It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old Va. boy arrested after toy gun found in his backpack at school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
More insanity going on in our school system.
Source

The trouble for him started Monday afternoon on the school bus ride home. According to Alexandria Police, the boy showed the toy gun, described as a replica silver handgun with a black handle and orange tip. Police say he neglected to mention the toy was a fake gun.

Hmm....I thought the presence of an ORANGE TIP (which is legally there for this exact purpose) was the indicator IT WAS FAKE. Or do the police not even know their own laws here? Or the school?

Education should be required for educators, IMO.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Why would a 10yr old take a toy gun to school, i could understand if he was 6.

But 10 yr old.. now that's after Long division age!

He probably wanted to show off to kids + current public school shootingss = exaggerated alert.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Currently, there is no background information on the motive behind this behavior. Could be the kid forgot it was in the backpack, and was talking to another kid about it, then showed it to him. However, it is also likely, he was showing it off, which is wrong, I agree. If this be the case, the parents should try to teach the kid that this particular toy should only be used during playtime and not in this manner.

But the police, especially, should know the "orange tip law". At most, his first offense warrants a $100.00 fine to the parents.

What You Should Know About the Gun Law For Toy Guns

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
Could be the kid forgot it was in the backpack, and was talking to another kid about it, then showed it to him.

Did you read the story? He showed it to another kid on his way home. It was the next day that police approached him and found it in his backpack. It is likely the first kid reported it to his parents because the police knew to check him out the next day.

However, it is also likely, he was showing it off, which is wrong, I agree.

If you think it's wrong, why did you mention the school system "insanity"? The school was right on doing what they did. They checked out the kid. He was released, by the way.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Krakatoa
Could be the kid forgot it was in the backpack, and was talking to another kid about it, then showed it to him.

Did you read the story? He showed it to another kid on his way home. It was the next day that police approached him and found it in his backpack. It is likely the first kid reported it to his parents because the police knew to check him out the next day.

However, it is also likely, he was showing it off, which is wrong, I agree.

If you think it's wrong, why did you mention the school system "insanity"? The school was right on doing what they did. They checked out the kid. He was released, by the way.

First, yes, I read the story, thank you very much.

Second, the "insanity" is that they should have simply asked the kid to show them. Then, seeing it was fake (and included the legal ORANGE TIP), got the parents involved in a sit-down discussion on the topic with the kid. Getting the POLICE involved, really, that is insanity IMO. Sorry you think that educators shouldn't be educated and defer all these minor issues to the police department.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Even better...

dailycaller.com...

top topics

join