It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Al-Jazeera Air New Osama bin Laden Tape

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I fail to see why Shrub is percieved to be strong on Terror. Wasn't he the clown on watch when the two towers were hit? Nice job! High marks for being strong on terror...NOT!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Clearmind, thanks for the voice morphing links. I knew the technology was out there. What a travesty. I dont beleive anything i see or hear anymore.
Hope I dont grow up to be a bitter old lady.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
some poeple have brought up the fact that this 'vidoe' does not seem to follow what OBL has done and said in the past...
he mentioned that he/they thought about doing 'something' to america in 1982...was OBL in afganistan fighting with CIA support against russia???? bitting the hand that feeds you even before it feeds you....hmmmmm

Although the US was providing funding and support to the Mujahideen, Bin Laden has said he was unaware of American support.
He said: ""Neither I, nor my brothers, saw evidence of American help.""

Regarding Lebanon, in a 1997 interview with Bin Laden by Peter Arnett, Bin Laden did mention Lebanon and the US support for Israel during that conflict.

Focus on Saudi Arabia � an interview with Osama Bin Laden
Bin Laden: We declared jihad against the US government, because the US government is unjust, criminal and tyrannical. It has committed acts that are extremely unjust, hideous and criminal whether directly or through its support of the Israeli occupation of the Prophet's Night Travel Land [Palestine]. And we believe the US is directly responsible for those who were killed in Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq. The mention of the US reminds us before everything else of those innocent children who were dismembered, their heads and arms cut off in the recent explosion that took place in Qana [in Lebanon].

The Qana bombing he's referring to in that interview is probably the Israeli bombing of a UN Compound in April 1996.
He doesn't mention the 1982 bombing but when he refers to those killed in Lebanon, he may be including those killed in the prior conflicts.

In a 1998 interview with John Miller of ABC News, he does mention the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon in September 1982.

miller_binladen_98
Your situation with Muslims in Palestine is shameful, if there is any shame left in America. In the Sabra and Shatilla massacre, a cooperation between Zionist and Christian forces, houses were demolished over the heads of children.

Here are some more interviews:

In the interview below, he says he was not responsible for 9/11 and there is no mention of Lebanon. He rambles on about congress and drugs and Noriega and a lot of other subjects of that nature.
September 28 2001 Interview with The Daily Ummat

In an October 2001 interview with Al-Jazeera correspondent Tayseer Alouni, he somewhat admits to inciting people to carry out attacks. He mentions Lebanon and the Qana incident in that interview but not specifically the 1982 incident.
Muslims against global crusaders � an interview with Osama Bin Laden

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm confusd by the translations. The Al Jazeera translation of UBL's speech makes no mention of this last paragraph.

"Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic presidential nominee John] Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Any nation that does not attack us will not be attacked."

CNN is almost using that one statement as the focus of their whole coverage of the tape, and if it's not even remotely mentioned in the Al Jazeera version (which honestly is probably more accurate) then are we being fooled by US media AGAIN!!!

That last statement could easily have been put in there just to make Americans feel better about the fact that they're probably the least popular country in the world, and probably the most at risk from terrorism in any state.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
BTW: here are links to the very-different versions of the UBL speech text.

Loads of differences in them, and I am much more inclined to believe non-US media.

Actually, I would probably trust my ex girlfriends more than US media when it comes to almost anything...and that's not saying a whole lot.

www.radiofreebc.com...
www.radiofreebc.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
he mentioned that he/they thought about doing 'something' to america in 1982...was OBL in afganistan fighting with CIA support against russia???? bitting the hand that feeds you even before it feeds you....hmmmmm

This is not the first time that OBL has alluded to this, in an interview in 1995 or 1997 he also mentioned that "he was thinking on attacking the US/west next after they finished with Russia.

I have linked to this interview before a couple of times. One of those places that i linked this interview to was in one of the threads of Valhall on the goal of Osama.

As for the voice being a fake, who knows it is possible but it might as well have been done by some people who hate Bush and like Moore and thus they quote things from Moore's book....

BTW, many times have people/groups/organizations bitten the hand of those that helped them, if you don't know this you haven't lived enough.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
About that 20 minutes that Bin Laden mentioned, here is a transcript of a Bin Laden tape released in Novemeber 2001:

TRANSCRIPT OF USAMA BIN LADEN VIDEO TAPE (2001)
The difference between the first and the second plane hitting the towers was twenty minutes. And the difference between the first plane and the plane that hit the Pentagon was one hour.

I think that's what he was referring to in this latest tape when he said the following:

bin.laden.transcript
We agreed with the leader of the group, Mohammed Atta, to perform all attacks within 20 minutes before [President George W.] Bush and his administration were aware of what was going on. And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent need of their leader.

He was more interested in listening to the child's story about the goat rather than worry about what was happening to the towers. So, we had three times the time necessary to accomplish the events.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join