It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florence student suspended over picture of gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Florence student suspended over picture of gun

FLORENCE, AZ - A high school student in Florence said he has been suspended because of a picture of a gun.

Daniel McClaine Jr., a freshman at Poston Butte High School, said he saved the picture as his desktop background on his school-issued computer.

A teacher noticed it and turned him in.

The picture shows an AK-47 on top of a flag.

McClaine said the school initially suspended him for three days Friday.

Read more: www.abc15.com...

Read more: www.abc15.com...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Soon these kids will be suspended for even saying the word gun.
edit on 6-2-2013 by infopost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infopost

In all honesty, I can see that happening

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Soon these kids will be suspended for even saying the word gun.

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if some kids does get suspended for using the word "gun".!

Honestly, I don't see how this kind of censorship is legal. Guns and the right to bear arms are legal and protected under the constitution, so how can a picture of gun be seen as offensive?

Maybe these school cops should search the kids IPods and phones for "Guns and Roses" music and suspend them too!

I think it's time the ACLU to get involved in these kinds of things.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Honestly, I don't see how this kind of censorship is legal. Guns and the right to bear arms are legal and protected under the constitution, so how can a picture of gun be seen as offensive?

Well it's not legal but the way they are able to manipulate the process is by issuing administrative penalties, i.e. school suspensions. That's not to say that police won't begin arresting kids for these things soon and it wouldn't surprise me one bit when that happens.
edit on 6-2-2013 by infopost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So, does that mean that they cannot use the flag of Mozambique?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The worst school days problem I encountered was in the back of the class room
at the lockers a mate opened his school bag with nothing in it but a pack of
Lucky Strikes cigarettes. I just shook my head and walked away. I can only
guess that his dad was missing some cigarettes that day.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This is nothing but hyper sensitivity on the part of school administrators. They all must be worried about the potential of a shooting happening at their school after the recent media onslaught. If you watch the news daily you’d think the US has turned int0 the wild-west and schools were prime targets for Jessie James and the gang or something.

A complete knee jerk overreaction! My advice to them is this: Ask the school board for a resource officer and stop watching the MSM so much….and Relax!

top topics

join