It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Coffins?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They are not coffins, they are burial vaults. Some places (I live in Indiana and we are one of them) require them for any burial. They are supposed to be more water and air tight, saving us from the possibility of spread of disease.....and other things that the death industry wants us to believe about the cost of dying. They would be a benefit in places where coffins just might get washed away or uncovered. But......the whole FEMA stories are usually not about the outright purchase, but the investigation into the expense and logistics of getting a large number of vaults should they ever be needed. Same thing goes with everything FEMA does.....they know that the next big catastrophe a large amount of certain items will be needed in a very short amount of time so they want to be prepared to call for these items when they are needed.
The stories and pictures of piles of these things are usually exaggerated. Some were the stock awaiting delivery at a company that makes them, some were vaults awaiting need for those who have pre-planned their funeral.
And more than one picture was things that aren't the vaults anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let me start with a disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of F.E.M.A. for a variety of reasons.

That said, conspiracy theorists put the organization in a 'no win' position. The entire purpose of F.E.M.A. is to be prepared to respond to any disaster / emergency situation. If they don't stockpile supplies (including burial vaults), we lambast them for being unprepared when a disaster strikes. If they do stockpile supplies, we start accusing them of planning the Apocalypse.

Regardless of whether you believe the 'official story' or not, you can't have it both ways (though it is fun to try, isn't it?)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

I hate to throw a stone before the wheel of your FEMA bandwagon but...
When a disaster does happen FEMA never seems to address the needs of the victims and actively deters any good-hearted souls from helping. What's up with that?

They are ready with burial supplies but not with less useful things such as, food, water, blankets and clothing etc....
edit on 6-2-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay it would have been easier to use the search function but since you didn't I guess you should know that this has been debunked many many times here on ATS.

As another member has already shown these are not coffins and FEMA doesn't own them...

But here is something straight from the company themselves....

Vantage reprepresentatives Mike Lacy, VP of operations, and Lisa Barlow, Director of Sales and Marketing, explained the burial vaults are sold ahead of time and stored, rather than putting the customer's money into a trust fund, to save money and ensure against inflation.

"It’s the old adage that things never get cheaper," said Lacy. "There are situations where people have purchased pre-needs and died 20 years later and they come up and say we’re sorry but the money you paid before won’t cover the funeral expenses." By purchasing and storing the item, customers can make sure they have what they need and pay a cheaper price than if the item were purchased later.

www.rockdalenews.com...

And here is some more...

While the origins of the theories are unclear, there are blog postings that date back to December 2007 (AboveTopSecret.com), although the majority of postings have come within the latter half of July.

And, according to Vantage Products Corporation Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, that’s exactly when the calls started pouring in.

“It’s been going on for quite a while, about a week,” Lacey said.

Lacey maintains that the theories regarding the property, and what’s on it, aren’t quite accurate.

The “coffins” aren’t coffins at all, according to Lacey. Instead, they are burial vaults, “the outer container for caskets,” Lacey said, placed in the ground before the coffin to protect the coffin and maintain level ground above.

There are currently 50,000 of these burial vaults on the property, according to Lacey. As the vaults were placed on the site around 1997 or 1998, there may have been as many as 70,000 or 80,000 to begin with.

“It’s nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet,” Lacey said.

This quantity of burial vaults, Vantage’s Standard Air Seal model in black, also the least expensive model and the most in-demand, was made to cater to what Lacey calls the funeral industry’s “pre-need.” This “pre-need” occurs when people make arrangements for their funeral before they actually pass away, so that the family doesn’t have to go through the perceived stress of making the arrangements. When these arrangements are made, the products are paid for; obviously, though, they are not yet needed.

So, Vantage stores the product until the person dies, and the product is needed.

Further, pallets of the burial vaults are moved truckloads at a time, as there is space for a palate at the

Contrary to the beliefs of the theorists, then, the burial vaults aren’t owned by the government, or FEMA. Instead, they’re owned by individuals, or not yet sold.

“They’re not owned by any one individual, company or the government,” Lacey said.

Further, Vantage leases the land, located at 1200 Madison Industrial Boulevard, from Conyers Welding & Supply and has for four to five years, a fact confirmed by Conyers Welding & Supply. Conyers Welding & Supply took over the lease when the property was purchased from Robert Usury in 2000. Usury purchased the property in 1989, according to information provided by the Morgan County Tax Assessor’s Office and the Morgan County Online Public Property Portal.

www.morgancountycitizen.com.../7524

Two stories from two different papers on the same subject...

A little research can go along way....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I agree,

No such accomidations would be made for the average (millions) of us or even the special few. Death SMELLS, it smells and lingers, it smells even through such encasing even if sealed (thus why a 6ft under burial is necessary to reduce the oxygen necessary so that rot can occur slower and the carbons (again STINK) to escape at a natural pace).

Do y'all think they'd want us around stinking when they could just toss us all into the grand canyon to dry up or burn everyone at some old coal mine facility (etc)?

Do you honestly think 'they' have such plans to 'carefully' take care of your deadazz when ya gone? lol, dreamers.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
why does the OP say "some group named FEMA have put the order in today"?

I mean why did he say it like hes never heard of fema? Is it even possible for a member on this site to have never heard of fema??? I guess it could be possible but now im left wondering about the authenticity on this thread, has the OP story been confirmed? Is this bernard??

So many questions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

I hate to throw a stone before the wheel of your FEMA bandwagon but...
When a disaster does happen FEMA never seems to address the needs of the victims and actively deters any good-hearted souls from helping. What's up with that?

They are ready with burial supplies but not with less useful things such as, food, water, blankets and clothing etc....

F.E.M.A. bandwagon? Reading comprehension is your friend. Let me copy/paste the first line of my post, since you obviously missed it.

Let me start with a disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of F.E.M.A. for a variety of reasons.

I was simply pointing out that no matter what F.E.M.A. does, somebody on ATS is going to accuse them of unpreparedness or of plotting Armageddon.

As for the suggestion that they stockpile food and water, it's not as easy as you might think. Where do you store enough food and water to deal with all the displaced population from a Katrina / Sandy scale event? Assuming you can find (or build) a facility to store the supplies, where do you put it? If it's too close to 'ground zero', it's going to be a victim of the same disaster that makes it necessary. If it's too far away, there's a serious transportation problem. This is one of my (many) issues with F.E.M.A., in fact.

My personal solution would be to eliminate F.E.M.A. in its entirety, and let disaster recovery be handled as locally as possible...preferably at the city and state level, since those are the levels of government most familiar with the impacted area, and with the needs of the citizenry. State National Guardsmen would probably be the best responders in most situations...then again, I could be prejudiced...my dad put in 30+ years in Regular Army, Reserve, and MOANG combat engineer units, and those fellows are worth their weight in (precious metal of choice) in just about any bad situation.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Food for thought:

If the Uber-Elite are planning to kill most of the population of the earth, would it REALLY matter how they dispose of the bodies?

I guess it would depend on HOW they go about it...the only reason they would have to use the coffins is if they use an epidemic to accomplish their task.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join