It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Among Dead In Denver Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Seems to be all I am seeing in the news these days with regards to America.

There have always been these type of things, but with the whole gun issue you will hear about every single one from now on probably.

Sad, but everyday life in a country with so many guns.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There have always been shootings, they are just main stream now.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by CX
Is it policy at the moment that the US MSM only report shootings involving kids?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OP's linked source Sky News a UK MSM?

I just checked FOX, CNN, Yahoo, Google news pages and the only that had something listed was Google News and it was pretty far down on the page.

Just to add....you might want to do another Google search....there are a ton of news agencies Including Fox and Yahoo) reporting this, all from about two hours ago.

CX.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

How terrible for those two children.
This makes me wonder how many children have died today from
1. drunk drivers
2. physical abuse
3. hospital/medical error
4. preventable disease
5. illegal wars / bombing
6. this list could go on to infinity.
I also imagine all of the above named killers dwarves the deaths from firearms.
But this list will never be review and certainly will not make headlines as it does not fit in with anybodies agenda.
Like I said, terrible loss but I think we better start worrying about the real killers.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thank you.

I see that but I also had to dig for it, meaning it wasn't on the home page of the sites that I listed. Where as if I go to Sky News US main page, it is the first story listed.

My only point was that it wasn't a major story for our MSM. And as I noted earlier, this is the 3rd murder suicide I have seen reported in the past week. One was local to my area (never an MSM story) and the other two I have only seen on ATS (this one and one out of California that the dad had CIA connections).

What others have said is true, it's only getting attention because it involves children, specifically those under 10 years old.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius

It's people starving for fame and willing to kill their own families for their 15 minutes. It's not the guns,

WTF - This post actually got stars! it actually did!

The people who starred this should be ashamed of themselves, you really should.

As the the poster - nothing to say that won't get immediately deleted.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

This is just awful! those poor kids.

Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Government/miliatry had poisoned you all to make this happen.

"Its all I ever hear in from the US"

The frequency of these shooting should be sounding alarm bells that conspiracy is afoot.

What about China? They have sick people killling children with knives and axes over there. Look what happened there on Dec 14th

People are sick all over the world, it's nothing to do with a conspiracy

BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on children in the country.

So is China programming their citizens to kill children because they want gun control?

Or how about the man who strangled his family in the UK

Man get 5 life sentences for killing his family

There are crazy people in every country. Not every murder is a conspiracy. Unfortunately we live in a world were there are too many sick people.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's the popular thing to do to report on shootings these days. While my position is somewhere in the center on "gun control", those on the "anti-gun" side are doing all they can to get every single shooting out in the media, so it LOOKS like the shootings are increasing. It's political. It's fear-mongering. Keep that in mind.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I have to agree. A (most likely) domestic violence case that wouldn't have made national news a decade ago is now front page everywhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

They are not reporting the kids being murdered (by kids most of the time) in Chicago, or any of the gun violence there. Chicago is the murder capital of the US, yet it has Nazi-like gun laws, it is almost imposable to get a gun there. The fact and truth is, where there are tough gun laws the crime and murder rate is high, but where there are fair gun laws (more gun owners) the crime/murder rate is low.

They don't care about stopping gun violence, they care about control and making more money off the dead.Really, how would a tax on ammo save a life? It's another way for our local (Connecticut) government to make money, off the backs of slain children no less.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here is a better link with more information.
3 dead, including 2 kids, in Denver shooting

The mother was 23 with a 6, 3 & 2 year old. She was having a fight and lost it. The local news is focusing on the words "shooting" This is no surprise. I think the CO politicians are discussing gun violence etc... this week. Plus 9 news is very anti-gun.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

multiple factors at work here.
SSRI's can explain .
Bullying can explain a few more.
Lack of social status .

have a secondary cause in disenfranchisement and powerlessness.

"American dream" has become very, very difficult to obtain.

Throw into the mix the fact that simply voicing concerns about this increasingly exclusive society is considered "unPC" - effectively silencing people from venting? \\.

the only CAUSE that you left out is "MOMMY SAT THEM ON THE POTTY CROOKEDLY"

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I feel sad for all kids that are murdered, but when are people going to look at the facts and realize that more children are killed by asphyxiation and beatings than bullets.

What are the anti-gun fanatics going to do to save the children when guns are banned and kids are still being murdered?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I feel sad for all kids that are murdered, but when are people going to look at the facts and realize that more children are killed by asphyxiation and beatings than bullets.

Or way-to-common child abuse.

Last year a child was starved to death in my area. His parents had bragged to others that they didn't have to work and got $2,000 a month from the government. Instead of feeding the 2 year old, they spent the money on drugs.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Adding to your list of factors, many of these younger killers were among the "everyone is special" group of kids growing up. They were constantly told that failure was just as good as success and everything would be unicorns and rainbows regardless of what life threw at them. Then life kicked them in the face and everything was not magically fine. They were never allowed to fail or to learn how to overcome failure.

They can't keep a job because they don't understand how to get along with their co-workers and they don't get promoted instantly like they've come to expect. Some of them lose it and take out that aggravation on others.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Quite true. There were a few of those instances in my state where the parents were keeping the kids in cages or closets and not feeding them anything except rice. I can recall once instance where the kid was kept in a dog house in the backyard, but he managed to escape and go to the neighbor's house asking for food. It's just sick and heartless. People and their deranged minds will keep killing children even when every gun has been melted down into a shapeless lump.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What I don't get is why would the police department have a twitter? That's what I find strange.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then I apologize if she takes it as a confrontation.
edit on 6-2-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Originally posted by DaTroof
The news isn't making this stuff up, they're reporting ACTUAL events.

I believe you forgot to add your smiley face:

Please tell me you weren't actually being SERIOUS...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I agree that guns don't make people kill other people. If they really wanted to kill them, they could have used any number of "weapons" that are in the average house...or the ones at the end of your arms.

It's a sad state of affairs when children are perceived to be fair game. I hope the person rots in hell.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This is just awful! those poor kids.

Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Correction. The coverage of shootings has gotten out of control...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join