It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 states introduce legislation to require gun owner's insurance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm at a loss for words... Illinois is not on that list!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
I'm at a loss for words... Illinois is not on that list!

Oh it will be
Youre in East Peoria.. Im in So Il across from St Louis. Next town over from E ST Louis. Its the damned wild west here anymore and I live in a very nice area. Crime has a car and is armed these days. I doubt they will carry insurance on their weapons though.
I tell everyone.. look at Chicago and see the Dem Utopia youll be treated to if you dont think hard about these things and start acting. You in E Peoria know exactly what Im saying if you see whats happening even deeper than whats reported in the news.

For the rest .... I dont think these will pass either. The problem is the direction this is going. Making you pay for what is a right, yet doing nothing about gun violence and not prosecuting violent crimes involving firearms adequately. Spearheading witch hunts on the mentally ill and villainizing the American gun owner. Its a sad day in this country.

Oh ETA.. one of the things Id heard just in the last few days was that Il will pass CCW.. IF insurance is agreed upon. WHo knows, but thats the rumor.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
in calif its a scam to up date the records for confiscation.

each gun will have to be insured and the insurance company will have and tell the state the number of guns you own and the make modal and S/N

then when they come for your guns you will have a imposable time telling them you lost them in a boating accident.

the state of calif only has about 1/3 of the guns in the state on there records.

gun bought before 1990. bought out of state. or guns bought before it became mandatory that all guns had to go through a FFL and from estates transfured years ago are not on the calif state records.

By forcing guns to be insured like cars they would know who legally had what .(criminal could care less.)

I would move all my guns but one to NV and only insure it.
I plan to move out of state in two years anyway .
Calif is broke so my guess is once you have insured a gun/s in calif and if you move the gun/s out of state while you still live in the state you will get hit with a big fine just because you still own the gun/s.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What's next? Are we going to need free speech insurance, too?

Amazing that we need insurance for Constitutional rights.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
What's next? Are we going to need free speech insurance, too?

Amazing that we need insurance for Constitutional rights.

We don't.

That's the problem in its entirety.
Where do these legislators get their crack pot ideas?
It seems to stem from a thirst for more money or revenue.
Only lobbyists for the insurance companies themselves could've schemed up such an idea.
Think about it...you would be mandated "by law" to register and insure a weapon.
With the insurance, would be followed with a large database.
Which, I'm sure all of the information could be bought and sold...
Kind of reminds me of auto insurance information.

Who thinks up this garbage?
(and more importantly....Why would we accept it?)

Seriously?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I bet they'd also like to know that I have 6 steak knives, 2 butcher knives, 1 paring knife, 2 letter openers, 3 pairs of scissors (which homeland security has approved for use against mass murderers), 1 claw hammer, and 1 rubber mallet. They'll be happy to know that I don't have one of those dangerous baseball bats.

All sarcasm aside, I'm in complete agreement with you and this insurance clause they're trying to enact just proves that their think tanks are hard at work trying to poke holes in the Constitution. They should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
do they think gun owners will be flocking to thier local insurance company to insure the weapons they already own? will the athorities look up citizens that have previously had a background check to purchase a firearm? and when you accidently shoot your washing machine 'cause you were trying to clean your weapon while loaded ( real story from a LEO) while the insurance company be paying for that...and the trauma cause by the incident.......the list could go on and on....how about baseball bats? knives? swords? staffs? large metal spoons? 12 inch cresent wrench? my fist? my foot?

an attempt of control...put in place by the govt thru corporate entities.......umm.. does that have a name?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Governments and Politicians mentality is ,''If you can legislate them Out ,Tax them Out '' ! no doubt, they will just start putting more Taxes on Ammunition ,firearms ,insurance ,whacking a huge tax and insurance obligations on gunshops ,manufacturers, to the point where they give up and close down ,costly Licences and Licencing system

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What better way to gather gun ownership information. I bet a violation will cost your guns, or even your right to own a gun.

Seems like they really want to know just who has em, how many and what kind.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They can pass whatever laws they want at this point it does not matter.
People are waking up....Take a look at New York people are not going to comply with illegal laws.

TPTB were stupid and waited far to long the conservatives and even some liberals are finally wide awake and see the progressives for what they truly are. They wear many masks and use any political party to gain and keep control. But the jig is up and people finally see them clearly............ they will fail.

The million dollar question is what will TPTB do in New York when people do not follow the illegal laws.
edit on 7-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Awesome! Another way for big corps. to get more of the law abiding people's money. The constitution has got to be getting muddy with all these a-holes using it as a door mat.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I would imagine, in my own little way, that home owners insurance should cover that, but, what do I know??
Just one more way for the man to get his hands on MORE of our money. I don't think they will be happy, if we worked for free, and starved to death.
It's the American way....Wooo Hoo......Oh boy....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

In case folks have not noticed this is part of coordinated effort to ban Semi automatic rifles with certain cosmetic features they like to falsely claim are assault rifles. NYS's new law, CA trying the same, banks refusing to honor credit cad transactions for guns, media pounding it daily, and now this crap, we'll see whats next. Anyone who can't see they are coming for the guns is in complete denial.

We need to nip this in the bud now it's just going to get worse.

edit on 7-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I wish I could say I was shocked to see my state Taxachusettes on that list, but I am really not. Politically it seems we always have our nose stuck up New York's arse.

I would so move tomorrow if I could convince a good portion of my family to move......

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
what insurance company will pay for intentional acts causing injury?

home owners insurance doesnt cover if you intentionally burn down your own house!

wont apply to criminals! only law abiding will get coverage!

how many already drive without car insurance!

like it states..."make it too expensive to own a gun"!

even obama wants you to be procecuted if you shoot someone in self defense!!

next it will be 1st amendment insurance to cover in case you offend someone.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Another back door gun grab. If you can't afford the insurance, do you have to give up your guns? In this economy, some are barely making it and this is just adding more burden to an already over burdened populace. Of course, this is what will keep us all safe, so it's a great idea

ETA: Just surprised Illinois didn't think of it first.
edit on 7-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The local paper here in the Rio Grande Valley ran an editorial stating that if America wants to keep the guns, they should be taxed the same as property. The bigger the caliber, the more rounds, the "scarier" it looks, the more you pay.
I am searching to locate it online and will edit to post a link if found later.
www.winonadailynews.com...
Here is a taste for those not wanting to read the entire steaming pile of editorial.

The privilege of gun ownership has to come with a cost equal to the damage in loss of property, injuries and life that guns annually cause. Taxing guns will ensure that our society will get less gun ownership. The tax will simply price people out of the habit.

If that suggestion is taken seriously then I vote we reinstate the poll tax.
Lets charge $50.00 to cast your vote for who runs this country every 4 years. I bet that would slow down the "gimme gimme more free stuff" vote.

edit on 7-2-2013 by comawhite12 because: Adding link

edit on 7-2-2013 by comawhite12 because: adding quote.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

"Keepin' us safe..." That's the mantra. Notice that these idiot politicians neglect to mention who it is that being kept safe...

The events that triggered these latest attempts to attempt to disarm the public are horrific, no one denies that... However, I fail to see how this requirement will help "keep us safe". The only people who will comply with this are people who aren't going to misuse their weapons in any case. Criminals/the insane/the sick aren't going to comply so what's accomplished? Other than attempting to control the populous through their pocketbooks...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Setting aside serious issues like Obama Place of Birth and eligibility to run for or hold the office of President (his birth certificate has been proven a forgery); setting aside Barack Obama repeated use of a Social Security Number that was issued in Connecticut and could not have been issued to him since he never lived in Connecticut; setting aside his College Application as a "Foreign Student"; setting aside Obama's affiliations with Marxists Radicals; setting aside a very long list of other problems that would have disqualified anyone else trying to run for the office of President, we are left with what "President" Barrack Obama said to the public in order to be elected and what he has in fact done:

Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You are all joking, right?
Ok, lets scrap insurance for everything. You will NEVER have an accident in your car, your home will NEVER be broken into and your possessions stolen and it will NEVER happen that some utter cretin will leave his gun in a place that a child could find it, play with it and then shoot dead their best friend. Never happened before, right?
Stop whinging about YOUR civil rights and consider, unselfishly, the civil rights of OTHERS.
I think they have the right to not be accidentally shot, dont you?
Insurance is a small price to pay for your absolute right to bear arms and play cowboys.
It has nothing to do with criminals, criminals still steal cars and drive uninsured but nobody is complaining that they should be allowed to drive their own cars without adequate third party cover!
Insurance will demonstrate that you will be covered for any "accidents" and that you are responsible and understand your obligations.
Hey, some of that money may even get filtered into your healthcare system and may end up treating innocent people, accidentally shot, who cannot afford healthcare.
FFS, get some perspective, the American way of life doesnt revolve around fire arms and for every person that demands the right to own a gun there will be another who will demand that nobody should.
Compromise and thank your lucky stars that there will be NO real gun control in your country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join