It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

The reason homosexuals cannot handle anyone saying they believe homosexuality is wrong is because the homosexual is intolerant toward Christian beliefs and the human right to disagree. The homosexual therefore becomes bigoted.

Funny how none of them can see that so I guess they are one eyed as well.

That's not really the reason. Proposition 8 in California was to allow gay marriage in our state. It was rejected though. Do you know why? Because religious intolerants chose to express their disapproval by directly denying gays their right. They put aside the fact that this country was formed with the intention to separate church and state, and put their own selfish ideas in front of it. Gays wouldn't mind if the relig-tards out there wouldn't be hindering their pursuits of happiness with their own moronic bigotry.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

There is no gender in heaven. Being Gay is 2 souls looking at each other without the body being the right fit. science shows that men and women fit together and that is the rule of nature. homesextual acts and such are for pleasure and love only. The truth is that people fall in love with each other not based upon bodies but on their souls. We humans throughtout the bible have screwed up God's short term and long term plans. He allows this because he wants us to choose him. Gays are not punished eternally for being Gay. They are punished eternally for not choosing him. Being gay is the same as being straight and giving up God. Bodys are built to enjoy sex with either sex. However, the sexual acts of same sex individuals does not produce children and therefore is against Gods command be fruitful and multiply. True christians love Gay people just as much as straight people. They in fact usually love gay people more than gay people love themselves. As fars as being no longer Gay this is easy. Not being Gay is not physical alone. It is the same choice as being celebate. You are rising above your physical bodies desires and embracing your own choices. I deny my bodies urges because they are not always good for me or others. If people denied their urges and desires more it would be better.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Luckily your ability, weight and authority to "score things" = 0

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In Matthew 19:12 Jesus says that not all men should marry women, as He describes (without divorce, unless the woman fornicated, and such a woman then becomes non-marriageable without her new husband living in permanent adultery).

Jesus says there are three kinds of "eunuchs" who should not marry women.
One kind of eunuch is made in the womb, another by men (the castrati for example, of which the Catholic church and the opera once employed 100 000 for their vocal talents), and another becomes a eunuch for religious purposes (like Origen, who supposedly castrated himself based on a literal reading of the tract).

Now, if all that is natural is male/female bonding for procreation then why would God incarnate say that "eunuchs" can be made in the womb?

Neither does He judge such men, who clearly cannot procreate.
Neither does He say Satan made them so.
This heterosexism above all in Christianity is a modern heresy of the fundamentalist pharisees who pick and choose laws from 613 in the Old Testament, and the Pauline doctrine.

There are also subsequent verses in the New Testament that view male celibacy as superior to marriage (1 Corinthians 7:29, or Revelations 14:4).
In this case they view women as defiling temptresses.

To say the purpose of all men is to love a woman is just nonsense.
Not even the Christian deity has a Mrs. God, or a Mrs. Christ.
Adam was not originally made for that purpose in Genesis 2, and procreative heterosexuality was a curse because Adam and Eve sinned.
He must work himself silly and she must bear children screaming in pain.
The New Testament squarely puts the blame on Eve for the heterosexual disaster: 1 Timothy 2:11-14.

Almost needlessly to say "love" and "procreation" are not necessarily the same thing.
Procreation can happen very efficiently with rape, arranged marriages, widow inheritance and war.
Love is a modern concept and right, while procreation is a duty.

At least the Catholics divided between an ideally celibate clergy and a procreating laity.

If procreation is so important then why not have Protestant Christian campaigns against celibacy, monogamy and family planning?
The religious competition like Islam also allows polygamy.

Onan was slain for spilling his seed on the ground, so why not have campaigns against condoms and contraceptives, and declare them illegal?

Surely that would facilitate much more procreation than scapegoating one minority that cannot consort successfully with women.

On the other hand it could result in heterosexual sub-Saharan levels of HIV/Aids (98 per cent of the global pandemic).

Nevertheless, the HIV epidemic certainly hasn't stopped the Catholics from forbidding condoms, and innocent wives infected by philandering husbands will be martyrs for the cause.

So common Protestant pro-creationists, get busy.
Every sperm is sacred, and if you can procreate you will be judged for not doing so enough, rather than the "eunuch" who cannot.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
. Proposition 8 in California was to allow gay marriage in our state. It was rejected though. Do you know why? Because religious intolerants chose to express their disapproval by directly denying gays their right. They put aside the fact that this country was formed with the intention to separate church and state, and put their own selfish ideas in front of it.

Marriage is a religious based event. Government should have nothing to do with it. Honestly the government shouldn't recognize ANY marriages. If the government honestly believed in "separation of church and state" they would not issue marriage licenses (but they want the money), etc.

What should happen is that everyone who wants to be listed with the government as having a partnership with another individual gets a civil union. Civil Unions should be what the government acknowledges ONLY, for everyone. No marriage certificates, etc just walk in with another person and sign some paperwork.

Why would a gay person even want to be "married" since most religions don't support homosexuality? Don't try to force religions to accept and marry you. I find it weird that gays say they don't want to be judged and don't believe in religions, yet a lot of them want to be married by the religions that despise them. If gays want equal rights and tax breaks then they should support the change to civil unions for everyone.

It would clear up a lot of confusion and streamline the issue if the government just stepped out of that aspect of people's lives and said everyone has to come in, file a civil union tax form license and then threw out records of marriage licenses. If you were straight and wanted to get married and applied for a marriage license and they denied it for some reason, what gives the government the right to say you can't be married by your religion?

File a civil union with the government and if you belong to a religion and want that religion to marry you then you would go get a marriage license from that church or pastor, etc. The church would have your marriage on file and could upload it into a religious database if you wanted it seen or acknowledged by others. If your belief in your religion is genuine the only one that will matter to you really is your marriage license and church marriage, the government civil union license would simply be to get acknowledgement and monetary advantages from the government.

Get the government out of people's religious lives (but that won't happen since I agree with the other posters that this is all part of a larger global plan to diss any religion that isn't worshipping the elite)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Gay or homosexual behavior is just that, a behavioral issue. It is purely psychological and nothing in any peer reviewed findings/data has proven it to be genetic. The theory that gays are "born that way" is false and there's no proof to support it. Anecdotal evidence that the gay community or apologists have tried to use as their smoking gun, is actually further proof they are not born that way. Their findings claim that they found distinct differences in hormonal levels between a heterosexual brain and a "gay" brain. What they fail to mention or understand, is that it is a fact that outside stimuli, trauma & behavior all have a direct effect on the brain's chemistry and hormone levels.

I'm not religious nor do I wish to control what anyone's preferred hole is....but homosexuality is a sexual fetish and as such, can be reversed or one can choose not to partake in the behavior. Period.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

What does the thread title mean - I'm at a loss..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Protestant

ooo the claws come out! this isn't an ot issue. i've been saying that all along. there are too many different kinds of protestants to say it's an universal protestant opinion. also, the whole pharisee thing? while i understand the rationale for saying it to some people, to make it a solely protestant thing, seems wrong to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet

Originally posted by Teye22

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet
Have fun living in a lifestyle choice that has rampant drug abuse, violence towards their sexual partner, and sexually transmitted diseases. Living in that kind of sin will send you to Hell for all of eternity. Once you are in the flames no relief will be given.

Make the correct eternal choice and turn from homosexuality and embrace eternal life in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Talk about prejudice!!!!! So being gay make one a drug user, violant and sick.....I'll have you know that there are thousands of people diagnosed each year with HIV AIDS (I assume that is what disease you meant) that are not gay.

Just saying!

And living in love does not imply only with the oposite gender...LOVE IS LOVE no matter how you look at it, and THAT is the right eternal choice. Didn't "GOD" say "Love thy neighbor"...I dont recal the addition "if they are straight".

God created Man to love a Woman and vise versa, not a man to love a man or a woman to love a woman sexually. It's a corruption of what God created in the beginning. Homosexuality goes against the natural order of things. God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. Obviously if he created homosexuals the human race would have died out as soon as it started.

Satan is the one that turns people to homosexuality. He confuses them and leads them astray. God DOESN'T create gays, SATAN DOES. You people have a hard time understanding that and chose to live in the Devils lies!

I'm not a christian, but I've always wondered if Satan is real, and is as Christians see him, how much of the bible is made up of his words? There must be some. At least half of the bible is just backward and undoubtedly wrong. It reads much more like the rules of one of earth's tyrants, than a perfect benevolent all loving god.

But what if Satan isn't what he's been made out to be? Based on what I know he helped man gain knowledge, and he rebelled against a god who behaves like a tyrant. What else? The god of the bible orders genocide, rape, plunder etc.. according to many Christians in the world today, he is still behind every single natural disaster, and he is waiting to burn people for eternity if they mess up. I'm supposed to love and obey that? Why? I wouldn't respect those qualities if it was a man on earth, I'd oppose that tyrant as well.

I wonder if who you see as god, is actually the character you'd understand as Satan.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaithandArms

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
. Proposition 8 in California was to allow gay marriage in our state. It was rejected though. Do you know why? Because religious intolerants chose to express their disapproval by directly denying gays their right. They put aside the fact that this country was formed with the intention to separate church and state, and put their own selfish ideas in front of it.

Marriage is a religious based event. Government should have nothing to do with it. Honestly the government shouldn't recognize ANY marriages. If the government honestly believed in "separation of church and state" they would not issue marriage licenses (but they want the money), etc.

What should happen is that everyone who wants to be listed with the government as having a partnership with another individual gets a civil union. Civil Unions should be what the government acknowledges ONLY, for everyone. No marriage certificates, etc just walk in with another person and sign some paperwork.

Why would a gay person even want to be "married" since most religions don't support homosexuality? Don't try to force religions to accept and marry you. I find it weird that gays say they don't want to be judged and don't believe in religions, yet a lot of them want to be married by the religions that despise them. If gays want equal rights and tax breaks then they should support the change to civil unions for everyone.

It would clear up a lot of confusion and streamline the issue if the government just stepped out of that aspect of people's lives and said everyone has to come in, file a civil union tax form license and then threw out records of marriage licenses. If you were straight and wanted to get married and applied for a marriage license and they denied it for some reason, what gives the government the right to say you can't be married by your religion?

File a civil union with the government and if you belong to a religion and want that religion to marry you then you would go get a marriage license from that church or pastor, etc. The church would have your marriage on file and could upload it into a religious database if you wanted it seen or acknowledged by others. If your belief in your religion is genuine the only one that will matter to you really is your marriage license and church marriage, the government civil union license would simply be to get acknowledgement and monetary advantages from the government.

Get the government out of people's religious lives (but that won't happen since I agree with the other posters that this is all part of a larger global plan to diss any religion that isn't worshipping the elite)

It's ironic you talk about separation of government and church while making this comment, since it's the christians in office that make up the ONLY obstacle. What about churches and religions that do support gays? There is gay friendly Christians churches that are happy to marry gays, but they can't because the anti-gay churches hold more power in our government. Those anti gay Christians in office are the ONLY thing stopping them.

The are Buddhist monk's like Ajhan Brahm who attend gay parades, and speaks up for gay rights, but if he wanted to perform a Buddhist marriage ceremony for non christian gays, he couldn't because Christians who impose their beliefs on the government won't have it. Many Buddhist sects have the same view of gays as straights, homosexuality is perfectly fine to them as long as they don't cheat, rape, and cause suffering, it's exactly the same expectation as straight couples. If they become monks they have to renounce gay sex, but so do straight monks.

Please stop acting like marriage is some sacred arrangement before god though, it's not. In the days of these religions creation, marriage was more like a business arrangement. Families married into each other to gain more social standing and power. This is why rapists had to marry the women they raped, and pay the father 50 silvers for his loss, because in the minds of the bible Arthur, the woman would be a worthless commodity and a loss for the father's potential standing as no one wanted a raped woman.
edit on 8-2-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

lol i'm not touching that with a ten foot pole
no, make that a twenty foot pole lol

whew. the conversation would go schwingggg, off into the next galaxy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I didn't make it solely about the Protestants.
In my "pharisees" reference I merely mentioned Christians of the fundamentalist type.

My final point simply suggested that fundamentalist Protestants should be as consistent as the fundamentalist Catholics when it comes to facilitating only procreative sex, or none at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

What does the thread title mean - I'm at a loss..

It means God has healed 0 from homosexuality.
It means 999,999,999,999,999,999 ex homosexuals are still homosexuals.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

nah it won't go off into the next galaxy, it will circle back around. There is a reason behind my madness

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by undo

I didn't make it solely about the Protestants.
In my "pharisees" reference I merely mentioned Christians of the fundamentalist type.

My final point simply suggested that fundamentalist Protestants should be as consistent as the fundamentalist Catholics when it comes to facilitating only procreative sex, or none at all.

yeah one day my mom was praying and felt a strong urging to stop taking birth control. she was 43 years old, had already had 2 kids, was dangerously close to being too old. and i was born 9 months later lol we're not catholic, though i must say from my studies i have gained a new appreciation for the unusual role the rcc played in history it's thoroughly unique and just a tad bit frightening, to be honest lol i have had countless sitchin-esque type arguments with myself, as to whether the rcc is enlil-ite or enki-ite or anu-ite. i resolved the argument after like 4 years of study, prayer and debate, that the rcc is enlil-ite. then i had to determine what that meant, since enlil was also the god of islam. this took me a long time to shuffle thru. it went back and forth from not good to actually awesome to not good again to really interesting to not good, etc. lol my final solution was quite an eye opener. let's just say, that's some freaky stuff, like scifi territory. i would continue describing it, but i think that would lead the thread off topic......really really off topic.

i agree with you almost entirely on the idea that judging the homosexual so harshly is wrong, because, the activity is what the problem is, not the person. i know that's hard for some people to grasp, but i thoroughly believe it to be the case.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Perhaps refreshing from another religion.

Here Henry Jolicoeur (a Canadian therapist specializing in mind control) talks about some of the things that went wrong in ISKCON.

The initial homophobia alienated many good gay devotees, while eventually a network of pedophiles was developing.
There were also no rights for women and girls.

None of this may pertain to ISKCON today, and it's a historical discussion.

It reminds me a lot of what some are proposing for Christianity today.

edit on 8-2-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche

Originally posted by undo

nah it won't go off into the next galaxy, it will circle back around. There is a reason behind my madness

deep breath, okay here goes nothing (this is my own cliff notes version)

jehovah was 3 different sumerian gods named enlil, enki and anu.
anu was heavenly father.
enlil was lord of command
enki was creator of humankind.

anu was mostly otiose. he is featured in the old testament as "heavenly father" and surreptiously called "amen" (see egyptian amen or amun, same guy)

enlil was not fond of humans. this is the fellow who ordered the flood, condemned the humans to be genetically nerfed after the fall narrative, authored the 10 commandments,and is featured in the book of job, complaining about job to the heavenly father, anu. think of him like a police chief or prosecuting attorney. one of his more prominent titles is surreptitiously stated as "the accuser." he is an environmentalist and appears to be in charge of when the planet is rebooted, but the reboot has to be the result of really extreme conditions.

enki created humans. he gave them procreation (knowledge) which resulted in them being nerfed when enlil took the matter before the divine council, who decided it would not be good for procreating humans who would multiply like rabbits, to also have eternal bodies. so the order went forth for enki to make one more modification to the human genome, and thus the fall narrative. he saved the noah figure from the flood. confused the languages at babel. he is surreptitiously called the serpent, the creator and, i'm fairly certain he was also jesus. but don't quote me on that. think of him like a defense attorney. he defends his creation on earth.

edit on 8-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

How ridiculous. That is, if you are insinuating that if gay people are allowed to act on their desires, the human race will die out. If you are insinuating such - again, how ridiculous.

1. LGBT people make up a very, very small percentage of the entire human population.

2. There are already too many humans. A "go forth and procreate" approach no longer applies to the 2013 unless we colonise numerous habitable planets. At the current moment, there are over 7 billion human beings and the way food systems and the use of resources are going, this is not sustainable.

3. Please, do not be ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

You do realise Christianity is a lie, right? So is just about every other religion under the sun. They are early and primitive attempts at understanding the world and developing moral and philosophical systems. An advanced, 21st century Human Beings should know this.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012

Question. If you eliminate the male or female sex from the equation, could humanity or humans continue to exist or will we cease to exist?
Just curious, is it your argument that homosexuality is wrong because they can't reproduce? If so, should straight sterile people not marry?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join