It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Local Interstellar Cloud affecting us in any way?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
[color=gold]Introduction

Greetings everyone and welcome to a very interesting topic that has been covered in many threads here on ATS and for which a team has voluntarily formed to further investigate:

Is the Local Interstellar Cloud affecting us in any way?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ru5110e0f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Project Level 2 Research

Basically, the Local Interstellar Cloud or more commonly called the LIC or Local Fluff is a thirty light years across cloud that the solar system is presently voyaging through.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ps5110e428.jpg[/atsimg]

The Solar System is thought to have entered the Local Interstellar Cloud at some time between 44,000 and 150,000 years ago and is expected to remain within it for another 10,000 to 20,000 years.

Source

Many theories have surfaced about the LIC, not just on ATS but in the scientific realm as well. Aside from the scientific theories there are a lot of speculations, a lot of fear mongering and worries that have risen from this astronomical cloud that we’re journeying through.

Here is a list of some of them:

The LIC is the culprit for changes in our solar system.

The LIC could be affecting Earth’s magnetism and possibly the core.

The LIC could be affecting all life on our planet.

The LIC could be affecting the weather on our planet.

The LIC could be affecting us in a vibrational way.

[align=center][color=gold]========================================[/align]

[color=gold]Project Goals

The goals are to find out the factual properties of this cloud. To determine, through factual data, if the LIC affects us in any way. Is it really affecting our solar system? Is it really affecting Earth’s magnetism? Is it really having an effect on life itself on the planet? Is it really affecting the weather?

The goals are to find adequate and relevant answers to those questions and to find out the truth, throughout the noise.

[color=gold]The LIC Research Team

MamaJ

Research

MamaJ has been looking into this phenomenon and various scientific claims for years, with an avid hunger to find out more. Her goal is to validate the claims of notable minds such as Susan Joy Rennison, Viola Neal and others whom took the front stage in saying that it does affect us.

SonoftheSun

Research

I have looked into this phenomenon for quite a while and as team leader, I will try to corroborate the facts with occurrences happening on our planet. My goal is to determine if life is affected in any way, through the data available.

This project is to bring light to a controversial subject, to gather evidence on existing theories and finally, to get a clearer picture of the Local Interstellar Cloud, in and of itself.

I wish to thank ATS for, once again, showing that it is a forum of the highest standard and quality, the Moderators and especially Moderator Rising Against for his continual good advice, the viewers and most importantly, I also wish to address my deepest thanks to MamaJ and Jim Oberg for agreeing to research into this topic, in hopes that all of us will learn something new.

Let’s get the ball rolling.

~Son.

You Have An Interest In This Subject?

Anyone else wishing to research into this topic is welcome, just send me a pm to discuss it.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Rising Against because: Removed a participant, and upgraded this to a level 2.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

INFO POST

As I mentioned in the opening statement of this research, there are multiple threads and off site information that talks about the LIC. To be used as a resource, here is a list of some of them:

[color=gold]Pertinent ATS Threads

NASA: our solar system passing into INTERSTELLAR CLOUD that should not exist

Solar System Passing Through Highly Magnetised Interstellar Cloud

Energy Cloud could cause cataclysmic solar event, but could also be responsible for current increase

NASA Crushes 2012 Mayan Apocalypse Claims

Shocking news about future Earth changes

Could The Cloud Be The Answer?

Voyager 1 Detects Weirdness At Solar System Edge

2012-ISM dust-Cosmic Rays-Global/Solar System Warming-Possible beginning of ICE AGE

Could the anomalies happening in the Solar System be the Cause for Climate Change?

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist

Sound Powered Suns

New discoveries are confirming electric sun theories.

Will A Shutdown of The Northern Conveyor Belt Cause Eventually Global Cooling?

Global Warming Violates the Basic Laws of Physics.

Earth atmosphere collapse puzzles scientists

Astrophysicist says our solar system is entering an interstellar energy cloud that will bring global catastrophe

NASA - Giant Ribbon Discovered At The Edge of the Solar System

is space/time warped? or is space time just like a liquid?

The Solar System is Traveling Through a Magnetic Cloud.. Cause of Global Disruptions, and "Hum"?

Heliosphere's Long-Theorized Bow Shock Does Not Exist, New IBEX Data Show

The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming.

Astronomy 101

theroy of gravitaional warp naturally occouring at bow shock

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you SonoftheSun for inviting me to join in on the research of the Local Interstellar Cloud. This will be interesting and oh so much fun.

After the Japan quake I joined ATS simply because my research of geological upheaval sent me reading threads on ATS. I joined immediately. Living in Tennessee I wondered why Arkansas was not only having a massive swarm of EQ's but birds were dying as well.

Since that day I have researched off and on and kept up with the latest news regarding climate change and what credible people (from my pov) find to be a credible cause for such.

Susan Rennison is someone I first stumbled upon when beginning my research. I watched what seem to be a two hour lecture at the time. www.susanrennison.com...

Check out Susan's lecture in full (nevermind, for some reason that is no longer possible... hmmm??) and if there is any doubt to what she presents one can easily link to everything and verify. She is not wanting her word to be taken but the word of the community as a whole. Doing your own due diligence is something she pushes for all of us to do. This video is now in many 15 min parts.

I researched Susan and her website and found her to be credible. Her degree is as follows ; B.Sc. Hons. (Physics with Geophysics).

She is esoteric, not to be branded as "new ager". Oh no... that is not Susan... at all. She is more of an intellectual mystic and I consider myself to be like minded.

Her lectures and interviews seem to indicate she believes (after her studies) that while the Sun is traveling through (embedded) The Interstellar Cloud we are receiving massive planetary changes and the entire solar system as a whole is beginning or has been enduring a type of "cosmic shift". On every level she expects changes to take place and gives plenty of reasons why. Please know, she is not alone.

We can no longer debate there is global warming. Global warming is simply an old term to describe what scientist say taking place is extreme. There is global warming but not in the sense people have ran with for years. There's simply more to it. White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a "dangerous misnomer" for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

It is far more complicated and deserves more investigation into this matter that is indeed.... complex.

The term Global warming is in first thought the warming of the Planet and that is simply wrong in terms of the overall change taking place.

Changes to precipitation patterns and sea levels are likely to have much greater human impact than the higher temperatures alone," the report said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Back to Susan ( I really like her).

After watching the lecture above, I reviewed saved links (there was sooo many) and I came across the saved link regarding Viola Petitt Neal, I was in awe after reading about this woman. Im a chick... I connected with her.

Viola was a very intelligent woman and very well liked in the community. She has now passed but while alive achieved many accomplishments. She was a Professor and an Author.

Her book, "Through The Curtain" brand new... is like... 1000$!!!! On Amazon it has five out of five star rating. www.amazon.com...

Remembering this book I went to Susan Rennisons site to see if she speaks about the book... and she does! Actually many sites do.... again, she was very much liked in the community.

Dr. Viola Petit Neal & Shafica Karagulla, MD authored, " Through the Curtain" years ago (1983) and the story is Viola had "night classes" in her dreams. She wrote a book about what she was shown and guess what.... she saw a lot, including issues of what I believe is referring to the LIC.

She studied chemistry, physics, and psychology in college and got her degree in Philosophy and taught Perennial Philosophy for 35 years. Highly educated woman who was thought to be clairvoyant and highly accepted by her peers... Like... Edgar Cayce. When she slept... she received information!

Will continue in a few.... have to go to aerobics. lol Be back soon.

edit on 6-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Back!

Below is a quote from "Through the Curtain" which can be found on Susan's site and on the web (possibly).

“This is already beginning slightly. Just the very, very tenuous edge of this cloud of etheric substance has moved in to the area where we are in the solar system. It is also affecting the planet Venus. This is one reason that it seems so much much brighter. It’s not just because it is closer to the earth, but it is also because of this etheric substance that is almost physical.” SK: Does He say from where this etheric cloud is coming? VPN: He says: “Our solar system is moving into it. It is moving toward us. There are two movements.” SK: Where is it coming from? VPN: It is part of the vast reaches of space. One of those conditions far out in space that we encounter as we move through it. Sometimes vast aeons of time cross these patterns of energy or substance. All this is part of the Plan and purpose that has to do with the Solar Logos, but affects all life on all planets. He says: “We must not be frightened. It doesn’t mean that there is any destruction and disaster to the solar system. Our solar will continue in its evolution and progress, and our planet earth also. This is beneficial to those who are students and who understand it. This will bring adjustment in the physical, etheric, astral and mental vehicles much more quickly than could be done in a number of lifetimes. “The Soul, the Self, will have a more clear and adequate and integrated vehicle more quickly. Those who are students and understand it, those who are evolved and integrated and are perhaps not students, will come to believe and understand it, and even many people, who are constructive in their outlook on life. “Those who are negative and destructive - it will increase the darkness of substance and will make their vehicles less useful. It is a positive thing, in the sense of positive and constructive.

Check out the site for more quotes found in the book.

So.... what does ATS think? Could this cloud be the LIC?

I wrote an email to Susan letting her know I was participating in a research thread on ATS (she is a lurker as her site indicates) regarding the Interstellar Cloud and she replied back with..

I cover a lot of subjects on my News of the Imbalance blog and website, any updates to my research that I choose to provide will be found on my website. However, in your ATS discussion, please point out that due to the energy influx into our solar system, world leaders are now preparing themselves for a paradigm shift amongst the general public. A special report at Davos 2013 has identified 5 'X Factors' that world leaders believe means the general public need to be taught more science and "space reality".My analysis can be found on my blog and in my latest newsletter.

The site she referred below speaks about climate change, it's one of the 5 X Factors.

quote) X Factors from Nature Developed in partnership with the editors of Nature, a leading science journal, the chapter on “X Factors” looks beyond the landscape of 50 global risks to alert decision-makers to five emerging game-changers: - Runaway climate change: Is it possible that we have already passed a point of no return and that Earth’s atmosphere is tipping rapidly into an inhospitable state?(quote) www3.weforum.org...

Visit the site for more details.

Here is just a little bit of analysis from Susan (Check the link out for the full analysis).
www.susanrennison.com...

On examination, most of these X Factors are related one way or another to Space Weather and rapid evolutionary change. This is really a shock and awe moment as our world leaders have basically accepted the reality of the transformation of our world and the metaphysical concept of the veil lifting... The technical term used was X factors being “game-changers”... Moreover, this Davos 2013 report makes it very clear that the general public needs to be re-educated by the promotion of science and “space literacy” campaigns. Since press releases from various space agencies in recent years are making it very clear that the issue of Space Weather is becoming very serious what else could “space literacy” represent besides Space Weather? Furthermore, amongst business leaders, politicians and central bankers, it was reported that a representative from the Vatican, the archbishop of Ireland, Diarmuid Martin (who has attended more Davos meetings than any other Irishman since his days in the Vatican) was in attendance. He was asked to provide a talk on ‘X factors; Preparing For The Unknown’. It must be understood that the Vatican are in a unique position as they have vast archives of ancient manuscripts and a tradition of understanding the existence of long astronomical cycles that affect life on Earth.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this.. bookmarked it as well and think its a great contribution to this research.

"The Cosmology of Climate Change: Intercorrelations Between Increased Global Temperature, Carbon Dioxide and Geomagnetic Activity"

By: Michael A. Persinger, Ph.D., journalofcosmology.com...

The calculated values are of course averages based upon the assumption of a homogeneous distribution of protons in space outside of the heliopause. If we assume this equivalence is an intrinsic feature of space and shows a modest range in variability, then the solar system could be moving through space whose intrinsic magnetic equivalence is within the range associated with the increase in geomagnetic activity over the last 100 years.

The above is plausible..

That gradients of magnetic fields exist in interstellar space was reported by Opher et al (2009). The observation of the "magnetic fluff of hydrogen and helium atoms at temperatures around 6300 K" along the boundaries of the heliosphere as it moves through intergalactic space was not expected by those authors but would be required to support the hypothesis explored here. Such changes in magnetic field density and implicitly dynamic pressure might be considered indicators of periodic spatial gradients within space. Although the strength of the magnetization being encountered by the solar system is in the order of 0.5 nT at the present time, a factor of 10 less than the calculations in the previous paragraph, magnetic field strengths for molecular clouds have ranged between 3.8 and 7.3 nT (Kazes and Crutcher, 1986). The presence of these variable "ribbons" of "high-pressure" material (Opher, et al, 2009) along the heliosphere in the direction of movement of the solar system through space may have influenced the system's organization more than expected. At a distance of 16 x 1012 m the time required for the solar system moving at about 105 m/s to traverse through successive diameters of solar-system space would be about 10 to 11 years, the classic periodicity of solar activity. If there were quasiperiodic organizations of space through which the solar system moves during its 240 million years of rotation around the center of the Milky Way, the systematic contact with these "impedances" may have influenced the dynamic organization within the system. The effect would be analogous to a motor boat moving at constant velocity over a lake with a relatively fixed distance between the waves. The amplification effects for a combination of resonance and periodicity can affect the three-dimensional motion.

Below is the conclusion.

Quantitative analyses of the increase in global temperature, carbon dioxide levels and geomagnetic activity indicate they share the same source of variance. The energy available from the enhanced geomagnetic activity which has been coupled to the expansion of the solar coronal magnetic field could accommodate the increases in global temperature for both the Earth and Mars. The author speculates, based upon inferences and general calculations as yet untested, there is an intrinsic organization in space through which the solar system moves as it orbits the center of the galaxy. Spatial quasi-periodicities in the characteristics of this submatter space, may be responsible for the coherent changes within the whole system.

It "may" be responsible... "may" just doesn't cut it. We need to KNOW. Don't ya think?

Here is where it gets really fun.
Some of you may remember his name.

Here is a question...

Who is Alexey (Alexei) Demetriev (Dmitriev)? Is he a Hoax? Under this name or that one, it appears yes. Under A. V. Dmitriev, it appears to be no.

I find his references everywhere from books, magazines, and articles. It seems its hard though (for some reason) to find more about him. Here is a little of what I found though...

arxiv.org...

link.springer.com...

tmgnow.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com... is sited below...

Let me answer the question the best I can from snooping around, " Who is A.V. Dmitriev.... ?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He is a (real) Russian Scientist and an author,

who has been publishing on the subject for the past fifteen years, observes that passage into this interstellar cloud has already begun to perturb the Sun, causing solar outbursts that are leading to hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanoes of unprecedented ferocity here on Earth. He is on record as predicting that we will face global catastrophe in "not tens but ones of years." When pressed, Dmitriev guesstimates that the Solar System will remain within this turbulent energy cloud for something on the order of three millennia. "We have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system. This magnetic field holds the interstellar energy cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all," says Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. He explains that this energy cloud is at least twice as strong as had previously been predicted and that the Solar System has begun to pass into it, adding that this field "is turbulent or has a distortion in the solar vicinity." In fact, most scientists had either minimized the possible significance of the interstellar energy cloud or dismissed the whole notion of its existence altogether. But not Dr. Alexei Dmitriev, the esteemed Russian space physicist whom I visited in Akademgorodok, a clandestine scientific research city outside of Novosibirsk, Siberia. In my recent book, Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation into Civilization's End, I detailed Dmitriev's conclusions, based on his team's analysis of Voyager data, that the atmospheres of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are inexplicably excited -- immense storms, mammoth eruptions, plasma arcs jetting from the planets' surface to their moons. He reasoned that this turbulence is caused by an external injection of energy into the planets' atmospheres: to wit, an interstellar energy cloud which the leading edge of the Solar System has now entered." The confirmation of Dmitriev's interstellar energy cloud hypothesis marks the third time that major predictions made in Apocalypse 2012 have been validated since it was published in 2007. Much of the book concerned the potential impacts of solar turbulence on climatic and seismic events, on the global satellite network and also the electrical power grid. Lo and behold, in December, 2008, the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) issued a 100+ page report detailing the grave vulnerability of the electrical power grid to solar blasts, which, by scientific consensus, are next expected to climax in late 2012 or early 2013. The NAS concludes that up to 130 million people could find themselves without electricity for months or years due to solar mega-storms shorting out the grid. Without telecommunications, water or gasoline (the pumps are electric), refrigeration, and basic law enforcement or military security, civilization as we know it would be brought to its knees.

So, even though many say he is a "hoax" and not a real person I found references that lead me straight to him.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In my research I have thoroughly enjoyed this read, "NATURAL CATACLYSMS AS A GLOBAL FACTOR OF INFLUENCE ON THE WORLD ECONOMY" , By, "Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov; born April, 26 1959), a geophysicist who works in the area of geodynamics and geotectonics."

en.wikipedia.org
www.2011.geocataclysm.org...

Read below.. What could have happened in 1998 or just prior? Hmmmm?

1998 saw the beginning of abnormal changes in some of Earth’s geophysical parameters, a leap in J2 coefficient values in particular. This coefficient is determined using measurements made by the laser ranging system from US satellites. The J2 coefficient demonstrates the dynamics of the ratio between Earth’s equatorial and polar radii. According to NASA, the J2 coefficient had been decreasing for many years supposedly due to the release of meltwater from the mantle since the ice age. This was indicative of an increase in Earth’s radius at the poles and its reduction at the equator. Meanwhile, new data show that since 1998 the J2 coefficient began to grow. This process reflects the global redistribution of Earth’s masses, as well as Earth’s expansion at the equator and its flattening at the poles. Thus, some global-scale event is thought to have occurred in 1998; this could mean both global redistribution of Earth’ masses and minor changes of its shape.

He also states,

In that case, what could be causing this humming in the sky?In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth’s surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.Given the surge in solar activity as manifested itself in the higher number and energy of solar flares since mid-2011, we can assume that there is a high probability of impact of the substantial increase in solar activity on the generation of the unusual humming coming from the sky

Is it coming from the core?? Is Earth's core being effected? It is possible that the LIC is the contributing factor to what I am seeing as a possible snowball effect.

But you said that the cause of the “sky hum” can lie within Earth’s core as well, what does it mean?There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth’s core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth’s north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth’s core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth’s geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth’s gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth’s core level. That huge energy release from the Earth’s core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth’s internal energy into a new active phase. www.kipnews.org...

What I have presented thus far is just a bit of water in a sea of information regarding the LIC and the possible effects it is having not only on our planet but it may be a contributing factor to much more. From the subatomic to the galactic... things seem to be changing. Although change is the only constant in this reality, the LIC is a possible culprit and its worth investigating even further (imo).

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Investigating even further one has to look to NASA for confimation or at least see if they are causually expressing any concern whatsoever. You decide...

Here is an article from 12/03/2012 and is titled, "NASA Voyager 1 Encounters New Region in Deep Space"

www.nasa.gov...

NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft has entered a new region at the far reaches of our solar system that scientists feel is the final area the spacecraft has to cross before reaching interstellar space. Scientists refer to this new region as a magnetic highway for charged particles because our sun's magnetic field lines are connected to interstellar magnetic field lines. This connection allows lower-energy charged particles that originate from inside our heliosphere -- or the bubble of charged particles the sun blows around itself -- to zoom out and allows higher-energy particles from outside to stream in. Before entering this region, the charged particles bounced around in all directions, as if trapped on local roads inside the heliosphere.

The article goes on to state that this region is still inside our solar bubble as the magnetic field lines have not changed. It is however predicted to change when the Voyager goes into interstellar space.

The results were discussed at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco in December of last year. (I will come back to these results in more detail)

There is more detail in the article from NASA and below is somewhat telling... but please visit the link for the a more in depth vision of what they are describing as a "magnetic highway".

"We are in a magnetic region unlike any we've been in before -- about 10 times more intense than before the termination shock -- but the magnetic field data show no indication we're in interstellar space," said Leonard Burlaga, a Voyager magnetometer team member based at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "The magnetic field data turned out to be the key to pinpointing when we crossed the termination shock. And we expect these data will tell us when we first reach interstellar space."

As the article also states "we have come to expect the unexpected".

Back to the American Geophysical Union meeting ....

When going to the site one just has to Google, "Interstellar cloud" and lots of papers will be at your fingertips for the pleasure of reading and obtaining information.

The first paper I came across is written by a man Christopher P. McKay. Who is Christopher?

en.wikipedia.org...

Christopher P. McKay is a planetary scientist at NASA Ames Research Center, studying planetary atmospheres, astrobiology, and terraforming. McKay majored in physics at Florida Atlantic University, where he also studied mechanical engineering, and received his PhD in astrogeophysics from the University of Colorado in 1982.[1][2]

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...;jsessionid=C5BBA336A46A546D93D264D8378DC031.d03t02?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=& userIsAuthenticated=false

He published this article, "Consequences of a past encounter of the Earth with an interstellar cloud" on Dec. 19, 2012

In its motion through the galaxy the sun may have suffered a number of encounters with dense interstellar clouds for which the number density of molecular hydrogen H2 is > 10³ cm−3. Several authors have shown that this is sufficient density to stop the solar wind inside the earth's orbit. The earth's atmosphere would be subjected to an interstellar H2 flux of > 7×109 cm−2 s−1 for periods of ∼ 105 years. We have examined by means of simple scaling arguments several consequences for the earth's atmosphere: (1) the ionospheric F-region would largely disappear; (2) the water vapor content of the middle atmosphere would be greatly enhanced, reducing the mesospheric ozone concentrations and thereby lowering the average temperature and altitude of the mesopause; (3) as a result of (2), widespread mesospheric ice clouds would occur, increasing the planetary albedo; (4) the resultant radiative cooling at the surface may have been sufficient to "trigger" an ice age.

Now one just has to wonder if we are indeed experiencing anything that resembles an "ice age". This research like I said is likened to a snowball effect. One article leads you to another and to another and when its all said and done you get a clear picture that leads to the possible causes and effects from such a cloud.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So the research continues.... the question is now ...are we experiencing an ice age? Lets see...

What is an ice age? We need some history to educate us first.

The idea of an ice age came from Switzerland, where these geologic clues led some to think that the alpine glaciers must have once been more extensive. A naturalist named Louis Agassiz became fascinated by these signs and presented the idea of glacial activity at a conference in 1837. The scientists were underwhelmed and told Agassiz to go back to studying fossil fish. Granted, Agassiz's first theory wasn't perfect. He thought that the Earth froze suddenly, maybe after a catastrophic event, and that glaciers had extended as far as the Mediterranean. Regardless, he was determined to show how glaciers had affected the world.geography.howstuffworks.com...

Scientists like Louis Agassiz were familiar with glaciers, or snow that compacts so tightly that the bottom layer turns to ice. When the boulders in the Jura Mountains in Switzerland were traced back to the Alps, 50 miles (80 kilometers) away, glaciers explained these geologic anomalies that covered Europe and North America. What started as anomalies ended up as insights into what the ice age was like.

So what causes an ice age? In the 1920s, a mathematician, Milutin Milankovitch, identified three factors.
1. The tilt in the Earth's axis.
2. The way the Earth wobbles on its axis.
3. How close the Earth gets to the sun.
By combining the 3 in a mathematical formula, he predicts ice ages could occur every 22,000, 41,000 and 100,000 years and thus we have Milankovitch cycles. en.wikipedia.org...

Milanković mathematically theorized that variations in eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession of the Earth's orbit determined climatic patterns on Earth through orbital forcing. The Earth's axis completes one full cycle of precession approximately every 26,000 years. At the same time the elliptical orbit rotates more slowly. The combined effect of the two precessions leads to a 21,000-year period between the astronomical seasons and the orbit. In addition, the angle between Earth's rotational axis and the normal to the plane of its orbit (obliquity) oscillates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees on a 41,000-year cycle. It is currently 23.44 degrees and

Such changes in movement and orientation alter the amount and location of solar radiation reaching the Earth. This is known as solar forcing (an example of radiative forcing). Changes near the north polar area, about 65 degrees North, are considered important due to the great amount of land. Land masses respond to temperature change more quickly than oceans, which have a higher effective heat capacity, because of the mixing of surface and deep water and the fact that the specific heat of solids is generally lower than that of water.

The effects of these variations are primarily believed to be due to variations in the intensity of solar radiation upon various parts of the globe. Observations show climate behavior is much more intense than the calculated variations.

So this research into an ice age vs global warming can get rather confusing as one has to get into the "positive and negative feedback" and sooooo much more to even understand what is going on with "climate change" and what is causing it.

In order to NOT get off track and go deeper into the rabbit hole I want to introduce this article/research from Jan. of this year. Its lengthy but FULL of important information to consider.

The article is titled" Global Warming or The “New Ice Age”? Fear of the “Big Freeze”

Top Scientists, Government Agencies Have – For Over 100 Years – Been Terrified of a New Ice Age...

www.globalresearch.ca...

There has been an intense debate among leading scientists, government agencies and publications over whether the bigger threat is global warming or a new ice age. As we’ve previously noted, top researchers have feared an ice age – off and on – for more than 100 years. (This post does not weigh in one way or the other. It merely presents a historical record.)

For more than 100 years??? Really?

In this research the author links to each and one can verify the research is in fact telling.

Cont.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The article/research goes back all the way to 1895, however I want to begin with a letter to President Nixon (1972).

In 1972, two scientists – George J. Kukla (of the Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory) and R. K. Matthews (Chairman, Dept of Geological Sciences, Brown University) – wrote the following letter to President Nixon warning of the possibility of a new ice age: Dear Mr. President: Aware of your deep concern with the future of the world, we feel obliged to inform you on the results of the scientific conference held here recently. The conference dealt with the past and future changes of climate and was attended by 42 top American and European investigators. We enclose the summary report published in Science and further publications are forthcoming in Quaternary Research. The main conclusion of the meeting was that a global deterioration of climate, by order of magnitude larger than any hitherto experience by civilized mankind, is a very real possibility and indeed may be due very soon. The cooling has natural cause and falls within the rank of processes which produced the last ice age. This is a surprising result based largely on recent studies of deep sea sediments. Existing data still do not allow forecast of the precise timing of the predicted development, nor the assessment of the man’s interference with the natural trends. It could not be excluded however that the cooling now under way in the Northern Hemisphere is the start of the expected shift. The present rate of the cooling seems fast enough to bring glacial temperatures in about a century, if continuing at the present pace. The practical consequences which might be brought by such developments to existing social institution are among others: (1) Substantially lowered food production due to the shorter growing seasons and changed rain distribution in the main grain producing belts of the world, with Eastern Europe and Central Asia to be first affected. (2) Increased frequency and amplitude of extreme weather anomalies such as those bringing floods, snowstorms, killing frosts, etc. With the efficient help of the world leaders, the research … With best regards, George J. Kukla (Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory) R. K. Matthews (Chairman, Dept of Geological Sciences, Brown U)

So, based on this letter Eastern Europe and Central Asia would be the first affected. Here is a link to a book published in 2010 titled, "Adapting to Climate Change in Eastern Europe and Central Asia" and below is an excerpt.

This book presents an overview of what adaptation to climate change might mean for Eastern Europe and Central Asia. It starts with a discussion of emerging best-practice adaptation planning around the world and a review of the latest climate projections. It then discusses possible actions to improve resilience organized around impacts on health, natural resources (water, biodiversity, and the coastal environment), the 'unbuilt' environment (agriculture and forestry), and the built environment (infrastructure and housing). The last chapter concludes with a discussion of two areas in great need of strengthening given the changing climate: disaster preparedness and hydro-meteorological services. This book has four key messages: a) contrary to popular perception, Eastern Europe and Central Asia face significant threats from climate change, with a number of the most serious risks already in evidence; b) vulnerability over the next 10 to 20 years is likely to be dominated by socioeconomic factors and legacy issues; c) even countries and sectors that stand to benefit from climate change are poorly positioned to do so; and d) the next decade offers a window of opportunity for ECA countries to make their development more resilient to climate change while reaping numerous co-benefits.

There is more information available online regarding a coming "ice age" but I do want to go back to the article/research that was linked above from which the letter to Nixon was addressed. In doing so we can look at at least another link to the puzzle.

Climate changing indicates there is a factor/factors that is causing such changes. The root factor in this case CAN be followed all the way back to the LIC. Please keep this in mind. There are many factors at play here but they all lead back to (possibly) the LIC.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Back to the article/research...

I thought this below should be added in since it had to do with Obama's Science advisor, Dr. Holdren.

New York Times science columnist John Tierney noted in 2009: In 1971, long before Dr. Holdren came President Obama’s science adviser, in an essay [titled] “Overpopulation and the Potential for Ecocide,” Dr. Holdren and his co-author, the ecologist Paul Ehrlich, warned of a coming ice age. They certainly weren’t the only scientists in the 1970s to warn of a coming ice age, but I can’t think of any others who were so creative in their catastrophizing. Although they noted that the greenhouse effect from rising emissions of carbon dioxide emissions could cause future warming of the planet, they concluded from the mid-century cooling trend that the consequences of human activities (like industrial soot, dust from farms, jet exhaust, urbanization and deforestation) were more likely to first cause an ice age. Dr. Holdren and Dr. Ehrlich wrote: The effects of a new ice age on agriculture and the supportability of large human populations scarcely need elaboration here. Even more dramatic results are possible, however; for instance, a sudden outward slumping in the Antarctic ice cap, induced by added weight, could generate a tidal wave of proportions unprecedented in recorded history.

Cloud seeding anyone?

The American Institute of Physics – the organization mentioned in the Boston Globe article – notes: For a few years in the early 1970s, new evidence and arguments led many scientists to suspect that the greatest climate risk was not warming, but cooling. A new ice age seemed to be approaching as part of the natural glacial cycle, perhaps hastened by human pollution that blocked sunlight. Technological optimists suggested ways to counter this threat too. We might spread soot from cargo aircraft to darken the Arctic snows, or even shatter the Arctic ice pack with “clean” thermonuclear explosions. *** The bitter fighting among communities over cloud-seeding would be as nothing compared with conflicts over attempts to engineer global climate. Moreover, as Budyko and Western scientists alike warned, scientists could not predict the consequences of such engineering efforts. We might forestall global warming only to find we had triggered a new ice age.

So with cloud seeding we may find we have triggered a new ice age. lol Great! Thanks cloud seeders.

And then we have... "What may be the science story of the century"??? Yep.... read below...

The Register reported last year: What may be the science story of the century is breaking this evening, as heavyweight US solar physicists announce that the Sun appears to be headed into a lengthy spell of low activity, which could mean that the Earth – far from facing a global warming problem – is actually headed into a mini Ice Age.

The announcement made on 14 June (18:00 UK time) comes from scientists at the US National Solar Observatory (NSO) and US Air Force Research Laboratory. Three different analyses of the Sun’s recent behavior all indicate that a period of unusually low solar activity may be about to begin.

So... basically we are looking to the Sun now to figure out what is going on with the Sun as its behavior is effecting our climate.

We need to further investigate the galactic environment of our sun. From here we can analyze if the LIC is the main contributing factor.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
First, here are some thoughts. I have seen around ATS the argument "the sun has been in this cloud for years". This cloud is not of the same substance throughout. This is what needs to be understood first and foremost.

Below is from www.americanscientist.org...

These questions take on special significance in light of the fact that the interstellar medium—the sun's galactic environment—is not a homogeneous substrate. Astronomers have discovered that interstellar material is organized into clouds of dust and gas with elaborate features resembling filaments, worms, knots, loops and shells. Within a relatively small region of space, just a few thousand light-years across, the interstellar medium may exhibit a broad range of temperatures, densities and compositions. Indeed, astronomers' understanding of the interstellar medium has been up-ended in the past decade as the physical and structural complexity of interstellar material has unfolded. It is now evident that the sun must have experienced a broad range of galactic environments in its 5-billion-year history.

Currently, the sun is on the edge called the Local Bubble. The Local Bubble's interior is one of the most "extreme vacuums yet discovered".

The very best laboratory vacuum is about 10,000 times denser than a typical interstellar cloud, which in turn is thousands of times less dense than the Local Bubble.

The entire article needs to be read to fully understand. However here is an important part of it... in my opinion of course.

Changes in the sun's galactic environment, moderate or otherwise, must have taken place in the past. Indeed there is evidence on earth suggesting that the local galactic environment has not been stable. Ice-core samples from the Antarctic show spikes in the concentration of beryllium-10 (which has a half-life of 1.5 million years) during two events, one about 60,000 years ago and another about 33,000 years ago. What events could have caused these sudden increases in beryllium? One possibility is a sudden increase in the cosmic-ray flux on the earth's atmosphere, which would increase the precipitation of radioactive beryllium onto the planet's surface. A couple of mechanisms have been proposed to explain such an increase in the cosmic-ray flux near the earth, including a supernova shock and an encounter with a small, but dense cloud fragment in the Local Interstellar Cloud. The supernova proposal is consistent with the observation that interstellar dust grains within 30 light-years of the sun show indications of destruction by a shock wave traveling 100 to 200 kilometers per second. Still the causes of the beryllium spikes remain uncertain.

There is major uncertainty here as we rely on instruments for our data and accurate data at that. For now, it seems we await the findings of the Interstellar probes such as Voyager 1 and 2. Voyager 1 is expected to enter the Heliopause in 2015.

Evidence continues to suggest though, the LIC is affecting the Sun and our climate.
edit on 7-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just for fun, I want to go back to the alleged Hoax of A.V. Dmitriev.

Its so much fun... I can't help myself . I wrote an email to the "scientist". Hopefully he will email me back and I can share what he says with the members here who come to ATS for the denial of ignorance.

He is found in the "Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics (1978–2012)"

So.... he must be "real", right?

Again, I emailed him to obtain confirmation he is indeed the one who expresses concern over the LIC and the implications as such that has been described not only on ATS but other sites as well. I doubt he will email me back but do have hope.... always have hope that when looking for the truth it is revealed as my intentions are good.

So here is what can be found in the Journal. onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Traveling magnetopause distortion related to a large-scale magnetosheath plasma jet: THEMIS and ground-based observations A. V. Dmitriev and A. V. Suvorova Article first published online: 14 AUG 2012 | DOI: 10.1029/2011JA016861 Key Points A magnetosheath jet causes a strong distortion of the dayside magnetopause The jet results in intense plasma penetration inside the magnetosphere Ground magnetic variations trace the jet traveling along the magnetopause

Sounds like he is credible and knowledgeable doesn't it? He may know a little bit about our Sun and the LIC.

His work is also cited (Dawn-dusk asymmetry of geosynchronous magnetopause crossings also to be found in the journal already linked) here below from a paper "The Limits of Our Solar System" which was written by John D. Richardson from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and also Nathan A. Schwadron from Boston University. web.gps.caltech.edu...

At Earth, the 45° average angle of the solar magnetic field to the solar wind flow direction results in asymmetries in the magnetosheath plasma (Paularena et al., 2001) and the magnetopause locations (Dmitriev et al., 2004)

Here is something else I found... like I said there is a sea of information regarding this cloud as well as this scientist. HA! cdaw.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This is titled" The solar and interplanetary causes of space storms in solar cycle 23 "

References from A.V. Dmitirev are found if one looks. I wonder if the confusion came when many sites went running off other articles that had the good Dr. 's name wrong. A.N. Dmitirev was in error as it should have been A. "V". Dmitriev?? Maybe? Lets keep looking.

A. V. Dmitriev and A.N. Zhukov being with Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow 119992,

Also to note, Dmitirev is also in the "acknowledgements".

TextStereo/Corona is a science and hardware contribution to the optical imaging package SECCHI currently being developed for the NASA STEREO mission to be launched in 2005. VB likes to thank Alexey Dmitriev and Andrei Zhukov for providing the interplanetary data plots and for establishing Fig. 3. We also like to thank the two anonymous referees for their helpful comments.

So yeah, every indication points to a real Russian Scientist by the name of A.V? N.?. Dmitirev and as soon as he emails me back (hopefully) I will share it with ATS.
I am eager to find out if the "Millennium Group" translated his paper (if it is such) correctly which has been discussed all over the internet including ATS. Even Susan Rennison has the paper on her site as well. tmgnow.com...
www.joyfirepublishing.com...

A. "N" Dmtriev is said to have written this below which has been controversary for some time now. Is this the same man? I am not sure but seems to be the same. If they are two different people then they both study the same thing.... in Russia. Its possible either way.
PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF THE EARTH AND LIFE
By DR. ALEXEY N. DMITRIEV*

Published in Russian, IICA Transactions, Volume 4, 1997

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This below is just a beginning... the article may be viewed by some as "doom and gloom" and this is why I see it necessary to know who this man is.... EXACTLY. tmgnow.com...

Current PlanetoPhysical alterations of the Earth are becoming irreversible. Strong evidence exists that these transformations are being caused by highly charged material and energetic non-uniformity's in anisotropic interstellar space which have broken into the interplanetary area of our Solar System. This "donation" of energy is producing hybrid processes and excited energy states in all planets, as well as the Sun. Effects here on Earth are to be found in the acceleration of the magnetic pole shift, in the vertical and horizontal ozone content distribution, and in the increased frequency and magnitude of significant catastrophic climatic events. There is growing probability that we are moving into a rapid temperature instability period similar to the one that took place 10,000 years ago. The adaptive responses of the biosphere, and humanity, to these new conditions may lead to a total global revision of the range of species and life on Earth. It is only through a deep understanding of the fundamental changes taking place in the natural environment surrounding us that politicians, and citizens a like, will be able to achieve balance with the renewing flow of PlanetoPhysical states and processes.

In the lengthy conclusion he states this below... visit the link for more info.

Our Planet Earth is now in the process of a dramatic transformation;by altering the electromagnetic skeleton through a shift of the geomagnetic field poles, and through compositional changes in the ozone, and hydrogen, saturation levels of its gas-plasma envelopes. These changes in the Earth's physical state are being accompanied by resultant climatic/atmospheric, and biospheric, adaptation processes. These processes are becoming more and more intense, and frequent, as evidenced by the real time increase in "non-periodic transient events"; ie., catastrophes. There are reasons favoring, or pointing to, the fact that a growth in the ethical, or spiritual quality, of humanity would decrease the number and intensity of complex catastrophes. It has become vitally important that a world chart be prepared setting forth the favorable, and the catastrophic, regions on Earth taking into account the quality of the geologic-geophysical environment, the variety and intensity of cosmic influences, and the real level of spiritual-ethical development of the people occupying those areas.

Now, from this link link.springer.com... one can find 11 papers attributing to A."N". Dmitriev.

Are they the same man? Still.... don't know but do plan on finding out sooner than later.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have to quit today in regards to this research, however I do want to note that A."V"> Dmitriev indeed has ties with NASA. One can find him by doing a search of his name on the site.

When in the "hoaxed" article he states things changed considerably from 1998 to 2003 one has to wonder what changed in 2003 and what he was actually doing in 2003 to notice a "change". That's where my mind goes anyway.

Here is something to note. In 2000 he wrote this paper. "Model of the Slot Region of Earth's Electron Radiation Belt Depending on the Heliospheric Parameters". www.ingentaconnect.com...

Now... in 2003 he was mentioned in this annual report "2003 ANNUAL STATISTICS AND HIGHLIGHTS REPORT FOR
THE NATIONAL SPACE SCIENCE DATA CENTER" from NASA's site. nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Dmitriev, A. V., Chao, J. K., Dependence of geosynchronous relativistic electron enhancements on geomagnetic parameters, J. Geophys. Res., 108, No. A11, 1388, doi:10.1029/2002JA009664, 2003.

Visit this link for a picture of A. V. Dmitriev from Moscow University.
www.researchgate.net...'s_Orbit_durin g_Four_Solar_Cycles_20-23?ev=sim_pub

Also view his paper titled "Statistical Characteristics of the Heliospheric Plasma and Magnetic Field at the Earth's Orbit during Four Solar Cycles 20-23"

This man ^^^ knows his stuff.... read the paper for an in depth view regarding the Sun and the Interplanetary affects.

If there was a question as to who would have spoken out about our Sun and any dangers it may have via the LIC.... it would be this man. As far as the other guy with "N" as the middle initial. I cannot say for certain who he is or if it is the same Scientist but I can say my opinion.

The man who has been cited with the middle initial "N" is not the same person. One has different credentials (semiconductors) than the other. The man who I emailed today is the one whose picture is linked above and who does correspond with NASA. If there was a concerned statement made, it was made by him or was simply made up.

I hope to get the chance to ask him.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A. Dmitriev Addendum

Author Lawrence Joseph met Astrophysicist Dmitriev in Siberia in 2010, at a conference where Dmitriev was held in high esteem by his peer colleagues. The conference gathered about a hundred scientists from around the world,none from the United States and Dmitriev was clearly the celebrity of that event having won the Soviet Medal for Earth Science in his early career and Joseph noticed that he was being literally harassed by colleagues throughout the event.

While Joseph sat down beside Dmitriev at the conference, he couldn’t help but mentioning the LIC and questioned him about it, asking how long would it take to exit that cloud, to which the scientist replied:

"I don't know. But If I had to guess, I would say somewhere between two thousand to three thousand years."

Being a little surprised by the answer, he went a little further and asked about the implications of the LIC on the planet Earth and once again, the scientist replied...

"Global catastrophe! Not in tens of years from now, but in ones of years"

You can find the interview here, George Noory interviewing Lawrence Joseph on Coast to Coast Am, video #3, starts at 5:28:

www.youtube.com...

No doubt, the guy exists but he’s made a LOT of claims. Claims that I am presently looking into and for which I should have posts up in the next few days.

Sidenote: MamaJ, your posts are outstanding !!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Russian Claims

The next few posts are regarding claims that have supposedly been done by Russian scientist(s?) and that I have looked into. The main claims can be found here:

Russian scientist says planet’s atmospheres are changing

And here:

Planetophysical state of the earth and life

Some websites are having a field day with those and just enjoy pushing the doom and gloom. That, of course is my opinion after looking for evidence but let’s have a peek, starting with:

For example the Martian atmosphere is getting sizably thicker than it was before. The Mars observer probe in 1997 lost one of its mirrors, which caused it to crash, because the atmosphere was about twice as dense as they calculated, and basically the wind on that little mirror was so high that it blew it right off the device.

Nowhere have I found an observer probe that crashed in 1997. One observer did crash, the Mars Climate Orbiter in 1999, from a failure in the design of the descent engine.

Here’s a PDF relating the event, (oddly) by our very own Jim Oberg:

Mars Spacecraft Failures – How and Why

Next, please:

Earth's moon is growing an atmosphere Also, the moon is growing an atmosphere that's made up of a compound Dmitriev refers to as ''Natrium.'' Dmitriev says that, around the moon, there is this 6,000-kilometer-deep layer of Natrium that wasn't there before.

Natrium, basically is an old name for...sodium:

natrium [ˈneɪtrɪəm]

(Chemistry) an obsolete name for sodium

There is a thin sodium atmosphere on the moon, as much as there is one on the planet Mercury:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/or5114eb46.jpg[/atsimg]

No where have I found other sources that mention a 6000 (stated as 9000 in another article) kilometer deep layer of Natrium (Sodium) that wasn’t there before.

Next, please:

And we're having this kind of change in Earth's atmosphere in the upper levels, where HO gas is forming that wasn't there before; it simply did not exist in the quantity that it does now. It's not related to global warming and it's not related to CFCs or fluorocarbon emissions or any of that stuff. It's just showing up.

Links please? Cause I haven’t found one. HO is a variable in the troposphere but nowhere have I found that the quantity exists to a level where it didn’t before.

The Atmosphere and atmospheric chemistry

Next, please:

The planets are experiencing sizable changes in their overall brightness. Venus, for example, is showing us marked increases in its overall brightness.

Again, I couldn’t find one source stating that Venus has become brighter (except for conspiracy sites) and I would like to point out that the “Venus is brighter than usual” statement mostly made titles last summer as it was in its last transit of the century and closer to Earth.

Venus is always brighter than any star. It is at its brightest when the Venus distance from Earth is the smallest.

Venus Distance From Earth

More? Okay:

Jupiter has gotten to have such a high energetic charge that there is actually a visible tube of ionizing radiation that's formed between its moon, Io.

This is nothing new and it’s always been there:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut5114eb34.jpg[/atsimg]

The first black and white Hubble Space Telescope image (top) shows the flux tube, where Io and Jupiter are linked by an electrical current of charged particles. Volcanic emissions from Io flow along Jupiter's magnetic field lines, through Io, to Jupiter's north and south magnetic poles. In the second black and white image, auroral emissions are visible at Jupiter's north and south poles.

Io’s Atmosphere and the Io Plasma Torus

Hmmm...more on next post...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
~Continued

Jupiter's magnetic field has more than doubled. Uranus's magnetic field is changing. Neptune's magnetic field is increasing. These planets are becoming brighter. Their magnetic field strength is getting higher.

The most accurate measurements of Jupiter’s magnetic field were done by Ulysses in 1992 and although it stated that the fields were different than from the Voyager fly by as described below...:

A possible interpretation is that the solar wind ram pressure was low, allowing the magnetosphere to temporarily "inflate", causing the bow shock to "stand off" further out from the planet.

...there is no evidence whatsoever that Jupiter’s magnetic field has more than doubled, well unless someone believes in the stories taken from the Russians rumors and ran by such individuals like David Wilcox and associates.

Jupiter Science Results - Plasma and Magnetic Field

Regarding Uranus and Neptune’s magnetic fields, I am at a complete loss as to where the Russian scientists gathered the data to state that their fields are changing when our own astronomers and specialists can’t even explain the inclinations and offsets of those fields...

Nevertheless, conventional theory cannot explain the inclination and offset of the magnetic fields of these two worlds without a complete revision of the conventional understanding of how planetary magnetic fields work. (Indeed, NASA admitted that it could not discern the source of Uranus' magnetic field, though it could not deny its existence.)

Uranus and Neptune's magnetic fields severely inclined and offset

Meh. More:

Uranus and Neptune appear to have had recent pole shifts.

Here’s another gem taken by Mr Wilcox and the likes to freak out the crowds. Nowhere, NASA, JPL, astronomy sites and research sites show – at any point – that Voyager 2 noticed recent pole shifts. Once again, this rumor is fully fledged across the board through conspiracy sites only.

Should I? Really? Okay...more :

Natural disasters increased 410 percent between 1963 and 1993 Dr. Dmitriev did a very elaborate calculation of natural disasters. He showed that if you compare the years 1963 through 1993, the overall amount of natural disasters of all different kinds - whether you are talking hurricanes, typhoons, mud slides, tidal waves, you name it - have increased by 410 percent.

Okay...guess who’s picking up on that statement?
Give you a hint, his initials are D.W.

Again, only one source stating this evidence: Dmitriev.

Sidenote: MamaJ, if he ever answers to your email, could you please ask for links and sources that we can review to corroborate his evidence and statements please?

How about a serious study for a change? At first, it appeared as such, on next post...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
~Continued

The Sun's magnetic field increased by 230 percent since 1901 There's a study by Dr. Mike Lockwood from Rutherford Appleton National Laboratories in California, who has been investigating the Sun. He has discovered that since 1901, the overall magnetic field of the Sun has become 230 percent stronger than it was before.

GO David GO !! Oh yeah...pushy pushy aren’t we?...

Anyone reading this post, do yourself a favor and look for a Dr Mike Lockwood of Rutherford Appleton National Laboratories in California...

Better yet, trace a Dr Mike Lockwood from California –one that is not a general MD that is - as the Rutherford Appleton National Labs are in the U.K...

However, there is a Dr Mike Lockwood from the UK that made the BBC papers in 2010:

"By recent standards, we have just had what could be called a very cold winter and I wanted to see if this was just another coincidence or statistically robust," said lead author Mike Lockwood, professor of space environment physics at the University of Reading, UK.

Author. University of Reading. UK.

Oh but it gets better:

His study was basically a rehash of what many others have done previously over the past few centuries, but he has the BBC’s ear – because in 2007 he prominently claimed just the opposite.

No Sun link’ to climate change

Tuesday, 10 July 2007

“This should settle the debate,” said Mike Lockwood

Way to go Doc...

Low solar activity link to cold UK winters

Lockwood demonstrates link between low sun and low temps

But perhaps, the Russians have spacecrafts at the end of the solar system to make claims as follows:

The glowing plasma at the leading edge of our Solar System has recently increased 1000 percent

I don’t think that I need to go any further, this is all bunk.

Unless the astrophysicist backs his outrageous claims with solid links and solid sources, unless we can see where he got his calculations and observations throughout his multiple references, in my opinion, he is discredited.

~Son.

edit on 8-2-2013 by SonoftheSun because: cut double words out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join