It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with designing an ATS coffee table

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi people
As some of you will know I make furniture for a living.
Just posted in a different thread that I wouldn't mind designing and building an ATS table. My first thought was just the logo, then I thought hang on Cody, if it's for ATS then let's design it together. Any input would be welcome but please bare in mind I can't build one that flies to post in the UFO forum.

Have fun with it

Cody

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

If I may take the honor of being your first suggestion? I think it should be a round table like King Arthur's court and for the same reason. To all an equal seat and equality to all thoughts offered at it.

Great idea, op!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great idea but not much of a challenge. As you are the first reply let's start with round for now.
Thanks for the input

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You will notice next to my avatar, my self proclaimed title...
What does this "coffee table" do??
I could not fathom putting my coffee down, it would get lonely!

Seriously though, how about matte black, modern industrial, with a big @$$ ATS logo stenciled across the top?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

How about a couple of ICBMs for a base with a flying saucer for the top?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If the table is made in honor of ATS, then the only right thing to use is tinfoil

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was just messing with idea of a round table with ATS being spelt out by the legs.
The coffee table by the way is the thing you walk into at 3 A.M and wake up the wife with a string of profanities

edit on 6-2-2013 by cody599 because: Brain in overdrive

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Hey now... I second that idea! It could be a glass top coffee table with the smoothest and pristine sheet of foil beneath.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
If the table is made in honor of ATS, then the only right thing to use is tinfoil

I was waiting for that

Still thinking how to include it in the design

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's cool
solved one problem Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by n00bUK

Hey now... I second that idea! It could be a glass top coffee table with the smoothest and pristine sheet of foil beneath.

You'all beat me to it!!!

How's about round, with a glass top (transparency) and shiny tinfoil like edge?

So all ideas are equal in a transparent setting while keeping all that negative stuff out.

Love just the general idea of you doing this Cody. I'm sure what ever the finished piece it will look wonderful!
edit on 6-2-2013 by OneisOne because: typo

link   
reply to post by cody599

On the ATS letters? Would even look cool with seeing the crunchy texture

link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by cody599

How about a couple of ICBMs for a base with a flying saucer for the top?

Iran is tad busy at the moment and has promised delivery within 10 working days if I choose the express delivery option on Ebay.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Loving it.
I just knew you guys would come up with great ideas.
Y'all want a job in the design department ? You're better than the *snip* architects I have to deal with

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about something a bit more challenging than the norm...something like this

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

It's rare that I'm impressed by another furniture maker.
I'm impressed seriously impressed nice find.
Thanks that's going on my memory stick for the lads at work tomorrow

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Love the tinfoil idea!

I was thinking you could include a type of design where one could link different conspiracies together by following different paths.

UFO Sightings--------> Aliens ------> Men in Black -------> Shadow People ------> Ghosts -----> Subconscious ------> MK Ultra -----> Government Projects ------> UFO Sightings

Or something like that.

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Way to go
I do have to pay for this

But fun idea to work with

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Firstly - wow - that inlay table is simply an amazing functional art piece!

Secondly, what a fun idea OP - wishing you the best of luck on your new coffee table!

Personally I'm really into the rustic/vintage/recycled look... and I cannot stand a glass table top!!! I don't use coasters, and the sound when something hits one makes me cringe.

This is the sort of table I would like... Made out of recycled wood (heat treated pallets). A cut out of ATS (it's a rubbish drawing. Hahahaha! Much smaller than on the drawing) in the middle of the table, inalyed with moss green glass (will go nicely with the recycled wood. So, that's smaller logo than shown, just in the middle, so not actually where you use the table.

Tinfoil inlay on the sides, I would however stain/paint the tin foil, so it's not shiny silver, but instead a subtle brown shade.

Recycled wood for the legs, square moss green inlays (or alternatively shape them like ufo's/tinfoil hats/etc). Now that's a table I would actually use! And I wouldn't have to be a furniture maker to make it myself.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OK in my mind so far
Round table ...... ATS as the legs .................... glass top................... tinfoil edge................... somethings missing.

If you guys will excuse me England are playing football (soccer) against Brazil I kinda want to watch it.
I'll keep an eye on the thread but will probably not reply until tomorrow but please feel free to add ideas
Thanks so far guys

Cody

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join