It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members afterlife experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Point of fact, how do we know we aren't "dead" already? Not to be too creepy, but aren't many ghosts supposed to not know they are dead?

Just thought that should be cleared up before postmortem plans are made... especially since communication with the "living" can be pretty tough sometimes.

Now the problem is making sure one is alive... does pinching work for that, too?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
reply to post by MUness

Did Houdini's wife pay up?
Second line.

According to Mr. Ford, she did not!

I would like to finish by paraphrasing the final words of Harry Houdini as brought forth by Fletcher and Ford at the end of that successful session.

These are the words of Harry Houdini:

“Tell the whole world that Harry Houdini still lives and will prove it a thousand times and more. In my life, I was perfectly honest and sincere in trying to disprove the survival of consciousness, and I resorted to tricks to prove my point for the simple reason that I did not believe communication was possible. I am now sincere in my desire to undo this mistake. Tell all those who lost faith because of my mistake to lay hold again of hope, and to live with the knowledge that life is continuous. That is my message to the world, through my wife and through this psychic medium.”

To this, I would also like to add a few words of my own:

Harry Houdini, the world famous escape artist, escaped death itself. And so will all of us!

~Thomas Razzeto; Written January 20, 2007; Revised Aug 28, 2007

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by interupt42

Point of fact, how do we know we aren't "dead" already? Not to be too creepy, but aren't many ghosts supposed to not know they are dead?

Just thought that should be cleared up before postmortem plans are made... especially since communication with the "living" can be pretty tough sometimes.

Now the problem is making sure one is alive... does pinching work for that, too?

Not if you are in trance.

Catholic Priest Pissed At Being Buried Alive!!

It is only natural that I should protest against the hasty interment of those who are apparently dead. I, who suffered, all the agonies of the tortured damned, while enclosed in the narrow confines of the coffin, say : Be sure,—doubly sure that the spirit has left the body, before consigning it to the grave. The horrors of being buried alive are indescribable. The weight of thousands of tons, seems to be pressing out your life; and your frantic struggles for life avail you nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
but if one GOES TO a psychic, can we not assume that the one who goes to a psychic *already believes* that psychics are "real",

I went for fun. I went out of curiosity. And like I said .. one was very good, one was good, and one was obviously 'cold reading' and fake. Just because someone claims 'psychic' .. doesn't mean I believe they are one.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by flexy123
but if one GOES TO a psychic, can we not assume that the one who goes to a psychic *already believes* that psychics are "real",

I went for fun. I went out of curiosity. And like I said .. one was very good, one was good, and one was obviously 'cold reading' and fake. Just because someone claims 'psychic' .. doesn't mean I believe they are one.

But, but what if they have one of those blinky neon signs and a see-through ball?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MUness
But, but what if they have one of those blinky neon signs and a see-through ball?

I found two of these at a psychic fair and one I found through a relative. None of them had blinky neon signs and a see through ball. One at the psychic fair was 'cold reading' and a fraud. The other at the psychic fair was AMAZING! The one I saw through a relative was good.

Usually at psychic fairs you can get a 20 minute reading for much less. Psychics do the fairs so they can gain clients so they give discounts at the fairs. 20 minutes for 20 dollars. That kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I found two of these at a psychic fair and one I found through a relative. None of them had blinky neon signs and a see through ball. One at the psychic fair was 'cold reading' and a fraud. The other at the psychic fair was AMAZING! The one I saw through a relative was good.

Usually at psychic fairs you can get a 20 minute reading for much less. Psychics do the fairs so they can gain clients so they give discounts at the fairs. 20 minutes for 20 dollars. That kind of thing.

I am certain there are fraudless psychics at the fairs, of varying ability, but MU!! prefers to have his tested and certified...

Windbridge Institute - Dr. Julie Beischel

or of lesser scientific origin...

Best Psychic Directory

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join