It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I am fairy certain you do not believe in Hell. Neither do I.

It is unfortunate that some people are so threatened by something a person is Genetically disposed to be.

We are ALL FEMALE to start in the womb until a hormone here and there is added and BAM! You get...Male, Female, Some of Both.

It is also interesting to note how some Christians see what in their own beliefs would be GODS creation...to be a threat.

I am an Alpha Male and I have NEVER understood how some people think as far as this. Never.

Spit Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by undo

i doubt that would be a sufficient litmus test for benevolence.

Just answer this one question if you would

If biblical god answered a believers prayer for a cancer cure, and that is an act of benevolence.... How is the unanswered prayers of the holocaust victims not then in contrast malevolence?

which biblical god are we praying to? if it's the one who hates us, and keeps us under the bondage of the law of sin, i'm thinking might want to ask the guy who created us and doesn't hate us and wants to free us from the law of sin (the law of sin is the nerf done to our dna in the garden). otherwise, i have no answer for you and would throw up my arms in defeat. the only answer i have to it is, if you deliberately keep yourself in bondage to the law of sin, then it has its way with ya. i have literally,no other ethical or humanitarian rationale for it, cause it was awful what they had to go thru. : /

the law of sin is not what you've been lead to believe. you don't suddenly become some holy relic when you pray.
edit on 9-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
one more thought: bondage to the law of sin is continuously beating yourself and other people up for their mistakes. why else would jesus suggest that we be compassionate to one another and not judge one another?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It is more bondage to the laws of percieved sin.

The Religious people who believe Homosexuality is against GODS laws believe such as they will neither research or admit that Homosexuaity is a Genetic Disposition.

Instead they see it as a Life Style.

Now it is true some people who claim to be Gay are not Genetically Disposed to be so and for them it is a life style but reguardless...who has the right to tell another how to live if it is not hurting anyone?

Gay people should take note that purposely antagonizing the Religious does not help their cause.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

who has the right to tell another how to live if it is not hurting anyone?

yeah the point is, unbind yourself from the perception of evil. you are not evil. only your flesh is malfunctional and you aren't your flesh. your flesh is just an error ridden piece of genetic machinery that got hit with the nerf bat thousands of years ago.
edit on 9-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Small minded indeed, if you reason enough and repeat the lies enough you can find truth and justify anything and any behavior. Scripture like anything else can be twisted to fit anyones agenda. Take religion out of the conversation completely, in nature male and female for most species are required to reproduce. It was not natures intent that man lay with man nor women with women or the specie would die. Now my dog has been known to hump a few of his neighbors but, let him get a whiff of the female in heat and off he was to do his natural thing ( his now fixed so he cannot create any unwanted offspring) novel idea. Now with all the new agers and ascending to the next level are you now saying we are evolved into omnisexual beings and the male and female roles are no longer needed, I doubt that so based upon nature's laws homosexuality is not the norm.

I say be careful who you judge. What you call god chooses the souls to send here with great accuracy and know exactly on how to wake them up. Some souls are not sent here for reasons of procreation. And some dogs run around humping both cats and dogs of any sex so do not give me the argument that other species do not have homosexuality. Natural/unnatural is only a conditioned viewpoint created by culture/majority.

You are playing around with the golden rule. Be careful about bullying people that are different just based on small minded thinking. God is as a being very different from you. If it had the same way of small minded thinking as you then you would already had been bullied on a level that you would not have survived. It choose another path, disconnect and give it more time and come back when it is ready to listen.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio

Originally posted by rottensociety
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Subjectively, I think it's right that everyone be who they want to be.

Can't you see that they're using Homosexuality to help destroy Christianity? To destroy Individualism?

I understand your point, even though I don't see enough evidence for this Marxist conspiracy you wrote about. However, this little bit disturbs me.

Your above quote basically suggests Christiany = Individualism

Can you see what is wrong with this concept? Please elaborate, I'm honestly at a loss for words.

edit on 8-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

Not only Christians support Individualism of course, but throughout history, Christians have been the main ones consistently fighting this network of "Marxists" who have existed as a group long before Karl Marx's ideas. After Byzantium fell, Russia became the main centre of Christianity which the Marxists deliberately destroyed and turned into their first Communist Soviet Republic. Then they tried to take over Spain with their same "revolution" tactic (as they have used time and time again on Hungary, Afghanistan, Cuba, all over Africa, etc., and in Germany in 1918) and caused the Spanish Civil War during which the Marxists were taking Catholic priests out to ships on the Mediterrean Sea to shoot them and throw them overboard. Christianity has always been fighting them throughout history because its Individualistic beliefs are directly against this new society they're molding us into. I've seen in detail how school coursebooks have been changing over the past twenty years. It's all about a homogeneous society where children are learning to all think the same, all act the same, all look the same, all rely on the State for their every need and worst of all, not think for themselves. There's nothing Individual about it. There's no scope for creativity or imagination. Everyone's gradually being dumbed-down and told what to think, and the abundant "bread and circuses" distract people from what's going on and it's the "killjoy" Christians who have been the most outspoken about that.

Personally I think humans are born inherently moral and good and living within a good community guides us naturally, therefore we shouldn't need religion. But right now, I think we are under attack, politically, morally, culturally, even physically, so I have to choose a side and the Individualists like Christians and other religious groups have a track record of standing up to them. They're against Euthanasia, for example, which is already being promoted ready for the future: in 30 years when they show images of our generation dancing, drinking, taking drugs, paying for tattoos, paying for botox and implants, etc., next to images of the starvation in Africa and pollution of the world, will the next generation want to pay for our health and pensions? Or will we be asked nicely to stop being a "burden to society" and do the right thing and walk into the clinic with the soothing music and plastic flowers... That's what I mean, Christianity is still doing something to delay them but most people aren't.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by rottensociety

"if men want to express femininity and vice versa" - Please don't jump on the "bandwagon", I never said this, if you read my post I said it was being pushed onto society. You must have noticed it on television and in music, it's everywhere.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Personally I think humans are born inherently moral and good and living within a good community guides us naturally, therefore we shouldn't need religion.

That just about encapsulates my very thoughts

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Personally I think humans are born inherently moral and good and living within a good community guides us naturally, therefore we shouldn't need religion.

That just about encapsulates my very thoughts

Worked out so well for the godless Communist countries now didn't it?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here since you people want to ignore what the Bible teaches about it and only want to hear what "tickles your ears." Maybe some of you will listen to the truth and repent.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

The moment they became totalitarian dictatorships they ceased to be communist.

Aside from that....

Believe it or not, there exists today good non-religious communities.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Any thoughts on my post on page 5 concerning a biblical verse and the use of the word "homosexuality"?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I stopped listening as soon as I heard "God abandons the darkened heart..." I guess those 20 children at Newtown Connecticut all had dark hearts. They were just babies, looking forward to Christmas and being with their mommies and daddies, but God abandoned them. They had their whole lives ahead of them, but God didn't allow it. If he wanted them in Heaven, why didn't he just keep them from being born into this world only to suffer? I'm sorry, but your sermons are hogwash. HOGWASH. Innocent people suffer around the world, and your God abandons them by allowing them to suffer.

There are gay people who have known they were gay since they were children. Innocent children. They hurt no one, just trying to find love and acceptance in the world they were born into, as we all do. And your god is abandoning them. Your god is a lousy god, and not one that I want to follow.

Gays don't want special rights. They want the same rights as everyone else - to be able to live in peace without being harassed or bullied by others; to be able to marry the person they love, to be able to be a boy scout if they choose. Being homosexual doesn't hurt anyone - it is between consenting adults, so you can't compare a gay person to a pedophile, or a rapist or a murderer or a thief.
edit on 9-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I stopped listening as soon as I heard "God abandons the darkened heart..." I guess those 20 children at Newtown Connecticut all had dark hearts. They were just babies, looking forward to Christmas and being with their mommies and daddies, but God abandoned them. They had their whole lives ahead of them, but God didn't allow it. If he wanted them in Heaven, why didn't he just keep them from being born into this world only to suffer? I'm sorry, but your sermons are hogwash. HOGWASH. Innocent people suffer around the world, and your God abandons them by allowing them to suffer.

There are gay people who have known they were gay since they were children. Innocent children. They hurt no one, just trying to find love and acceptance in the world they were born into, as we all do. And your god is abandoning them. Your god is a lousy god, and not one that I want to follow.

Gays don't want special rights. They want the same rights as everyone else - to be able to live in peace without being harassed or bullied by others; to be able to marry the person they love, to be able to be a boy scout if they choose. Being homosexual doesn't hurt anyone - it is between consenting adults, so you can't compare a gay person to a pedophile, or a rapist or a murderer or a thief.
edit on 9-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

God gave mankind freewill to obey him or not. Adam and Eve chose not to so sin entered the world. They was deceived by Satan. He still does the same tricks today.

God never promised life in this world would be easy. People that blame God for everything have a misunderstanding about his nature.

If you reject God you will end up in Hell. It's rather simple really.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

A little too simple

The Creator of everything, the entire universe, and all of existence. A Creator seemingly, miraculously, overcoming the impossible by being eternal and un-created. Omniscient, omnipotent, and infinitely incomprehensible .......and he doesn't want you to work on Sunday and eat shellfish.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I am curious where God forbids homosexuality. Where is this commandment given, be it part of the 10 or not?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet

God gave mankind freewill to obey him or not. Adam and Eve chose not to so sin entered the world. They was deceived by Satan. He still does the same tricks today.

God never promised life in this world would be easy. People that blame God for everything have a misunderstanding about his nature.

well according to the bible adam and eve didn't know right from wrong until they ate the fruit. Kinda strange creatures who didn't know right from wrong would be punished so heavily.
edit on 10-2-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaithandArms

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
. Proposition 8 in California was to allow gay marriage in our state. It was rejected though. Do you know why? Because religious intolerants chose to express their disapproval by directly denying gays their right. They put aside the fact that this country was formed with the intention to separate church and state, and put their own selfish ideas in front of it.

Marriage is a religious based event. Government should have nothing to do with it. Honestly the government shouldn't recognize ANY marriages. If the government honestly believed in "separation of church and state" they would not issue marriage licenses (but they want the money), etc.

What should happen is that everyone who wants to be listed with the government as having a partnership with another individual gets a civil union. Civil Unions should be what the government acknowledges ONLY, for everyone. No marriage certificates, etc just walk in with another person and sign some paperwork.

Why would a gay person even want to be "married" since most religions don't support homosexuality? Don't try to force religions to accept and marry you. I find it weird that gays say they don't want to be judged and don't believe in religions, yet a lot of them want to be married by the religions that despise them. If gays want equal rights and tax breaks then they should support the change to civil unions for everyone.

It would clear up a lot of confusion and streamline the issue if the government just stepped out of that aspect of people's lives and said everyone has to come in, file a civil union tax form license and then threw out records of marriage licenses. If you were straight and wanted to get married and applied for a marriage license and they denied it for some reason, what gives the government the right to say you can't be married by your religion?

File a civil union with the government and if you belong to a religion and want that religion to marry you then you would go get a marriage license from that church or pastor, etc. The church would have your marriage on file and could upload it into a religious database if you wanted it seen or acknowledged by others. If your belief in your religion is genuine the only one that will matter to you really is your marriage license and church marriage, the government civil union license would simply be to get acknowledgement and monetary advantages from the government.

Get the government out of people's religious lives (but that won't happen since I agree with the other posters that this is all part of a larger global plan to diss any religion that isn't worshipping the elite)

I agree 100%. This^^^ is the real issue but instead people use topics like the OP in order to bash christians. Most real christians agree that gay people should have the same rights as everyone else but atheists just want to say "here's proof that religion is bad".

My problem is that many atheists have to constantly inject atheism into every topic of discussion. Fundamentalist christians do the same thing.

Now let me tell you a story about the pot and the kettle...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
oopsie
edit on 10-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join