It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mental health conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
hi, dudes and dames,,
lets face it, we are all insane, the ones that deny this, are the ones we should be afraid of.
I have dodged a couple of bullets in my life, thank cthuhlu..
there is no such thing, as "normal" we all have our thing,
if you dont believe me, try to go in a mental institute and say,
i do not trust the "govern mental"
i believe in aliens and reptilians,
before you can say "hey what`s that needle in my arm?"
you will be pumped with anti-psychotic "medication" and your life is ruined.
only when some one is a danger to them selves or others, is this necessary.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
only when some one is a danger to them selves or others, is this necessary.

And this is where Doctors/Judges get their GOD power...who is to determine the above and at what point is it not simply "reading the future" as some kind of prophet?

In a world where danger is everywhere and everyone is afraid of everyone...everyone...everything you said is applied to everyone...as were all "crazy"...

who gets to determine if were dangerous though?

You "get it" so to speak...as someone who works in the mental health field I can say you are pretty spot on with your assessment of "mental health" and how ripe for abuse that term and its "treatments" are...

edit on 6-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Psychiatry is a joke that just wants to convince people that they were born sick, they live sick, and they will die sick. They take every mundane occurrence that a person could experience in life and try to market it to us as a disease.

Diseases are really good at increasing profits. Especially when diseases have no cure.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The reality? You could walk into a psychiatric facility and say just about anything ( short of a direct threat of murder or self harm ) and the only question that they'd ask - the only one they care about is What kind of insurance do you have? Card please. If you've got kick butt insurance that covers a high, high level of psych care? You're an inpatient even if everything you said was totally sane, socially acceptable, and rational. If your insurance sucks or you have none? You can say that the voices in your head tell you to do things.... bad things... and you do them - and they'll figure out a reason to release you on the spot.

There is this misconception that nobody ever goes to see a shrink without leaving with a diagnosis and medication. This is not accurate at all. The reality is that it's actually difficult for many people to get a diagnosis and treatment - totally based upon their ability to pay. Psychiatry is one of the most costly forms of medical care and many states have systems that are woefully broken in terms of dealing with this fact. Thus the truly sick tend to go untreated, as they are usually unemployable and are often ostracized by their families and support systems. All while the wealthy get all the care they want - even though many of them don't actually need it.

This is how we end up with reports of doctors dishing out narcotics over things like relationship break-ups or bad days at the hair salon.

If you don't believe me, do yourself a favor, and find the part of your town where the homeless congregate. People watch them for awhile and you will quickly see at least a few who are obviously and severely mentally ill - yet nobody cares or does a thing to help.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

BIINGO...
The playbook of the psychiatric industry is The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, nicely summed up by Carl Elliot, a bioethicist at the University of Minnesota...

“The way to sell drugs is to sell psychiatric illness,”.

This Site gives an interesting interpretation of the DSM...

The DSM is driven not by science, but instead caters to the pharmaceutical industry. With its expanding list of “mental disorders”—voted into existence, not discovered as in real medicine—for each of these a psychiatric drug can be prescribed and insurance companies billed. That big formula spells big profits for psychiatrists and drug companies. And this has been exposed more recently with a U.S. Senate Finance Committee investigation into the APA itself and the fact that about 56% of its $12 million-a-year income derives from drug makers.

It also points out that there has been a 300% increase in mental disorders in the DSM over the last five decades and since DSM IV was published (1994) there has been a massive 294% increase in psychiatric drug sales.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

this is very true,,
i am "lucky" enough that in finland where i live, the goverment actually helps alot..
i work in minimum wage, that is actually pretty high here, and many services are almost free,, we have a weird tax thing,
i am currently seeing a psychiatrist for my insomnia, and i have to pay with literally pocket change for it.
and yes, unfortunately homeless people are considered as trash, even in here,
where there even aren`t that many of them.

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Ah, I apologize for my American-centric mindset. It seems to be contagious these days.

As far as crazy Europeans go... I thought the procedure was to simply refer to them as "eccentric" and then everyone else just kind of accepts one for who one is.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mental Health........gimme a break!!! I agree that some cases are for real but most are just pharma making $$$$

I dont mean to insult anyone who have lived something like this so I appologize in advance if it's the case.

A close friend of mine lost his father a couple years ago (I have lost mine a year prior) and a week after the funeral, he was feeling down and he went to see a shrink (recomended by his mom...
) and guess what he was depressed and has been on pills ever since.......does that make sense to anyone? When he told me I simply said OF COURSE YOU ARE DOWN.....YOU JUST BURIED YOUR DAD, I call that being human, NOT SICK.

He said that he feels worst when he stops taking them so he MUST continu.....I said that's only 'cause your addicted to those because you have been taking this crap for too long.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by solve

I thought the procedure was to simply refer to them as "eccentric" and then everyone else just kind of accepts one for who one is.

...If only man, if only. I can't speak for Finland, I'm from Ireland and we also have our fair share of professionals wishing to label everything and everyone here with the 'Crazy' stamp too, but i love your sentiment

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Anyone can get time off simply by walking in a shrink's office and say that your workload is overwhelming, you have no appetite, cant sleep, and always want to cry for no reason. He will give you a bunch of pills and sent you home for a few months / years (yes years).

One of my brothers has been on depression for 9 years now.....still not getting "better"....of course not he takes god knows how many different meds its scary. For him it started by a gambling problem.....been going downhill since.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I understand your point completely, but its kinda like doing a deal with the devil... once you're 'in the system' there is no easy way to get out. I've been chemically dependent on a certain cocktail for too many years now, I was not warned of the long term effects and you only find out when you try to get off them. Now I'm trapped in this situation because I'd rather feel the full effects of the depression than have to endure the withdrawal, but in my position this is dangerous for me.

Here the government provides a regular counseling service, but to be honest its more like monitoring. They ask the same things every time:
* How are you eating?
* How are you sleeping?
...NEXT!!
I leave muttering obscenities under my breath every time.

If you want and can, you can go for private counseling, but its just so expensive that most people with deep problems just aren't in a position to pay.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Well put there Seveirn (the deal with the devil part) it is like that...sorry to hear about your condition, you are cought in the same loop as my brother, and I would not recommend anyone simply stoping...it could be dangerous for your health if you have been taking them for a long itme.

I wish you all the best and hopefully you will be able to get off these meds eventually. Same goes for all in this situation.

Teye22

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Thanks for your concern man, but don't feel sorry: s**t happens and it could be always be worse

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

when we discuss about things with my "shrink" the only thing that we disagree is the fact, that i do not wish to take his "medicine", it helps me when i can discuss about everything,, most of these pills even dont have any medicinal value, whatsoever.
at the end of the day, its all about cash.

new topics

top topics

join