It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closest Earth-like planet a stroll away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Does it sound completely mad if I say that when we do eventually stumble across intelligent life (probably not in our lifetimes) it will turn out that they originated in our solar system? I think we have already met our cousins in the past but they have now moved much further afield. Mars, Venus... they were to Earth what New Zealand and Fiji are to Europe. We got left behind because we got caught up in our own civil war.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I will pack my bags right now for a one way trip even if I knew I was never coming back.

Please let me get off this rock of hate before I die.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I really hope & pray we don't find any planets that are rich in life and ecology, since humans are like a disease to earth, it would be a matter of time til corporations send all their cronies to start chopping down tree's pulling out oil, precious metals and destroying another planet for resources.

gag.....puke...... God save us all, from ourselves

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalParadox

It's most likely inhabited already. Should send probes first.

We'll be long dead before hearing from the probes....

Still though, I have to think that we're just one major advancement away from making interstellar exploration a reality (ok, maybe two major advances....the drive, and the power source for it)....

edit on 12-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join