It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you are not filthy rich, why vote for Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
for the past 4 years, he has only furthered interests of the filthy rich. are you one of the filthy rich? if not, why vote for him? why not look out for your best interest?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Because you're (Bush voter) scared...

Since we haven't had another 911 style attack since then, you (Bush voter) feel Bush is doing his job. Well, perhaps.... However, right now most of the other citizens of the world hate our government, but not necessarily the citizens themselves. IF we re-elect Bush, this will then shift to a hatred of US as well, for showing that we continue to support his attitudes and policies, and this will most CERTAINLY lead to increased efforts to pull off a big one...as well as less international cooperation in the fight against them.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Single Father, 32, white, hetero, make 37,000 a year, Pro-choice...voted for Bush today. Not only hte filthy rich will vote for him.

PS. Kerry had money before Hienz so what makes you think he does not have a fat cat agenda. He is scarier than Bush. At least Bush tells you what he feels.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
so you think weatlh distribution *cough* communism *cough* and asking the france and russia if its ok to retaliate against another attack are ok? bad idea.

now if mccain ran on either side id vote for him. thats what we need. a legitimate candiate.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MashiMaro
for the past 4 years, he has only furthered interests of the filthy rich. are you one of the filthy rich? if not, why vote for him? why not look out for your best interest?

Im not rich by any stretch. My wife and I are in the 150K bracket combined. Before you go off, we live in the SF Bay Area where a 1300 Sq foot 3 bed two bath house in Palo Alto, fetched around 1-1.2 million. Are we rich? not a chance, will Kerry penalise me you bet. The Ultra rich are the only benificiary of a Bush is simply bogus campaign rhetoric.

[edit on 10/29/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Opps triple post

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
See above

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Have been a large component of the hardest hit, due to Bush Economic policies.
Single issue voting has caused you to vote against yourselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't think it's single issue voting, although that is certainly in line with the crumbling thought of the American people.

Their comfort and convinience is their binding and will be their undoing.

It used to be that people would rise up and defy the authority when it is wrong.

Only thing I see now is people playing the Big Twos hands for them. It's a real grassroots propoganda machine.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Purchased a mud pit apss because I thought this thread got good.

I wish that the entire system could be scrapped, and give all the rights back to individual states as our forefathers wanted. Our government has gotten too large to care about the little guy, maening us. we are a nation of Wal-Marts and SUV's. people work 2-3 jobs to buy thier sons latest X box game and nice clothes so he does not get embarrased at school. We are a designer nation living on shoestring budget. Right now voting for Kerry OR Bush will not give you a better job, better health care or stop rising gas prices.

I wouldn't take the job if you gave it to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
29, male, married, 45k/ year. Over the last seven years, my tax refund has been the following:

1996- 1200$
1997- 1223$
1998- 1229$
2000- 1175$
2001- 2276$
2002- 2337$
2003- 3273$

Notice the trend? My refund went up dramatically after the first tax cut, then again after the second round. But wait? I thought he only helped the rich?

Funny. We have an economy growing at the fastest rate in over twenty years. Job growth numbers continue to rise, on a trend basis, we've nearly closed the gap on outsourcing versus insourcing, and the unemployment rate is now lower than when Clinton ran for reelection in 1996 (remember how good the economy supposedly was then?). With numbers like these back in 1996, everyone supporting then president Clinton couldn't wait to run to the polls to reelect him. But apparently, an even better economy is the worst since Herbert Hoover? Oh, and according to the Beuraeu of Labor and Statistics, there are five million more people working now in America than during the summer of 2000. Bad economy? I don't think so. I read, I research, I don't let John Kerry and his Clintonistas ram rhetoric down my throat.

I'm in much better shape economically now than I was four years ago, and definitely better than under Clinton's reign of divisiveness.

Oh, and I live on one income with my wife and son, and because I haven't decided to charge ahead and practiced the art of investing, and going into deep debt in order to reap future rewards, I live quite comfortably.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not Rich here either.

I pay no state income tax (tourists do that for me)

My federal tax had decreased over the past few years, like others here.

It's not the ONLY reason I choose Bush over Kerry, But it certainly is one of them...

"Tax cuts for the RICH"

A war cry, that is also a lie...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Nice post on the tax refunds everlastingknowitall, i can honestly say that also. I have gotten more back each year since 1997. Clinton rode the INternet boomed and it crashed leaving the current administration ot clean it up. Tons of tech jobs were eliminated nad even more with the events of 9/11. Companies were worried and froze hiring and spending.

However, the company I work for turned a 23 million dollar profit (up 22% from 2003) and we are again hiring at a fast pace. The economy is coming back online, and 4 more years will put us in a postion for more forward progress. If not, Kerry comes in and dismantles in the first 2 years, tries to rebuild in the 3rd and then tries to run again in the 4th and pushes change aside but gives more promises..just my views....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yep, that's me. I was riding the tech boom bubble too, but thankfully, I saw the signs of a burst and the first inklings of corporate scandal and got out, and sunk my money in other areas. Thank God I didn't believe the Clinton era 'unending prosperity' garbage and took the warning signs of recession seriously.

Thanks again for the higher refund, W! Look forward to 4 more higher refunds! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm not 'filthy' rich. My husbands salary is under the 200K mark but because of a family trust that I have we would be affected by Kerry's tax increase. I am voting for Bush because I don't trust Kerry. His 20 year Senate voting record does not match his 'plans' and the promises that he is making now. I like the fact that with Bush I know where he stands on issues. Agree or disagree with his position, at least you know what his position is.

Jemison

top topics

join