Religion can make you a better person?

page: 7
4
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 


However many connections you wish to find doesn't change Plutarch's birth year which was 45 AD. And Paul's 2nd missionary journey which began in 49 AD. Use Occam's razor for Pete's sake.




posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Which could have EASILY been inserted after-the-fact. Like I said earlier, if I really wanted to, I could insert my name in the place of Jesus', all it would take was paper, a pen, and patience.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So ignore the connections and hold onto the book that you agree has been messed with. Flawless logic there.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So ignore the connections and hold onto the book that you agree has been messed with. Flawless logic there.


Of course it's flawed logic, it's an absurd straw man. I refuse to use any Bible translated from the Alexandrian MSS. And I never said there weren't comparable things with the two people, there are probably a couple dozen things comparable with me and my neighbor, but we aren't the same person.

What I did say, based on the birth year of Plutarch that he could not have been Luke.
edit on 8-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Which could have EASILY been inserted after-the-fact. Like I said earlier, if I really wanted to, I could insert my name in the place of Jesus', all it would take was paper, a pen, and patience.


Apostolic and early church fathers also record Luke as being Paul's physician and travelling companion.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Are you and your neighbor both writers who use the same name and writing style who unknowingly reference each others works? Where elements of some of your stories mirror each others almost perfectly? Do you also use the same characters in your works, unknowing of the other persons identical characters? I doubt it.

Did you just call your own logic flawed? I agree!

Funny how Luke wasn't written until around the same time that Plutarch would have started his career. But let's ignore that too.
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Of course they would! Duh! Otherwise the lie would have been found out a long time ago! The church supporting the churches doctrines? Unheard of! /sarcasm

Could you maybe post some links that back up your claims?
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread924237/pg7#pid15890569]

I have a distinct impression 2 or 3 contributors to this thread will be found tomorrow morning on their couches internally combusted. Only their calves, feet and melted cross trainers will be left in the smoldering remains. It will be up to gum shoe detectives seaching each fatalities harddrive information to solve this puzzling occurance.

edit on 8-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 



Did you just call your own logic flawed? I agree!


No, I said the straw man you put forward was flawed logic.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Of course they would! Duh! Otherwise the lie would have been found out a long time ago! The church supporting the churches doctrines? Unheard of! /sarcasm

Could you maybe post some links that back up your claims?
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


There was no organized church when they lived, that came much later.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So how could early church fathers have said Luke traveled with Paul when the church didn't exist? What were they "fathers" of exactly?

Links? Sources? Anything? Or do I just take your word for it?

So you agree that what I said was flawed logic? So why do you keep incorporating it?
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So how could early church fathers have said Luke traveled with Paul when the church didn't exist? What were they "fathers" of exactly?

So you agree that what I said was flawed logic? So why do you keep incorporating it?


That's just a name ascribed to those particular writers after the apostolic fathers. Not to be confused with the later Catholic use of the word. Like when we refer to the first Americans as our forefathers.

What i said was flawed logic was in your claim that I followed a book that I admitted was corrupted. Which isn't what I said. I said the Alexandrian MSS are very corrupted and also said I refuse to use any translation based off any Alexandrian MSS for that reason. So the flawed logic would be your straw man of my position.
edit on 8-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Links? Sources? Anything?



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Links? Sources? Anything?


Is this really new to you? This is basic Christian history. You've never heard of the apostolic or early church fathers? Example, Irenaeus, Polycarp, Clement of Rome?



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I've heard of them but not them mentioning Luke traveling with Paul. Could you point to a link or something that has it in writing? Specifically from those 3 people. I'm assuming since you mentioned them you know first hand that they mentioned Luke travelling with Paul.

Or should I just take your word for it?

So now the bible hasn't been messed with, only a certain type of bible. If the Alexandrian bible was messed with then how can you say the original wasn't? They were both paper and ink, right? Or did the canonized books use magical ink and paper that made it "hermetically sealed" as I've heard someone call it before?
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


With all due respect, I've taken my search to the next level above skeptics. I've heard their objections and theories and searched out the rebuttals by conservative experts and theologians. Most of what I've ever seen from skeptics is they stop their search after what the detractors say and never search out the rebuttals.


Really?
Erm........what?!
Here, let's do a Madlib:

'Most of what I've ever seen from apologists is they stop their search after what the opponents say and never search out the rebuttals.'

My friend, I'm not the stuckbborn one here.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


With all due respect, I've taken my search to the next level above skeptics. I've heard their objections and theories and searched out the rebuttals by conservative experts and theologians. Most of what I've ever seen from skeptics is they stop their search after what the detractors say and never search out the rebuttals.


Really?
Erm........what?!
Here, let's do a Madlib:

'Most of what I've ever seen from apologists is they stop their search after what the opponents say and never search out the rebuttals.'

My friend, I'm not the stuckbborn one here.


Noturtypical I ask:

Well, what exists ABOVE in the thought chain: the 'nature creature' in its very hidden habitat of the skeptic. It would be ITS preditor. Are you a skeptic preditor and by what name do you hunt (given you have the proper licences, fees paid). The detractor would be the things the ones defocusing you, in this case, a lack of water source, an unexpected intrusion upon a Lion Pride hunting the TRUTH. Are you saying you ARE the truth; in the search of it or dispelling or nuetralizing an Agnostic/Skeptic/False notion?
edit on 8-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes
 


Okay, I'm not above being corrected, if I am incorrect in my observations in general, please share your experience. Will you tell me which conservative experts, theologians, textual critics et cetra you search out to research for the rebuttals to claims from skeptics?

Share the ones you go to please.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I've heard of them but not them mentioning Luke traveling with Paul. Could you point to a link or something that has it in writing? Specifically from those 3 people. I'm assuming since you mentioned them you know first hand that they mentioned Luke travelling with Paul.

Or should I just take your word for it?

So now the bible hasn't been messed with, only a certain type of bible. If the Alexandrian bible was messed with then how can you say the original wasn't? They were both paper and ink, right? Or did the canonized books use magical ink and paper that made it "hermetically sealed" as I've heard someone call it before?
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


Why do I need to link these people, if you've not heard of "early church fathers" or "apostolic fathers" just do a simple search for those terms. Polycarp was a direct disciple of John and Clement a disciple of Peter.

edit on 8-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So what do they have to do with Paul? Neither were disciples of Paul and neither knew Luke I bet. We're focusing on Luke and Paul here.

I'm not asking who the early church fathers were, I'm asking where you read about those 3 people mentioning Luke traveling with Paul. That is the focus here, Luke and Paul traveling together, stay focused. You said that early church fathers mentioned them traveling together, where did you read this? If you can't provide a link or anything then I will assume you were making it up.

You're very forgetful, did you forget what we were discussing earlier? Why are you dumping the information I'm trying to give you out? You should be trying to learn, not forgetting stuff because you don't want to think about it.

Also, do you believe the bible is hermetically sealed?
edit on 9-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
4
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join