It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Among Dead In Denver Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

You have a better working theory? Or do we need to comb over my list to see which factors are at work here?

~Heff

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It's all you see because the media is playing it up and that's what they want you to see. It's called propaganda.

Don't believe everything you read. When you have 300 + million people in one area bad things are bound to happen but keep everything in perspective.

If 3,000 people died from guns last year that would really be .001 (1/thousanth of a percent) of the population.

Still terrible and un called for but it's not a perfect world and bad things happen and you can't stop all of them.

We have:
25,000 vehicular deaths a year
3,308 drownings a year
50,000 people a year die from the flu

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

This is just awful! those poor kids.

Seems to be all I am seeing in the news these days with regards to America.

Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Statistically speaking, shootings are down, but our agenda driven media is reporting EVERY SINGLE SHOOTING in order to make it seem as if there are more, when in fact there aren't.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's the popular thing to do to report on shootings these days. While my position is somewhere in the center on "gun control", those on the "anti-gun" side are doing all they can to get every single shooting out in the media, so it LOOKS like the shootings are increasing. It's political. It's fear-mongering. Keep that in mind.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Yeah let us just block our ears with our hands and ignore these shootings because if we don't know about them then they didn't happen!

Those damn gun grabbers! Why can't they just stop reporting every shooting?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They killed, no murdered other people because they are either crazy or just plain criminal.
They rejected the objective morals and values of society either due to insanity or criminality.

Lots of people are bullied---and they don't in turn kill someone.
Lots of people fail to achieve the American dream----and they don't as a result kill others.
Lots of people are mentally ill---and they don't commit murder.
Lots of people were/are ___________ (fill in the blank with your favorite or current cause)----and they do not kill or murder people.

Besides, they might just be atheists or agnostics who took the idea that we are nothing but highly evolved pond scum to its logical extreme.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by marg6043

But i bet you can control how easy for them to get a gun. I need to kill someone because (insert problems here), oh look a gun shop.

It would be hard to go thru illegal black market to get an overpriced gun.... who knows at that time, he no longer want to kill anyone.

The problem here is easily availability. i'm all for home protection.

If every shot-fuse out there gets a gun, who knows, next time i cut someone off in the road, instead of middle finger i will get a bullet.

You are clearly uneducated on how the laws for obtaining firearms work here... There just so happens to be some rules in purchasing a gun and you cannot just walk down the street, see a gun shop every three blocks, run in and purchase one, run out on a killing spree!

The media must be doing a good job of reporting what THEY want you to hear because I am reading way too much ignorance in these posts!

Ignorance doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you an uneducated person. . . Why not try to get some education, then when you post, you don't sound so . . . Ignorant of the subject. That goes for all of you people posting that all the Americans have gone gun happy!! Dont deny the power of the media!! It can grab you up, turn your world around and force you to believe things that are false!! You cannot tell me that you are on ATS but believe the main stream media is going to tell you the truth! I find that hard to believe myself. Something is fishy about an ATSer who has been sucked in by msm!!?? It just doesn't make any sense! So what are you really? Who are you trying to fool? Your comments are indicative of someone who does not live in this country or someone who lives in this country without a clue of what its like outside of their room in front of the TV and the Good Morning America show.

This type of ignorance is getting difficult to even read anymore. Do a little friggin research on the BS that happens here people?? Could ya? And eVeryone knows the msm is attempting to sway the public ALL the time... Because the big alphabet agencies want our guns, they bought out the news folks and zip, bang, pop!!; that's what's on the msm radar! It ain't magic y'all. . . Its mind manipulation...
But hey, by the sound of your post, they gotcha! Truly sad... And bless your heart. May you live peacefully and without incident .
edit on 6-2-2013 by EdwynaGolden because: Not a frequent poster, and IGnorant of the procdures... but i am learning.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The last two sentences of your post are the only true statements you made. Subtract the sarcasm, and you're real close! What the hell is going on? Is like everyday there's more and more people who have succumbed to the system and their lies and manipulations!! I do believe that I am witnessing peoples fall into the herd everyday now. That's something to think about. . . Who's next?

Scary. Much scarier than the fact that all my neighbors are armed and can help protect our neighborhood if and when needed... S!#^!!!

I'm positive that I'm wasting my time here posting so I'm finished with this group for the night.

Stay safe, however you choose to do it

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

How terrible for those two children.
This makes me wonder how many children have died today from
1. drunk drivers
2. physical abuse
3. hospital/medical error
4. preventable disease
5. illegal wars / bombing
6. this list could go on to infinity.
I also imagine all of the above named killers dwarves the deaths from firearms.
But this list will never be review and certainly will not make headlines as it does not fit in with anybodies agenda.
Like I said, terrible loss but I think we better start worrying about the real killers.

And a huge AMEN goes out to you!! Wow, someone who hasn't been affected by MSM! Halleluiah!! Great points you made. So very true... And sad!! Thank you for keeping it real. . .

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What surprises me is that there is close to 13,000 veterans taking their own lives every year... Why isn't all of the patriots that support the NRA and the right to bear arms and those on the other side of the issue also standing up for our fighting forces by protesting these endless wars that are messing up lives so bad they have lost the will to live...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There are children casualties all over the place lately, and always gun control brought up.

And its unbelievable considering whose running this country.

Warning, this video shows the faces and names of angels murdered in cold blood by the US, specifically endorsed by Obama. He had to sign off the strikes.

Child Casualties As a Result of U.S. Drone Strikes

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
These shootings are nothing new just the current hot topic. Violence is actually on a decline here in the states.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You wont hear him bragging about these kills.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
...Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

Now you're WAY out of bounds...
I am mentally unstable...AND I DON'T HAVE A GUN.
Fear me any less, now?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
8,000 people die every year from gun violence. It's not a new thing, and has gone down from 10,000 in 2007.
FBI Crime stats

Its unfortunate that children were the victims, but does every one of these need it's own thread?
edit on 7-2-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join