It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pragmatical ways to Samadhi...early stage of Enlightenment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, I just google this site and I find the author knows what he is talking about. Very often he would intermix Taoism, Buddhism, and Hinduism and making a complicated concept more easily understandable. I may be spiritually gifted but I believe I still lack guidance and insights...insights into the "mechanics" of enlightenment.

www.meditationexpert.com...

You think you can reason your way to Enlightenment and to avoid meditations. Wrong. Ain't happening. White Skeleton meditation.....hmmm...interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Can you give a little more description for people to read directly in the thread?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Yeah, Samadhi is good stuff. I have only experienced about 3 times in my whole life---each time it took a long, interrupted block of quiet meditation (usually taking well over 5-6 hours)

It's an amazing feeling and I need to go back there! Stupid life gets in the way though

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I experienced Samādhi once after meditating for years. After about an hour or so of meditation. Using music designed for meditation and concentrating on my breath and trying to be thoughtless as possible. That's always how I meditate. The Samādhi experience was the most profound experience I have had. I wasn't ready for it at the time. I feel the need to start again though.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, last night I tried the skeleton meditation. Well, my chi was unleashed and haven't felt this way with my meditation for a while. Then, my third eye could only see a black hole or black light. According to the author, my heart chakras was open. It was quite intense. Of course, I couldn't sleep well last night because my body was flooded with Chi.

Here is a great passage from the author:

"In other words, the Mahayana spiritual path of cultivation is to try to attain one-pointed concentration in the midst of worldly hustle and bustle, and you constantly test yourself in the world of troubles rather than in the silence of isolation. This road of practice really has you proving the truth of emptiness. You have to put lots of work into perfecting your outward behavior at the same time that you are cultivating your mind, and you must learn to look at everything that comes your way as if it were a dream. The results of this sort of practice are very strong, for as Zen master Hakuin said, "Meditation in the midst of action is a billion times superior to meditation in stillness."

This Mahayana means of cultivation is actually more difficult than a Hinayana retreat in solitary seclusion because you need a great unselfish mind to accomplish this way. You need to love and accept people, and you need mercy and compassion to take care of others and do the difficult things you vow to do while receiving slander, misunderstanding and suffering in return. Working for the benefit of others involves a lot of pain and trouble, yet you must still find the time to meditate in all this mess; otherwise, you will just become an ordinary charity worker with worldly rather than worldly and spiritual merit. In that case, life will quickly pass by, and while you will accumulate merit for the path, you will achieve no level of spiritual attainment whatsoever.

You might accumulate a vast amount of merit like a Mother Teresa or Albert Schweitzer in this way, but you will achieve little in terms of true cultivation attainment when you do not engage in meditation practice as well. Meditation practice is the only way to purify the mind and attain spiritual states, for you cannot clean the mind by thinking pretty thoughts, or by replacing old thoughts with new ones.

On the Mahayana path you have to face many people and many troubles, but if your vows of mercy and compassion are great enough, sometimes you can reach Tao even quicker along this route. This is possible because your merit will grow astronomically, and because you will develop sufficient prajna wisdom to be able to detach from, or skillfully deal with, all the various distractions, disturbances and disruptions of modern life. Those following the Hinayana road usually just become meditation teachers, but those following the Mahayana path can become generals, kings, saints and all sorts of other occupations."

Some of his passages are very dense though.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I like metal rock music.

new topics

top topics

join