It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation 4?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I got into play station after the PS2 and I've been upgrading and playing PS systems ever sense. but has Sony started development on a PS4 yet? The PS3 slim was great but it has a few issues that should have been overcome with more endurance testing. like that clicking sound the disk drive makes on certain games like COD black ops and occasional hard drive crashes with some PS3 slims. Also the wifi performance has some problems to. When I'm on Netflix it loads allot more than if I were using my computer and I have a strong wifi signal. I know its not my router or service provider because my roommates Xbox360 slim has no wifi issues when on Netflix or live games. I hate it when a company keeps making different versions of the same product instead of having the stones to make something new. I mean come on! The PS3 super slim? Microsoft kinda did the same thing with the old Xbox 360. Instead of making an Xbox 720 like allot of people were talking about and hoping for, they went ahead and came out with a 360 slim. Sony also needs to make a play station model that's backwards compatible with all their games.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

xbox360, still, man......
cant wait until the holodesk or what was it,,, stuck playing my crappy skyrim without 3d..

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well PlayStations future is uncertain as they say,but i heard they are making drastic changes to the ps4. we should get a first glimpse of it febuary 20th, the specs are viewable now. i was a ps guy all my life until the the ps3 failed on so many levels. they need to make online interaction a lot better. it just blows my mind, why cant u voice chat with a friend if they are playing a different game. no party chats unless we all are in the same game? its just absurd.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There's going to be a press conference or something like that on February 20th for the Playstation 4.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have heard ps4 and Xbox 720 both supposed to be out at the end of the year maybe next year. I switched from Xbox to ps and kinda regret it, Xbox live is a lot better, as mentioned above party chat during different game play was a nice bonus. Plus with all the hacker crap with ps is kind of a turn off. I enjoy the free online service but strongly considering going back to Xbox. Oh and having to wait a month after Xbox to get dlc for cod is frustrating.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I hate non upgradable counsels so much. They only hold back the gaming industry. Imagine what we could have now if we wear not limited to 2007 technology. I hope the new counsels will be upgradable.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

xbox360, still, man......
cant wait until the holodesk or what was it,,, stuck playing my crappy skyrim without 3d..

I live on a cultasac that looks like Ivarstead at the foot of a butte that looks like High Hwrothgar when it snows. Sometimes, I'll go hiking up there and pretend it's the 7,000 steps.

Point is: it's in 3D and the draw distance is even better. The cougars up there are the type who buy you a drink so I don't even need to bring an axe.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not really a PS kinda guy, if I was really helping you i'd say, switch back to the Xbox, the only thing I think is a turn off is that fact I think I heard Microsoft are making it so that the new Xbox will not play second hand games....

edit on 7-2-2013 by spilly911 because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Personally I switches to playstation because it feels like i was throwing money away when i had Xbox. Xbox live is way over priced (points live cards etc. and everything costs points)as well as the accessories for the 360. PS3 on the other hand is a better budget system only costs $250 to $270 (for basic model) compared to $300 to $400 you would half to pay for a new Xbox. Also i like the fact that i don't half to keep buying batteries or half to buy a battery pack to have a wireless controller and PS3 comes with a controller charger. I'm not saying Xbox is bad just overpriced. I still have my Xbox 360 from 2007 and it hasn't broken down yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
There's going to be a press conference or something like that on February 20th for the Playstation 4.

Yeah Apparently they (Sony) is said to reveal the PS4 on Feb 20th of this year. I'm hoping they don't mess up and force us to be gaming online only.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The PS3 alone could do allot but the only things I would change is the hardware reliability, an SD card slot, and the ability to play music during game play through a USB flash drive or iPod/iPhone. I also hope they improve the wifi. That's another problem I experience with my system even when I have a good connection. It tends to buffer allot when I'm on PS3 Netflix using the wifi or when I'm watching a movie on playstation store in streaming mode.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sony is flippin retarded.. they have not even used full potential of PS3.

There was only like handful of games that uses the full benefit of the PS3.

Developers wanted to make multiplatform games, but if they base it on PS3, other system can't play and its expensive to high graphic games.

85% of the games out there does not even use the full potential, what a waste.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spilly911

They are both talking about not being able to play 2nd hand games and SONY said it first.
I think it was someone from Gamestop who said if they do remove 2nd hand game playability, 60% of current console gamers will not buy the next console.
Who wants to be the person who makes that stupid decision and has to explain why 60% of expected sales didn't happen. That is a screw-up of multi-billion dollar proportions.
I don't think they can do it. SONY has lost enough money recently to make them averse to this sort of stupid risk.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You can play music from the hard-drive or usb stick during games on an XBOX360. Can you not do that on the PS3?
I keep hearing funny little things like this that the PS3 can't do that the XBOX360 can.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

TextYou can play music from the hard-drive or usb stick during games on an XBOX360. Can you not do that on the PS3? I keep hearing funny little things like this that the PS3 can't do that the XBOX360 can.
reply to post by Lucas73

The PS3 cannot play music durrring game play I tried. Which sucks because it kinda soils their slogan:it can do just about everything.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If the rumors about the next gen Xbox prove to be true ( always live DRM model ) - then I think I will end up jumping ship from the Microsoft Franchise. I've been an Xbox owner since the first week they came out, and got a 360 ( Yes, one of those early models with the RROD power supply problem that Microsoft took a year to acknowledge and deal with. ). All in all Microsoft has gotten my money for 3 original Xbox's and 3 360's.

In all of that time ( If my memory is working right, about a decade at this point, since my first Xbox system - maybe even a year or two longer than that ) I have purchased exactly ONE used game. For me the used games never seemed like a value. I checked, several times, when new games were released - to see if used was an option and found that the savings were only a few dollars. I grew up poor and always had second use items, so maybe I have a slight chip on my shoulder about it... but I am also frugal to a degree. If the used games had been cheaper than just a few bucks off of original purchase price, I'd have probably gone that route. As it happens, I just payed the extra couple of dollars for the thrill of that new game smell and the fun of breaking the plastic ( and knowing that I was getting an unscratched disc and all of the literature included ).

I've been keeping up pretty well with both the Durango ( code name for the new Xbox ) and the PS4 and I am pretty convinced the Sony will not go with a live DRM model - IE the games will not require a live Internet connection to play. Whereas Microsoft has pretty much been nailed on their intentions ( though they might buckle if the negative backlash is strong enough early on ). I will opt for whichever system doesn't go with a live DRM model.

If both use live DRM? Then I'll be that guy running into Game Stop asking if they still carry refurbed 360's every time my system dies.
edit on 2/16/13 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We Sony folks welcome you with open arms (rendered through augmented reality with our superior Move controllers).

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Found a few concept images and one prototype image (unconfirmed) old PSX image...what are the chances?

(PS4 left - xBox 720 right)

(PS 4 concept art)

(PS4)

(PS4)

(PS4)

(I think this is an actual prototype photo)(Old PSX image, thanks to the poster below)

There were more but you get the gist...if you're so inclined...

Source: Google Image Search - Pl aystation 4
edit on 2/17/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Fun! I love concept photos.

That last pic is actually ancient. It's a "PSX". I know, I know... most people say "PSX" to refer to the entire Playstation series but it was an actual system before PS3 came out.

Check it out:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ahhh I see now...wasn't familiar with this console. It was too pricey and never released (at least in the U.S.). Looks like it may have came before its time, it packed quite a few toys.

PSX (also known as PlayStation X) was a Sony digital video recorder with fully integrated PlayStation and PlayStation 2 video game consoles. Since it was designed to be a general-function audiovisual device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation and was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. It was the first Sony product to utilize the XrossMediaBar (XMB). The fact that it was extremely expensive resulted in a lack of consumer interest. As a result, the PSX was never released outside Japan.

The PSX is a fully functional digital video recorder with RF, S-Video and composite inputs. It is able to tune analog VHF and CATV. It comes with a remote control and can be also linked with a PlayStation Portable to transfer videos and music via USB ports. It also features software for video, photo and audio editing.

Wiki Page

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join