It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zero Tolerance Meant to Mean Zero Intelligence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is a follow-up to my previous thread located here:

What's Wrong with School Admins.

When will this madness end and is there any end in sight? Is this an example of who should be nominees for a Darwin Award?

A second grader in Loveland, CO was suspended from school because he was playing on the playground and threw an "imaginary grenade" into a box to prevent "evil bad forces" from getting out. Yes you heard me correctly......suspended for throwing an "imaginary grenade" on the playground!!

It gets better however, just last week a student in Florence, Arizona was suspended for a desktop background on his laptop that portrayed a gun laying on top of a flag.

Florence, AZ Student Suspended over Gun Desktop Image

Really!?! Really??

In December, a student in Madison City was suspended for drawing pictures of guns and "having extensive knowledge as to how they operate". The childs father is a federal agent and firearms instructor.

Student Suspended for Drawing Guns

And just when I thought I could not be more disgusted, if you haven't seen all the children getting suspended over toy guns and making gun shapes with thier hands in my other thread, now I read this.....

Sixth graders in Texas were asked as part of a homework assignment to design a "communist" looking flag.

???

School Homework to Design a Communist Flag

So school administrations are now trying to teach our kids that Communism is not a bad thing afterall!

I guess North Korea, China, and the former U.S.S.R. are in thier eyes prime examples of what government should be like and it is now being indoctrinated into our children today. Can our fine leadership be any more obvious and possibly sink to any lower level?

As always I welcome peoples opinions and look forward to more conversation regarding these events of late.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

A kid was expelled once, I forgot where but I saw the story in the news, where he tore pieces off of a paper into the shape of an "L" and held the smaller line in the L, and it looked a little like a gun.

Just heard recently a kid was arrested by a SWAT team and suspended with the possibility of expulsion over having an obviously toy gun.

This is indoctrination, not zero tolerance.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

A kid was expelled once, I forgot where but I saw the story in the news, where he tore pieces off of a paper into the shape of an "L" and held the smaller line in the L, and it looked a little like a gun.

Just heard recently a kid was arrested by a SWAT team and suspended with the possibility of expulsion over having an obviously toy gun.

This is indoctrination, not zero tolerance.

I don't know if you are talking about the 5th grade girl from Phildelphia with the paper gun, but if so yeah I saw that as it is in my previous thread. Haven't heard about the SWAT arrest, but the way things seem to be lately I hardly can disbelieve it. What I wonder is if people are going to wake up as to what is really going on......welcome to the the new country the USSA.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I forgot to add the link for the kid with the "Imaginary Grenade" story.

Imaginary Grenade Causes Suspension

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This entire "zero tolerance" mindset, from the current absurdity regarding stick drawings, lego toys, etc. to the absurdity of suspending a teenager from giving a friend an advil is the direct result of the government. Government purposefully negates the principal of applying sound judgement to a given situation. Its intentional. You can debate about the motivations, but it is intentional.

When the government knows best, there is no reason for you to think, hence the removal of all shades of grey from society. Hell, its much safer not to have to be held accountable for your personal decisions when you can simply take the easy route and apply a zero tolerance approach.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
This entire "zero tolerance" mindset, from the current absurdity regarding stick drawings, lego toys, etc. to the absurdity of suspending a teenager from giving a friend an advil is the direct result of the government. Government purposefully negates the principal of applying sound judgement to a given situation. Its intentional. You can debate about the motivations, but it is intentional.

When the government knows best, there is no reason for you to think, hence the removal of all shades of grey from society. Hell, its much safer not to have to be held accountable for your personal decisions when you can simply take the easy route and apply a zero tolerance approach.

Indeed, I fear to see the next 25 years or so, if things don't change.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is obviously social engineering. Manipulating children to hate guns.

The question remains, is it a concerted effort controlled by un-named people? Or is it a general consensus by people within our educational system?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The question remains, is it a concerted effort controlled by un-named people? Or is it a general consensus by people within our educational system?

I think we should have a way in our communities to vote a teacher out of the school system. Presently the parents of the community have no say so in who is teaching their kids. If the teachers up here start telling kids that people who own guns are bad people we should have the right as a community to oust them. There are a lot of deer hunters up here and also deer hunting widows that want their husbands gone to camp for a week. I'm sure that this idea would go good around here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by beezzer

I think we should have a way in our communities to vote a teacher out of the school system. Presently the parents of the community have no say so in who is teaching their kids. If the teachers up here start telling kids that people who own guns are bad people we should have the right as a community to oust them. There are a lot of deer hunters up here and also deer hunting widows that want their husbands gone to camp for a week. I'm sure that this idea would go good around here.

I second this idea, like an impeachment process of our own towards overbearing lunacy regarding the school admins.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with guns. In the parade freedoms being purposefully eroded, guns is simply in front of the viewing stand. They've been steadily eroding our rights and freedoms for decades. Freedom of speach, freedom of religion, freedom of association, right to privacy, property rights, freedom to control certain aspects of our medical care, freedom to make legal financial transactions or get on a plane without a law requiring the bank or airline notify the government, right to not be observed by the government via a total perversion of the warrant process, freedom to exchange information with other parties or use modern technology to perform research or entertain myself without the possibility of some government entity observing my behavior.

What's funny is that everytime it happens, folks get fired up about the issue of the day and becomes outraged. Now folks are outraged about the efforts to restrict legal and responsible use of guns, as they should be if thats the way they feel.

Lets all take a step back and look at the trends and you'll see that this has nothing what so ever to do with guns. Look at the things that needed to happen for them to even be able to seek restriction of guns.
Technology that makes it possible and financially tolerable, reduced privacy rights, erosion of the doctor patient contract by pushing drs to probe into matters far beyond the medical issue at hand, many many more.

The folks who love the state and want total government management of our lives and our society don't care which freedoms they erode as long as they are in the process of eroding a few at a given time. No worries, they'll get around to them all eventually.

Thats why we need to be concerned when any freedom or right is being attacked. Each one make the others stronger. I don't like guns and will never own one. I'll defend the rights of those who have the opposite view to the best off my ability. I would also hope that they would defend rights and freedoms I choose to exercise regardless of their individual view on the matter.

It ain't about guns. Today it might be, but in the larger context, it has nothing to do with guns.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Agree with that whole post.

The most amazing thing is that they have (at least from where I stand) created their own boogeyman. In the late 80s/early 90s they started this zero tolerance crap in response to fighting in school. Suddenly, even if he was defending himself from a bully, anyone who throw a punch got suspended or worse. In some cases cops were even called, over a simple fistfight between boys.

Boys aren't "civilized" nor should they be. They are dogs in a pack of other dogs, each with high levels of hormones, each eying any female that walks in their midst, each wanting to be lead dog, and each confused as hell alternating between being maniacally happy and scarily pissed off for reasons they're not even clear on. Throw the variables of bullies, clumsiness, different developmental time frames, and social awkwardness into the mix and you've got quite the scene. This is where fighting is so very crucial and so very awesome in its place along a boy's developmental cycle. Even the nerdiest kid has a breaking point where he finally gathers the sack needed to punch whoever is bullying him square in the nose. Even the calmest, most chill boy has brief moments of rage where he wants to poke Johnny Chuckles in the chin after Johnny made an off color remark. Even the most laid back boy experiences that glorious moment in his mind where he sees a girl he likes crying after her boyfriend was a tool and decides he'll win her heart by punking the ex out. THAT IS ALL NORMAL AND NECESSARY. By taking all of these "barbaric" customs and parts of healthy development out of our boys' lives and making them verbotten, we are actually creating a smoldering time bomb. Fistfights at 15 years old are rational, sane, and usually the next day the two participants are friendly with each other.

Instead we allow no outlet to that and kids eventually boil over and do something really dumb... like shoot up a school.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Simpler times my friend, simpler times. I honestly don't think some of these morons truly understand what they are creating with those ridiculous policies. Creating our own problems that we need to solve at a later date, that seems to be the US policy for the last 50 years.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I created something for everyone with a child in school, whatever age, or who teaches at a public school. It's a simple little geometric pattern, to print onto clothing. Feel free to uses as iron-on, or copy it, or paint it, or whatever. It's a great little pattern, that all kids in school should be wearing.

Just shapes, nothing to object to!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You joke, but a kid was expelled for cutting a piece of paper in a shape sort of like that, not even with the triangle though, and holding it.

Maybe if a lot of parents put that on their kids' shirts, the school couldn't do anything. After all, they can't expel a giant group of kids who have that. Public schools gotta make money, ya know.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It means zero common sense, zero judgement. All things are the same, no matter what and will be punished by following the guide lines, not by judging each incident, the cause of the incident and the background of each student involved. It's a wide broom that sweeps up the good with the bad.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You joke, but a kid was expelled for cutting a piece of paper in a shape sort of like that, not even with the triangle though, and holding it.

Maybe if a lot of parents put that on their kids' shirts, the school couldn't do anything. After all, they can't expel a giant group of kids who have that. Public schools gotta make money, ya know.

Wasn't really joking. I would like to see something like that on every single thing the kids wear to school. If I made clothing, I would design a line, sell it cheap, and get it all over the place. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. It isn't just the guns, either; it's more the kids being told that they are powerless, and aren't allowed to think for themselves, or imagine anything, or protest anything. It's the system flexing its muscles, and trying to train a generation to be more malleable. The ONLY way to stop that is massive protest. If mine were in public school, I would send them in clothing with those all over it, and then demand to know why they were sent home for geometric shapes. Yeah, I am kind of confrontational at times. I got it honest; my parents were both pretty tough when it came to stupid stuff like that.

Origami, a deaf kid's name, an imaginary grenade, talk of a bubble "gun" not even AT the school, finger "guns", and more get kids suspended, and in trouble? I can't understand why anyone still sends their kids to the schools.

top topics

join