Two Children Among Dead In Denver Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Two Children Among Dead In Denver Shooting

news.sky.com

Police say two children have been fatally shot at a home in northeast Denver.
The Denver Police Department said on its official Twitter page that multiple people had been shot, including children, but no other details were available.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is just awful! those poor kids.

Seems to be all I am seeing in the news these days with regards to America.

Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

news.sky.com

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It's people starving for fame and willing to kill their own families for their 15 minutes. It's not the guns,

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's the popular thing to do to report on shootings these days. While my position is somewhere in the center on "gun control", those on the "anti-gun" side are doing all they can to get every single shooting out in the media, so it LOOKS like the shootings are increasing. It's political. It's fear-mongering. Keep that in mind.
edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I feel very much for every child on this planet. But guns didn't kill them, a human did. And possibly there was a power structure behind that human, ie. an agenda. In Switzerland, everyone is armed and there is almost no crime.

Non gun violence goes up when people are unarmed, they're preyed upon.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Shootings have gotten out of control over there! Honestly people, how can you support everyone having guns? I really don't understand this at all :-( it seems far too easy for mentally unstable people to get a hold of guns over there.

news.sky.com

I wouldn't be surprised if the Government/miliatry had poisoned you all to make this happen.

"Its all I ever hear in from the US"

The frequency of these shooting should be sounding alarm bells that conspiracy is afoot.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Shootings have gotten out of control over there!

That's what the proponents of gun control would like you to think. The reality is that violent crimes are down.

This is sensationalist propaganda and you're drinking the kool aid. Don't let them play you!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It's cause it's what the news WANTS you to see. Just like small airplane incidents. Doesn't matter where they happen they end up on the local news. The media obsession with shootings is exacerbating the problem but they don't seem to care. The media has blood on their hands as far as I'm concerned. There have also been numerous stabbings but they seem relegated to a local news mention.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You get the news that you are fishing for, simple, guns are the main topic this days so anything related to guns is priority and if death children are part of it, the news will love it more.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's the popular thing to do to report on shootings these days. While my position is somewhere in the center on "gun control", those on the "anti-gun" side are doing all they can to get every single shooting out in the media, so it LOOKS like the shootings are increasing. It's political. It's fear-mongering. Keep that in mind.
edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Thank you, BH!

While many of us may not be on the same side in some of these arguments, we should remember that we are all being taken for a ride!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

news.sky.com

Awful story....I hate it when things like this happen especially involving kids.

It is not the guns that are the issue. A person that would do this would have done so with a kitchen knife if guns were not available. The mental instability of the person(s) involved is the issue. The guns are simply a means to an end...just like bombs or whatever other means a person will use to kill. Attack the issue at the source, not the avenue used to carry out the incident.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
how many shootings have there been in Colorado thus far?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've got a wonderful idea.
Lets take all the guns out of the law abiding citizens hands so the only people left with guns are criminals and the government.

Yeah, great idea.

/sarc

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Clearly, those kids that died should have been trained on how to use a gun when they were infants. It would have solved everything.

link   

Originally posted by skorpius

It's people starving for fame and willing to kill their own families for their 15 minutes. It's not the guns,

This is a very silly thing to say, and that's being polite.

He killed himself and the kids, for 15 minutes of fame! really?

I thought this website was for denying ignorance.

link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

That is the whole idea of gun control as usual, you can not control how criminals get their guns or the black market gun trafficking but hell you can get those pesky law abiding gun lovers and second amendment crazy citizens from getting their greedy hands on guns for their protection.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Violent crime, all crime for that matter, is down as compared to past decades - with one notable exception, spree killing/mass murders. Those are quite statistically higher in recent years.

From a psychological standpoint it seems pretty evident to me the method to this madness. People who are mad at other people possess the potential to become murderers. People who are simply mad - and cannot quite find a target for their anger - possess the potential to become mass murderers.

There has been a lot of speculation ( from myself included ) as to why this phenomenon is becoming the rule and not the exception and I honestly think that there are multiple factors at work here. SSRI's can explain a number of the spree killings - but not all of them. Bullying can explain a few more. Lack of social status in a culture that is increasingly fixated upon realistically unreachable ideals ( for most of us ) marks off a few more. Many also seem to have a secondary cause in disenfranchisement and powerlessness. Folks can say it ain't so all day long - but the "American dream" has become very, very difficult to obtain. It's still possible to make it without being born with a silver spoon - but it's not nearly as possible as it was a generation ago. Throw into the mix the fact that simply voicing concerns about this increasingly exclusive society is considered "unPC" - effectively silencing people from venting? Well... take one, some, or all of the above, throw them together and you've got the recipe for a young male, standing in public, shooting at everything that moves.

Thus, in summary, spree killers today are a manifestation of a broken medical system, complicated by an exclusionary elitist class, and sealed with the fact that commentary upon any of it will be judged quite harshly and usually leads to ostracism and ridicule.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

But i bet you can control how easy for them to get a gun. I need to kill someone because (insert problems here), oh look a gun shop.

It would be hard to go thru illegal black market to get an overpriced gun.... who knows at that time, he no longer want to kill anyone.

The problem here is easily availability. i'm all for home protection.

If every shot-fuse out there gets a gun, who knows, next time i cut someone off in the road, instead of middle finger i will get a bullet.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And we can count on criminals to get them and break laws .
Cholos off each other all the time here in Colorado,should I kill all of them because I like guns?
Criminals, crazies and a government going nuts,you want to bitch at me for owning guns?
Thank you for your OPINION.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

How did you get so freaking smart?
Don't forget a cultural and societal worship of violence and its use in self-satisfaction.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join