It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found my Way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
After years of spiritual turmoil, perpetual soul-searching and general crying out to the Universe ( with much gnashing of teeth ) - I believe I have found my path to enlightenment, nay, I have found my Way.

I am of course willing to share this with any other of you potential neophites - once you have embraced the Way, I think that you will find a wise saying for almost all situations in life. If you do not find comfort in these wise words, then you'll at least know for next time.

But Lo! I present to you The Way of Mrs Cosmopilite .....wiki.lspace.org...

You will notice how some of these sayings are already known to you - that just confirms that some truths are indeed eternal.

I offer these pearls of wisdom to you so that you too can benefit from the peace offered therein - in fact I would dare to suggest that fellow seekers of the Way add their own profound sayings to the list for the benefit of us all
( I'm sure Mrs Cosmopilite wouldn't mind ).

I'll start shall I?

" Is it not written......."

I don't care what ( insert your child's best friends name ) is allowed to do, I'm not ( insert friends name )'s mother!

Bored? Bored? - Go and play out then! We weren't allowed to sit in the house all day - our mothers MADE us go out!

This thread is dedicated to northern Grannies everywhere - may you meet one in your lifetime.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Wonderful thread! When I was a small tyke, out shopping with my Dear Old Granny. If I saw something in the Woolworths 5and10 cent store, I thought I'd die if I didn't get, and Dear Old Granny knew I would live if I didn't get it....

Out of her mouth would fly these words of wisdom. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Though I hadn't a clue what those words meant, at the time. I did know from the resolution in her voice, I wasn't gonna get that toy.

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ah Des - I can see by your name that you already have that metaphysical bent to you.....

" Is it not written ' If wishes were horses, beggars would ride' "

You should take my metaphorical hand and we will walk the Way together.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Apparently I have been a follower of the Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite for my entire life and never even knew it! I was initiated in the Way by my own dear granny, and have instructed my children and grandchild in the Way for their entire lives! Is it not written that if it were a dog it would have bitten you?

Congratulations on finding the Way, fellow traveler!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironorchid
reply to post by Destinyone

Ah Des - I can see by your name that you already have that metaphysical bent to you.....

" Is it not written ' If wishes were horses, beggars would ride' "

You should take my metaphorical hand and we will walk the Way together.

Of course My Dear...is is not written....Birds of a Feather, Flock together.....

Des

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh me too - and that is the beauty of the Way, little is needed for the acolyte to adjust.
The Way contains truths that resonate and speaks to the heart of each of us, for indeed does not true enlightenment allow us to embrace our inner child?

Your post proves that the Way has been as an underground stream of perceived wisdom, passed down from our earliest ancestors.

For is it not written ' There's a lot that we don't get told. '

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It indeed will be a sad day for me when Terry Pratchett makes a soil donation with all his heart and soul. His wit and insight into us plundering buffoons is almost like he plucked it from another planet, nay disc.
If our world could be more like the discworld, well I think I would have certainly been a happier person. Come-uppence would be served comedically and if you want to earn your way as a dribbler then it would be possible.

Anyway, I shall embark to use "If you play with fire you will wet the bed" this week!

S&F ironorchid!
edit on 17-4-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hi there

It's been said that Terry Pratchett is the Dickens of our times and like Dickens, the names of his characters are just wonderful; I think my personal favourites are Agnes Nit and Total Biscuit!

Due to our rotten winter and non-existent spring, I am still clinging to

For is it not written ' If you don't take your coat off, you won't feel the benefit.'

top topics

join