<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

Have fun living in a lifestyle choice that has rampant drug abuse,

My only addiction is coffee.

violence towards their sexual partner

Never been abused or been the abuser in a relationship.

and sexually transmitted diseases

Not according to the medical professionals who tested me.

Living in that kind of sin will send you to Hell for all of eternity.

Listen carefully. I am being completely honest. Any god that would condemn someone to eternal punishment for being themselves and not harming others would have absolutely no idea how to make a proper heaven. I'd rather have absolute nothingness then be stuck eternally in whatever horrible version of heaven that kind of god would construct.

In other words, you continuing to tell me I am going to hell is only serving as relief. Thank god!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

I'm not religious nor do I wish to control what anyone's preferred hole is....but homosexuality is a sexual fetish and as such, can be reversed or one can choose not to partake in the behavior. Period.

Period. Too funny. Nothing to see here folks move along.

This explains what sexual orientation is (not fetish), and the general consensus of professionals is it's not something one can just turn off.

American Psychological Association

Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.

Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. However, sexual orientation is usually discussed in terms of three categories: heterosexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of the other sex), gay/lesbian (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of one’s own sex), and bisexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to both men and women).

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

Merk Manual

Homosexuality: As with masturbation, homosexuality, once considered abnormal by the medical profession, has not been considered a disorder for more than three decades. It is widely recognized as a sexual orientation that is present from childhood. An estimated 4 to 5% of adults are involved exclusively in homosexual relationships throughout their lives, and an additional 2 to 5% of people periodically engage in sex with someone of the same sex (bisexuality). Adolescents may experiment with same-sex play, but this experimentation does not necessarily indicate an enduring interest in homosexual or bisexual activity as adults

Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

so you're saying if a person doesn't get immediate results from prayer, they are lying?

I would say if they DID get results it questions God's benevolence.

As I talked about in my other post.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rottensociety

with this new society

...encouraging all men to act like women (using beauty products, perfume, shaving their bodies, etc)
...encouraging all women to be "Feminists" emasculating men, dressing, working, drinking, smoking like men
...as well as the big promotion now of Lesbianism in music
...television serial dramas

You know for someone claiming to be so pro individualism, you sure do a lot of discriminating against it!!

Can't you see that they're using Homosexuality to help destroy Christianity? To destroy Individualism?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No matter how you slice it, the majority of people will always see homos as odd/wrong/disgusting. Doesn't matter how long they've been around or how much you try to convince yourself that its okay...the fact is, men should not act effeminate and women should not dress to look like Drew Carey. Ask any straight father if they'd like a gay son and I bet you 99.9% will say ...not just no but, hell no!
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

Also, haven't some animals been found to be gay? Are you saying a bird (example) would go out of it's way to be a homosexual bird and to sin? I think if animals do it that shows it's pretty "natural"

Animals don't have a soul nor the concept of morals, or of God. So you're saying you'd rather act like a brute beast instead of a Child of God?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
No matter how you slice it, the majority of people will always see homos as odd/wrong/disgusting. Doesn't matter how long they've been around or how much you try to convince yourself that its okay...the fact is, men should not act effeminate and women should not dress to look like Drew Carey. Ask any straight father if they'd like a gay son and I bet you 99.9% will say ...not just no but, hell no!

Irrelevant conclusion much? The majority of people he says!. Please google "argumentum ad populum" Do you know even know what a fallacy is? hahaha unreal.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm not sure how many actual gay men you know, or whether you've really seen what a lot of gay and bisexual men like, but "effeminate" doesn't really apply.

A lot of gay eroticism can actually be called an appreciation of masculinity.

Many people don't even know where their most butch iconography comes from.
Muscles and tattoos, leather and Beefcake ...
Sword and sandal hunks in Ben Hur, and the Spartans.
Where did it all come from?

Ha, if only they knew
What they consider "butch masculinity" came from gay iconography!
But ... shh...

edit on 8-2-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Would any father like a son like Jesus who gets Himself crucified at age 33?
A son who leaves no descendants and probably never even kissed a woman?

Yet they hold that image up for teens to follow.

And he had two fathers and one virgin mother.
I'm sure the other kids mocked Him for that too.

That's all very unfair and hurtful, but did Jesus give a stuff what they thought?
No, He probably looked at them with compassion.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

Also, haven't some animals been found to be gay? Are you saying a bird (example) would go out of it's way to be a homosexual bird and to sin? I think if animals do it that shows it's pretty "natural"

Animals don't have a soul nor the concept of morals, or of God. So you're saying you'd rather act like a brute beast instead of a Child of God?

Animals don't have souls huh? And we have one? I would like to know how you figured that one out, and if you have the proof. Ironically, animals seem to act more like Children of God, and Children of God seem to act more like brute beasts. Btw, all "creation" is "of God". Maybe not your brand of God, but someone else's for sure.
edit on 8-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
Animals don't have souls huh? And we have one? I would like to know how you figured that one out, and if you have the proof. Ironically, animals seem to act more like Children of God, and Children of God seem to act more like brute beasts. Btw, all "creation" is "of God". Maybe not your brand of God, but someone else's for sure.
I'm also interested in the answers for these questions. On top of those questions, I would also like to know what a soul is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No matter how you slice it, the majority of people will always see homos as odd/wrong/disgusting.

men should not act effeminate and women should not dress to look like Drew Carey.

All men and women. Why?

You're saying it's not okay if a heterosexual man acts 'effeminate' and it's not okay if a heterosexual women acts 'manly'? Or did you mean to specify homosexuals?

Why? You said you're not religious. So on what moral authority are you declaring this absolutism?

Ask any straight father if they'd like a gay son and I bet you 99.9% will say ...not just no but, hell no!

You know what?

Some gay parents don't want a gay child either. So they don't have to suffer through the same persecution they did.

But I have talked to many heterosexual men, single and fathers, about this. In my experience their reply was not summed up with "hell no!" as you claim.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

gay marriage passed by popular vote in 3 states last election, and trending in polls shows homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted. It seems to me you will be sitting on the wrong side of history very soon.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

soo did i answer your question sufficiently, regarding the OT god?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by undo

so you're saying if a person doesn't get immediate results from prayer, they are lying?

I would say if they DID get results it questions God's benevolence.

As I talked about in my other post.

i doubt that would be a sufficient litmus test for benevolence.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
I'm also interested in the answers for these questions. On top of those questions, I would also like to know what a soul is.

i keep going back to the quantum physics thing. jesus said heaven was already here, and that people just had to be able to see it, which unfortunately is hampered by our bodies. i think paul said it like
"for now we see in a glass darkly"
so i went with the idea that it's a 4th dimension that exists simultaneously with the rest of creation, and is only nearly impossible for us to see because our eyes are designed to only see 3 dimensions. to me, that means that all life is also simultaneously existing 4th dimensionally, including animals.

the soul is actually different than the spirit
the soul is the breath or energy that keeps your body in this dimension.
the spirit is your actual, 4th dimensional body. it is eternal.

to resolve this in scientific terms, i appeal to the explanation of Carl Sagan

edit on 9-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

lol, it was an interesting theory, I can't say I agree or disagree, but it's something to consider.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche

Originally posted by undo

lol, it was an interesting theory, I can't say I agree or disagree, but it's something to consider.

did you recognize the surreptitious titles? cause that's the big clue.
the serpent title of enki, has countless applications. for example, the word seraph, which means serpent or fiery flying serpent such as a dragon, is also the name of an angelic race--the seraphim, who surround the throne of god. if you're doing a double take right about now, imagine what i did when i realized this.
next it applies to dna. countless ancient representations, many of them right from ancient sumer where the garden of eden (or at least an access to it) was located.

further examples are, moses raising a serpent on a staff so people would know where to go to get medicine / healing from the serpent bites. later, jesus refers to himself, metaphorically, as the serpent raised on moses' staff to bring healing to the people. this is also the caduceus and the rod of asclepius (which see). i also think it's the ankh of the egyptians.

in effect, enki was a doctor of medicine, a geneticist, a creator of life, a healer. he created many of the lifeforms on this planet, including humans.
the word serpent also has connections to the word for sorcery, however, it doesn't mean magic, it means medicine, life creation, healing. later in the book of revelations the word sorceries is used in a totally different application. it was referenced as pharmacopeia but given a negative connotation, suggesting that in that case, it was medicine being applied in a negative fashion, rather than for healing or life, the bad guys were using it to kill and cause suffering and disease.

the accuser is the law. enlil gave the law. thus, enlil is the accuser. enki offers a route of escape from the law of sin (sin was a moon god. enlil was the moon god. theres more but it gets into stuff like menustration cycle which is same as lunar cycle), which is the law of death for humans. thus enki is jesus as the savior of humans, i think. so far that seems to be the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
p.s. this is why jesus could say he was jehovah, because in the torah, the jewish people knew him as jehovah on several occassions, such as when he rescued noah, created humans, confused the languages at babel (almost sounds like tongues on the day of pentecost) and so on. however, he was not enlil or anu, thus he could say heavenly father, referring to anu, and still be talking about jehovah. all the confusion surrounding the OT and its contradictions, just melts away once you realize what you're looking at. was jesus god? yep. was anu god? yep. was enlil god? yep. at least, in torah they are all called jehovah.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i doubt that would be a sufficient litmus test for benevolence.

Just answer this one question if you would

If biblical god answered a believers prayer for a cancer cure, and that is an act of benevolence.... How is the unanswered prayers of the holocaust victims not then in contrast malevolence?

new topics
top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join