahs who are in control of Iran to develop a nuclear weapon which would tip the balance of power in the Middle East away from Israel and the United States and more towards Russia and the religion of his fathers?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The CIA and the USAF both have a history of working with private contractors, including on UAV operations. The USAF prefers to fly their missions with their own people, but they have civilian contractors flying test flights and training operators for them. The CIA chose to have a civilian contractor fly their missions, just as they apparently chose not to have a fail safe on their aircraft, where the USAF did. The USAF *did* train their own people to fly the Sentinel, and their own people currently fly it. But the Sentinel program is a joint CIA/USAF program. So some of them are CIA owned and operated, on CIA missions. Those are the ones flown by LM, not the USAF missions.

The CIA screws up all the time, but I'm not convinced that this was a screw up. Some of the pictures don't make sense, and don't add up to things you'd normally find on a UAV. Doors in the wrong place, doors that shouldn't be there at all, doors that aren't there when they should be, etc. Something is fishy about this whole "accident".
edit on 2/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but I think that one is the one that was displayed in the parade that was a replica. I'm not sure though.

It looks like it in this link, crappy pictures.

english.farsnews.com...
edit on 7-2-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

Found a better pic.

www.globalpost.com...
edit on 7-2-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I did a search and found 2 old threads stating Iran decrypted the videos but did not release it.
Breaking News : Iran captures intruding US drone over Persian Gulf waters
Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

Skip to around 11:00 to see the video that was released.

I remember hearing about this. So Iran wasn't lying when they said they decrypted the video from the crashed drone. But then again, they could've faked the video. Its been a while since the crash.

is that a f-47b navy drone? thay captured
what do you think?
edit on 2/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

holy crap it was nowonder they came out with it this week. MSM will jump all over this s&f

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Seems to me for long time Iran has computer savie hackers. It makes real sence why usa hasnt progressed with Isreali wishes to attack they have the know how to break command codes. honestely if Iran, that is the best way to procide into protecting there boarders. What would you except some of best hackers in world are coming from best educated "china india" and we have to import that comadity.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What I find hilarious is that the Iranians claim that their fighters "took control of it". How do fighters "take control of it"? If you're going to lie at least say something convincing lol.

edit on 8/2/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

Malicious RC signal?

Oh and i like how that guy who worked as a cryptographer has no idea about crypto.

Any crypt can be decrypted eventually, its just a matter of time and no encryption is fail proof only if it contains a powerful spell that when decrypted burns the souls and bodies of anyone who tries to read it.

And a very bad thing that might cost the US some serious casualties, underestimating their enemy and their enemy's allies.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

No it's not an X-47. There are only two of those and they're both in the US. There are significant differences between them and the Sentinel.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I have to say, for a "top of the line UAV" that's a pretty crappy video resolution.

Maybe if the video uploaded to YOUTUBE wasn't 240p resolution...you could see it alot better.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join