It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Among Dead In Denver Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So is it "Two Children Dead" or "Two Children Among Dead?"

Just trying to figure out if the spin is to imply more dead or emphasis that they were children.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by scottromansky

yes but you can not deny that if a man were to momentarily flip out for whatever reason, he could do a lot more damage/harm with a gun.

If he flips out with sharp weapons its even worse in my opinion. Horrendous things can occur. In Switzerland, think the reason there is little crime is they are trained to use the weapons, and while I don't believe in military training, do believe in ongoing extensive training for those with weapons.

A caring world with opportunities for all people, eco farms and good healthy heritage food, grass roots business and easy access to help and retraining, not so much much competition but abundance of opportunities and ways to contribute, no inner city slums, alot of things that shouldn't be illegal changed, I think hardly anyone would ever flip out and harm another.

This entire system is working for a certain class or group, it benefits a group.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Which is odd because they have dropped 50 % in the last 10 or 15 years, yet they seem to be skyrocketing since CT.

I mean seriously everyone does realize this is all just being pushed since CT right?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

So is it "Two Children Dead" or "Two Children Among Dead?"

Just trying to figure out if the spin is to imply more dead or emphasis that they were children.

2 children, 1 woman dead and 1 injured child according to a Denver news channel.

Denver Police Chief Robert White said officers were called to the home at 6:55 a.m. When officers walked inside, they found the bodies of the woman and two children and the injured child.

www.thede nverchannel.com

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

One woman and two children dead. Another child wounded.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Wrong.
Guns don't force Americans to do this and it takes more than just a momentary urge.
It's something else and that's very obvious to anyone with a "lick of sense."

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

THank you for clarifying. The excerpt in OP I only saw the 2 children.

This looks like one of those crazy father loses it because of the condition they are living or a PTSD case.
I think a one reason these types of gun crime is on an upswing (after having fallen to almost half) is the failing economy, and also lots of "shell shocked" soldiers coming back from war. Sad because the more it happens the more the government will consider action (especially in the case of soldiers) and there could even be a negative public response and nervousness to soldiers.

Just entertaining an idea here, not saying that I know what happened at all.
edit on 6-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

Then the spike in domestic abuse will go up, knife attacks/murders jump, baseball bats goes up.

Basically its not the guns fault its the person that went crazy and attacked another person.

The first thing to blame is the gun, and i'm advocating that its the person not the gun.
I think you nailed it. IMO people are at the end of their rope. The poor are just getting poorer, people watch as their standard of living declines. Addictions are up! Almost an epidemic of people trying to escape reality. The good times are not rolling and people are snapping. This mother may have just been overwhelmed and decided that life wasn't worth living and decided to she would take her children with her to they wouldn't have the misery also- So we have a mother and 2 children dead plus one is critical. The housing where they lived looks poor. I will follow this to see the outcome.

Mother, 2 children dead after murder-suicide in north Denver

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Some of you are unbelievable.

The news isn't making this stuff up, they're reporting ACTUAL events. Yes, there is a problem in this country, and its name is guns,.

First of all, guns are inanimate objects.

Second, how can you say we have a problem when the US justice dept’s own stats paint a very different picture?

That's right...the rate of violent crime has been on a steady decrease despite the sensationalist crap we hear on the news as of late.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Mass shootings are rare. I wouldn't call this a mass shooting per say. Sure there were a "mass" of people, but they were all related. The killer was after specific people and not just trying to take out as many as possible.
Mass shootings are rare.

All together gun crime was down like 50 percent over the last decade or so then after CT it seems it's on the rise again. Various factors involved obviously. You see these types of things a lot when the economy starts falling.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
Mother, 2 children dead after murder-suicide in north Denver

Whoa... So they think this is a murder suicide? That is the 3rd one I have heard about in the last week, all 3 involving 3 deaths. I hope the one at the hospital makes it through ok.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jaba's automaton-hostage forgets that the Rollers are controlling the flow of violence reports, whereas before the venturi valve was more constricted. For example, we can see from history that 400 murders per year were going down in Shy in the 1930s.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This same exact thing happened in a town I lived in 20 years ago... I don't recall anyone that tried to make an anti gun issue out of it happening... They just felt bad that no one had any idea that the mother was as depressed as she was and capable of doing such a thing...

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is it policy at the moment that the US MSM only report shootings involving kids?

So there are no other shootings whatsoever in the US right now?

Tell me there is no agenda being pushed forward.

CX.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Look at the drug abuse that is happening in this country. People are literally losing their minds and the media is blaming guns.... Prescription Drug Abuse Statistics Look at that chart. We are becoming a nation of drugged out zombies. And zombies don't think twice about murdering children

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Is it policy at the moment that the US MSM only report shootings involving kids?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OP's linked source Sky News a UK MSM?

I just checked FOX, CNN, Yahoo, Google news pages and the only that had something listed was Google News and it was pretty far down on the page.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

That seems rather contrary IMO. If all murders were reported nationally, then the damage to guns rights advocates would be much greater, by far and away, than the media currently cherry picking them. IE reporting the child murder is less damaging than reporting the child murder plus the other x number of gun related homicides that have or will occur in the same time span.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Look at this story here and tell me there is no agenda going on. Here is a family that was killed but since no guns were involved it will not make major headlines or be discussed to no end. People lose it and kill others alot in this world but in America if there is no gun involved then nobody cares these days. Where is the outcry for why these incidents happen.

www.freep.com...

A suburban Atlanta man killed his wife and two children before hanging himself in the apartment his family shared, police said Tuesday, though the circumstances that led to the slayings were unclear.

Police in Johns Creek — about 25 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta — found the family of four dead Monday morning.

Investigators at the Fulton County Medical examiner's office say Gurtej Singh Grover, 5, and Sartaj Singh Grover, 12, died of sharp force wounds to their necks, and their mother, Damanjit Kaur Grover, 47, died of blunt force trauma to her head. Police Chief Ed Densmore said Shivinder Singh Grover, 52, hanged himself.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by CX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OP's linked source Sky News a UK MSM?

I just checked FOX, CNN, Yahoo, Google news pages and the only that had something listed was Google News and it was pretty far down on the page.

If Sky is reporting, Fox won't be far behind...remember who owns them both.

CX.

CX

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by CX

That seems rather contrary IMO. If all murders were reported nationally, then the damage to guns rights advocates would be much greater, by far and away, than the media currently cherry picking them. IE reporting the child murder is less damaging than reporting the child murder plus the other x number of gun related homicides that have or will occur in the same time span.

~Heff

That's one way of looking at it.

I think that it's more damaging reporting the child shootings rather than ALL the gun incidents across the US. If the MSM reported all the gang/drug related firearm incidents, i really don't think people would give two hoots.

Show just the kids getting shot and it's obviously going to get more of a reaction because no-one wants to see dead kids.

Much more powerful image to use for an anti-gun message.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join