It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductory Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was going to write a simple howdy-doody y'all, but I got caught up in a rant with fellows and figured, hell, why not?

Here goes..

If you don't understand that ESP is a real phenomenon, you are in the dark. Telepathy, temporal awareness (Seeing or sensing the future), influencing other's behaviors with thought or feeling, are just the tip of the ice berg, concerning the interconnectedness that our minds have with each other and the reality around us.

Don't believe me? Talk to some of those that know all to well how weird things can get when you're around someone who is fully in tune with these concepts. Phones acting weird, giving strange messages, extremely accurate foresight through spontaneous thought and dreams, hidden esoteric symbolism found deep within our own works of art that we didn't 'consciously' intend...the list goes on and on.

And yet many people often label these experiences and those who have them as mental. In fact, some of the above experiences are exactly referenced by psychiatrists and their DSM, suggesting that the person is undergoing a form of mental DISORDER. Many of these things are far from disorder, and in fact, in doing so, we have created a damnable digressive cultural response, now ingrained into our 'highly esteemed' medical field.

I implore the people to see the active oppression of things once beheld as messages from God, now often used as ammunition against a persons very character, mentality, and reputation - far from ammunition, it is a coward's fearful response, meant to control, to keep complacent, focused on the job, soothe-sayed by the cultural spin doctors.

Who was that one guy, director of Project Bluebook, years later, saying that they were told to tell the masses that the unidentified (And still unidentified) objects were simple and mundane things, to literally "keep them quiet, keep them calm," don't startle, don't rouse the herd.

Well? It's not about startling, it's about keeping us relatively powerless and controlled by a now obviously corrupt system that uses deception and unethical practice to maintain itself over the people, often supported and asserted by people in select positions, whether they are aware of it or not. The less aware you are, the less capable you are (Aside from working that job and bringing in those lovely monies), the better! Or so it would certainly seem...

Where is the middle ground, where is the balance? Explaining the aforementioned experiences away to an unknown "God" figure seems like a hard pill to swallow, but equally so, deeming these experiences as mental aberrations? Foolish! In either case, it takes the focus and power away from one person, YOU.

I am sick of the derision, I am sick of the incompetence, and I am absolutely sick and tired of the willful ignorance keeping us obstructed from very important progress for humanity!

/rant off
edit on 6-2-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

errr...uhmmmmm....ahhhh...Welcome to ATS....

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow! You rant like an old pro!

Welcome. We need more well-spoken people who write in complete words and sentences....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Right on, man!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Wow! You rant like an old pro!

Welcome. We need more well-spoken people who write in complete words and sentences....

It's probably a refreshing thing to see after all of the modern day "U 2 , hope 4 life that we be dubbl bff's"

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
YAY...this thread has been moved to the Rant Forum.....now I can say. Most excellent rant....

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well ranted OP, and welcome.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Welcome 1prov, but I guess you knew I was going to write that, right?

I decided to create an opposing view to your thread. Thanks for the inspiration.

Metaphysics: How did it all start?
edit on 2/6/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
YAY...this thread has been moved to the Rant Forum.....now I can say. Most excellent rant....

Des

That's an honor! Thanks for bringing that to attention

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Reality, IMO, is highly subjective. This seems to be the big catch where many concepts are involved. Some people simply perceive the world in a way that some other do, and still others do not. Since our perception is our own personal tool for gauging things - we tend to automatically reject anything that doesn't fit out own molds, perceptions, and structures.

Over the course of a long enough life we even evolve, or devolve ( one or the other ) and our perceptions change. I can recall being 18 and knowing that I had it all figured out and that there was nothing left to know. Now, at 46, not only do I realize that I was an idiot at 18 - I'm fairly well convinced that I am probably just as much of one today. For all that I manage to learn, no matter how dutifully I study... each new fact seems to create infinitely more questions than any of them ever answer. That doesn't even address the possibility that I had it right as a kid and have now spend decades over thinking things or being poisoned by indoctrinated thought and belief.

I truly do try to adhere to the concept that wise men do not speak in definitives, but it really is difficult to avoid them - especially when we exist in a "pics or it didn't happen" society - where instant and total verification is not only something we believe possible... we actually demand it with rare exception. Additionally, we're seemingly taught an rewarded for Narcissistic viewpoints and ways of thinking. An example: Get a bit upset about something and see how many people dismiss your feelings outright with some statement about how they would never let themselves be bothered by anything of the sort. An attempt to guilty you into complying to their expectation set of how you should act.

Oh dear God... Your rant spontaneously set me off on one of my own.

The things you list above may or may not be real. I cannot say. I personally have had experiences that seem to validate their reality. But, again, those experiences, and my perception of them, were subjective and may well be emotionally interpreted rather than intellectually.

Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My intro thread had 12 words.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Welcome, your rant indeed indicates a sense of individuality within the vastly underestimated confines of your mind, or should I rather say our minds.

Let me add by simply stating something I seem to have real trouble contemplating from the very day I became "aware". Even if we knew the ultimate truth, would we stop asking questions.

All for one and everything for all.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Someone here made an observation that was interesting to note, concerning "molds and structures" set by our minds and really our societies. Anthropologically speaking, your rant is a very good depiction of the human condition. We don't hold on to these "molds and structures" because we have a choice. This is how the brain is naturally wired, and a piece of humanity that we must accept because of one word "survival".

Eons of RNA, making your DNA act this way. Don't take the barriers to open minds personally, the mind is what it is.

I say focus on shaping your reality (life) so that when you do speak and share ideas, your words and thoughts are examined as righteous, heartfelt, and based on some successes. Hopefully not material success but life being in your control... type of success.

peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and Thank You for the most well written thread!

There is so much more we don't know about than what we do. When a person thinks they know it all is when they stop growing. My only wish is that all people would realize that it's in humanities interest to never stop growing. Your rant has some definite food for thought, thanks again!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hello and welcome to ATS
Your rant is an echo of my journal from the summer of 1969, just back from 'Nam (I had to dig it out of the bottom of my closet to be sure). I believe I am here today because of things I "saw" that showed me where to be, or not be. Trying to talk with others about it became a conversation with a brick wall about to fall on me.
I didn't allow other peoples thoughts stop me from continuing to explore and I have found a few people are open to these concepts because of their own experiences.
More people are becoming aware and it has to happen when they are ready for it.
Be true to yourself and the rest will fall into place

top topics

join