It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO in California February 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've been to San Deigo in June, and the sun set visibly through the clouds like that. It didn't hurt the eyes, and plenty of people on vacation like me were filming it. Normally I question why someone would happen to be filming the sun, but in California it makes sense.

I've also seen my share of planes, kites, and helicopters on the shore, and I can tell you that none of them are capable of making such a sharp turn and immediate speed increase. If this is a fake, then the entire object was added to the film; there is simply no way the wind was strong or sudden enough to catch a flare or anything like that. You can even tell in the beginning of the film by the nearly smooth ocean that there isn't a strong wind.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Very true and well said Agarta

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Just be honest. Have you ever seen a ufo video that you didn't find to be a hoax or conventional object? I think we have a right to know.

Nobody has any right to know anything about other member, the topic is the video, discuss it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That's a good one. Very similar to the one I saw when I was younger. I was in the Uintah mountains near kings peak.

It shot in to view like a shooting star but stoped, and then hovered there for a few seconds then shot away at insane speed. Very much like this one did at the end.

As far as getting people to believe it is actual though. You can't until they have seen one with there own eyes.
Kind of like trying to get an atheist to believe in the spirit. (sorry had to throw that in there lol)

edit on 6-2-2013 by PassiveObserver because: Capitalized dem I's

edit on 6-2-2013 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It almost had me convinced until it moved...

I always want to believe, but I can't this time. Thanks for posting, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It looked almost convincing until it moved rapidly to the left.

I don't know why, I'm no video/image editing expert, or even amateur for that matter but CGI and photo manipulation always stands out to me... The hunch feeling I get always seems to be right.

I can't pintpoint it exactly, the movement just doesnt fit with the rest of the picture. It just stands out somehow...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

It reminds me so much of this...
Yet another "AMAZING" and "INCREDIBLE" example of faked "UFO" video...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I wonder how hard it would be to trace the flight number of that commercial aircraft that travels right across the Sun's disc, behind the fast moving light?

They would have had a perfect view of the UFO, and some of the passengers might have even taken video.

edit on 7-2-2013 by MysterX because: removed info

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
To the OP and others who think this is credible..I did this in 5 mins in after effects just now. 5 mins, and this was putting NO effort into it.

videobam.com...

Please use your brains next time. Footage like this is not "amazing ufo evidence"

Just. Stop. Being. Stupid

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

It's nice that you ca put a dot on the screen and move it. Maybe had you spent 10min. you could have actually done the whole video and at 15 min you could have put in the pulsating too. Just so you know I have almost the entire Adobe line including AE. Maybe you should actually read the threads before you comment, especially one as short as this one is. It is obvious you did nothing but watch the video and I would say not even all of it, but that part is just a guess. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

No, i read all the posts and watched the whole video...i don't understand your point. People in this thread and others reading belive this bullcrap might be real. Im pointing out to them and to the OP, that in 5 mins i managed to recreate the video and that maybe they should stop believing rubbish like this.

Also, why do i need to know that you also have AE? What relevance is that?

edit on 7-2-2013 by 3danimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If you actually read the thread then you would know that number one I am the OP, number two, I stated in the OP that it was the videos title not mine, number three, I mentioned more than once that I did not see this as alien in nature and I thought it could be a flare or CGI, number four, I stated that just because something can be duplicated or could be duplicated is not proof of what is actually in the video. IF you had actually read the thread and payed attention you would already know all of this.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

1: Well, just because i read the whole thread doesn't mean that i remember every contributors name. I rarely look at who has posted what. I'm just interested in what's been posted.

2: If you really believe that this could be fake, then why bother posting it? Its so clearly cgi that its just a total waste of time. You are sitting on the fence by saying "hey look at this interesting video, it might not be real, but maybe" and when someone points out how incredibly easy it is to duplicate and therefore how likely it is that its fake, you go "Oh, but i never said it was real!! Its not my video!! blah blah blah"

Grow some balls and stand by what you post instead of sitting on the fence. if you didnt think this was alien in nature then why bother posting it? This is a stupid video that you posted and it has no merit whatsoever . So stop finding excuses as to why you posted it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Clearly CGI.

Funny how someone can spot it through a video lens/LCD screen but the hundreds of people on the beach don't even flinch. Didn't listen to any audio, but get the impression I probably didn't need to. Effect clearly added in post! But thanks for sharing never the less, always good to know which new videos are fooling people (and why).

These objects do exist and they are for real in a limited number of videos, but sadly this isn't one of them.
edit on 7-2-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

These objects do exist and they are for real in a limited number of videos, but sadly this isn't one of them.

No they dont. Please point to a single video that shows this.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Please leave your bad attitude in the real world. If you wish to have a civil conversation I am all for it but attitude is not intelligence.

Do you remember this post of mine? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have the code within the video posted that shows without a doubt that it has been altered or manipulated? Do you have the confession of the person that altered or manipulated it? If not then all you did was show a possible answer, not proof that it is fake. Simply making a poor excuse for a look alike is not proof. It is nothing more than an explanation.

Am I on the fence regarding alien life and craft? Yes, why? because I have an open mind and there is too much evidence in both the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe and a lack of PROOF on many cases to be fake.

I can accept the fact that you believe this case to be fake and that is okay, I am not attempting to tell you otherwise. We seem to be on the same page with this. But to come in and declare people to be not using their brains and attempting to put your opinion above others in a rude and distasteful way is unacceptable. This is about the investigation. The purpose for posting it was because it was a new, current video that has yet to be PROVEN to be fake. My belief of whether or not is real is irrelevant as is yours because it is just that, belief. As stated in the above posted link, anything can be reproduced with todays technology and if I were an ET and not wanting to be "outed" or I were in charge of a secret Government program I would be grateful for the technology to cover it up or unfocus the truth. I would also be grateful to people like you that simply deny and take A way to explain it as gospel truth.

As for why I posted it, that's simple, it is all about the investigation. If we do not look at each one, the very few that MAY be real would pass right by and be lost in the jumble of hoaxes. THIS IS INVESTIGATION, not simply taking the easiest answer that fits your(not necessarily referring to you personally) beliefs.

Edit to add: Lets take a second and review what we have thus far to debunk this video.
    1. lack of the video following the object but remaining stationary on the Sun.

2. Lack of the person who filmed it having a reaction.

3. Lack of reaction from anyone on the beach.

4. Easily reproduced.

Lets look at elements for it being authentic

1. No definitive proof of alteration of the video.

2. No obvious editing visuals in a frame by frame.

Conclusion at this point: Most likely fake as the cons out weigh the pros.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No, i don't have the code or the confession of the person who made the video. I don't need it. Its CLEARLY fake. Anyone should be able to see that. Keeping an open mind is fine mate, but this isn't keeping an open mind, this is being gullible. The default position should be scepticism and only when/if irrefutable proof is given should one believe an incredible claim.

Posting crap like this might seem harmless to you, but it isn't. Its what makes conspiracy theorists/ UFO believers seem like crazy people to the rest of the world. Videos like this have NO place in any serious discussion on aliens and UFO's. By posting it, you are diluting the forum with yet more stupid and obviously fake videos and doing you and other fellow believers more harm than good.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That was a good reply and I do see your point. The thing is that people remain "gullible" as you put it because no one takes the time to break it down and help them to understand the process of investigation so they are not so gullible the next time. What may be obvious to one is not so to others if they have not been shown what to look for and simply saying it is fake or a way to explain it is not teaching them to see what they need to see in an unbiased investigation.

The same is true with police simply taking the observable evidence as truth and an innocent person goes to jail. It is about looking at the evidence in many ways not just what something looks like, which is why I disagree with you in that one should not come at it in a skeptics point of view, but in an open minded unbiased point of view and let the evidence work out the answer. If one comes at it either for or against personal opinion can taint the evidential outcome. The same is true with scientific investigation which is why a control is used. Does this mean you are wrong in your approach? No not at all it just means we disagree in the process of coming to the same conclusion(at least in this case).

I see it as our responsibility to not only look at all the evidence and make an educated perception but to help others to understand how to do this as well so that "gullibility" is done away with.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You should really go find those videos yourself

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The problem with UFO videos from random public, it's tough to counter when someone shuts it down with fake computer generated graphics argument even though I thought the pulsing and sudden disappearing part looked decent enough.

I guess it just shows the value of verifiable official videos from sources like NASA when it comes to random UFO footage. If you honestly captured a decent footage of real UFO, and you know in your heart that it wasn't faked, what a buzzkill it would be to get shot down with 'it's fake' argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join