It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Iran already a nuclear state, but has no intention of launching attack on Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Iran already a nuclear state, but has no intention of launching attack on Israel

www.haaretz.com

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that while Iran is already a nuclear state, it has no intention of attacking Israel.

Ahmadinejad said the world must now treat Iran as a nuclear country. “They want Iran to go back to what it was in the past, but they won’t succeed. They assume we’ll give in to pressure; such thoughts are misguided. We’re already an industrial and nuclear country, a country that has conquered space. For years we have been thinking about sending a human being into space
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting Article
Firstly hooray for Hareetz for the other side of the news

Humans into space?
Ya I doubt that will happen, but good luck.

Though I have no faith in their space missions I do hope for peace and that's what is important to me.
Not marketing!!!

I'm not the biggest fan of Ahmadinejad, but I do think he puts Obama to shame.

Because while Obama is too scared to go on hard hitting interviews Ahmadinejad has more hard hitting interviews during his visit to the west than Obama ever had during his term, and to me that is unnaceptable.

It's also shameful that Ahmadinejad is willing to have more hard hitting interviews than the domestic President.
That's just insane!

I just hope that what he was saying is truthful, not a lie, and did not have any misdirection.

Hopefully we will not have a war with them, hopefully we'll only have peace and concentrate on domestic economy rather than making individuals rich!

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

During the interview, Ahmadinejad condemned what he described as massacres committed by Israel. “For us, supporting the Palestinian people is a matter of human importance in every sense. The Palestinians must receive their rights, and the Zionists are moving closer and closer toward the edge.”

From the article, yet more threats from Iran.

I can hear the Israeli jets warming up their engines now. This should be over with rather quickly.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
oh from someone who says they are not building nukes?

we can trust them

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
oh from someone who says they are not building nukes?

we can trust them

But who can you trust?
Did you know the Iraq war was only supposed to be only weeks long?

Is Obama more trustworthy?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How about we stay out of it?

Let them continue their nuke program and let Israel nuke em.

They should settle this themselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

Pretty much, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say the only thing Ahmadinejad runs is his mouth. Israel will drop bombs on their crap, the UN will cry, the US won't care, life will go on.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Don't trust either of them why would anyone?

But then agian everyone knows who runs iran the supreme leader.

The leader is more powerful than the President of Iran and appoints the heads of many powerful posts in the military, the civil government, and the judiciary.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Like I said, the only that Ahmadinejad runs is his mouth.

It's an entertaining mouth at times though.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by neo96

Like I said, the only that Ahmadinejad runs is his mouth.

It's an entertaining mouth at times though.

That is a dangerous game.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not the leader of the free world therefore I reserve the right to be amused by what I want.

He's harmless. If they do get a nuke they aren't going to waste it by dropping it on Israel. I don't think they are nice people, but they aren't stupid. It's insurance to keep themselves from being invaded in the way Iraq was. It's unlikely to work in their favor, but that's their game.
edit on 6-2-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by neo96

I'm not the leader of the free world therefore I reserve the right to be amused by what I want.

He's harmless. If they do get a nuke they aren't going to waste it by dropping it on Israel. I don't think they are nice people, but they aren't stupid. It's insurance to keep themselves from being invaded in the way Iraq was. It's unlikely to work in their favor, but that's their game.
edit on 6-2-2013 by antonia because: opps

Ask Pakistan how nukes made them "safe".

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
He has also said that Iran is prepared to destroy Israel if they attack Iran.

This is simply a warning to Israel, aimed as a deterrent to preemptive strikes.

There is more to this Egypt visit... IMO...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I do hope for peace and that's what is important to me

Well if you do hope for peace,Ahmadinejad words if true will only have the opposite affect.They will force the Israel's to esclate their stance.

Do you really think Israel will sit back and do nothing?My god are people that stupid.The opinion is that the U.S want to keep Iran from having the bomb for selfish reasons.Do you really think that the U.S or any other country in the world wouldn't know what would happen if Iran got the bomb!!

Well I can tell you and anyone how thinks for theirself can.If Iran gets the bomb Israel will go off their chain,there will be no stopping them.The middle East will explode.No amount of threats to Israel from any country (including the U.S)will stop them.Why can't people see past their beliefs and see the big picture.

The good news is I don't think Ahmadinejad's words are true.There has not been a nuke test.that make's it kind of hard to have a bomb.

edit on 6-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
How about we stay out of it?

Let them continue their nuke program and let Israel nuke em.

They should settle this themselves.

That is a good plan.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't remember saying it would make them safe. I said that's what they think. Analysis is not agreement and you'd do well to remember that.

The good news is I don't think Ahmadinejad's words are true.There has not been a nuke test.that make's it kind of hard to have a bomb.

He didn't mean that as "We've got the bomb", rather he was referencing their nuclear reactors. They have them, but that has been known for some time.
edit on 6-2-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Well if you do hope for peace,Ahmadinejad words if true will only have the opposite affect.They will force the Israel's to esclate their stance.

It is actually more of a veiled threat, and a "put up or shut up" ... Israel and the USA have two choices now, they either accept a nuclear Iran, or act to remove the threat.

It's all about choices, and in this case, the choices are simple.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Way to cut and slice a post.For you answer read my whole post.It won't matter if the U.S has a dog in the show or not.If Iran get's the bomb Israel will act no matter what the U.S does.That was the whole point of my post.

Look I am not condoning it I am just saying what anyone who can see past their hate could see.
edit on 6-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

If Israel does attack Iran, it will not only be a direct retaliation from Iran that Israel will be faced with.

The USA will have NO choice if that happens, they will have to defend Israel, and being drawn in will justify attacks on the USA.

Not cutting up your post, I just wanted to address that particular line.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Everyone has to remember that Mr Amenijhad isn't exactly liked by the clerics that run Iran, he's has several clashes with them and they would like nothing better than to see him voted out of office at this point, so I wonder if he's saying this to anger them more and get the Iranian people behind him, more than trying to disuade the West about the nuclear program..

Just something to consider, dont' know if it's his real reason, but...was what i was thinking when I read it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join