FHP announces daytime driver license, vehicle inspection checkpoints

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

FHP announces daytime driver license, vehicle inspection checkpoints

www.abcactionnews.com

TAMPA BAY - The Florida Highway Patrol Troop C (Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Pasco, Hernando, Sumter and Citrus counties) has announced the roads it plans to target with driver license and/or vehicle inspection checkpoints in February. FHP says the checkpoints will be conducted during daytime hours, and generally cause delays of five minutes or less.

Read more: www.abcactionnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/7/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is a pretty blatant attempt at increasing revenue for the Florida Highway Patrol, and an unnecessary invasion of privacy in my opinion. There is no other reason to conduct a vehicle inspection other than to be informed about what us everyday, hard working, law abiding citizens are up to.

There will be a non moving violation issued against you if your inspected parts of your vehicle are not considered road safe. In addition, there will be a search for contraband, and K-9 units dispatched if there is reasonable suspicion of holding or usage.

Just be aware of what is going on around you.

www.abcactionnews.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-2-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: Attempting to fix link to full article
edit on 2/7/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What are they looking for, really? Anyone escape? Big drug problem? Test run for Martial Law?

Cops bored?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sorry for the sloppy URL to the article. The link is in the news snippit which is a bit hard to see, but it is there. The formatting appears correct when I am editing, but if you look at the post there is a space between [/ url] which is not in the edit.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

In Pennsylvania, we are required to have a vehicle inspection EVERY year. The cost for a car is $36 and it is at least double that for a pickup if I am not mistaken.

As well as getting a sticker that is a certain color for that month/year, you are also required to show proof of insurance to get the inspection sticker. Not to mention we also have to get an emmisions test which just tacks on MORE money we have to pay the state, just to have the priveledge to drive.......

With that being said, I disagree with Florida using this "stop and search" tactic, however, being that (to my understanding) Florida does not have yearly inspections, this most likely will be the legal issure that they will use to get around this facist enforcement technique.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Papers please.

CX.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
edit on 6-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

how long is this gonna be going on?
edit on 6-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

No, it's just to get us used to seeing more authority presence in our daily lives. Our police force is really a para-military force. The next thing you know it will be military conducting these checkpoints.

In the article, there is a Q&A, and a list of all the roads they intend to set the checkpoints up at so if you are traveling in the area, plan accordingly.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How is that legal?
I don't understand.
Maybe someone will sue them?

Reminds me of our random "Zero tolerance" weekends. They pick a weekend, and if you are stopped, and blow anything over 0, you get to go to jail. I still don't get how that is legal either.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dont be a victim, here is how you handle it. www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This is not a new thing . People have been driving older and older vehicles now days and have put off vital repairs . This means brakes , steering and lights have not been taken care of . As cars age they become less safe if not kept up . As far as the drug dog I have no problem with that . If there is drugs in the car and you are doing them you are a safety hazard to everyone . Then there is the blinding head lights and inappropriate lights that are popping up now days , that are a safety hazard for oncoming traffic or blinding drivers from behind .
If this is a safety check fine but if they start inappropriate searches checking for legal weapons of cars driven by people not prohibited to posess them that is something else . You can look for Homeland Security to try to confinscate what they determine to be illegal and nobody will tell them no !

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Homeland Security has militarised all police forces with their conditioning exercises. Have you noticed that all police units have changed to BLACK uniforms and M-16s .

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Haha, this is the funniest thing I've read all week! The police are actually warning everyone when and where they will be setting up checkpoints?!
What a brilliantly stupid thing to do if you want to catch dangerous vehicles on the road or drugs or whatever!
Funny as

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
Dont be a victim, here is how you handle it. www.liveleak.com...
Well, that took some grit! What's the basis in law? Unreasonable search?

I know if you tried to dodge an alcohol check (RIDE Stop) up here...you WOULD be detained.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE TO TRAVEL. i for one will be traveling to one of these checkpoints without a license and plenty of printed out court cases supporting the right to travel as the constitution guarantees.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They need to tell us where these will be more often. For kicks I go to the ones close to my town, just to waste their time, when I have the time to waste.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It freaking figures, I have to go to Tampa next week on a business trip...
Vehicle safety inspections in and of themselves are not a bad thing. When it turns into searching vehicles, running DL's for warrants, or searching cars for drugs it becomes a very bad thing.

The "System" is at war with poor people. Cant afford insurance? Get a fine. Can't afford the fine? Get jail time and maybe raped or beaten to death in said jail.

Thanking my lucky stars I am a well off white guy............

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

and here is how you handle that. www.killsometime.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Florida doesn't require residents to have their vehicles inspected every year, so this is for other reasons. They're probably looking for drugs and guns.
They may be looking for illegals, too, but only to give them a welcome packet.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
Haha, this is the funniest thing I've read all week! The police are actually warning everyone when and where they will be setting up checkpoints?!
What a brilliantly stupid thing to do if you want to catch dangerous vehicles on the road or drugs or whatever!
Funny as

I doubt many drug runners or gun runners read the news in the days before they traffic, to make sure they will have a clean run.

Florida, then into Georgia (Georgia being a main hub in the US for drug traffickers) is a main thoroughfair from the open coastline. The coastguard can only prevent so much incoming drug traffic. The rest is up to road warriors.

Also, with the weather changing, and spring break coming, expect a lot more of this. They are trying to keep the roads safe, but unfortunately, in the name of the almighty dollar, some innocent folks may get caught in the net.

Not saying it is right or wrong, it is what it is. If you are a casual user of recreational goods, keep it out of your car.

Otherwise, your car should be roadworthy to begin with.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join