It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android malware uses your PC's own mic to record you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
After reading what is below on cnet, I'm really having trouble deciding on what app to install on my mobile phone so I can clean the cache!!

It seems there are apps out there designed specifically to spy on your every move & what you say.....

A couple of Android apps masquerading as cleanup tools actually had a sneakier mission in mind.

Uncovered last month by Kaspersky, two apps named Superclean and DroidCleaner posed as software that claimed to clean up your Android smartphone or tablet. Instead, these two were actually pieces of malware designed to snoop on your conversations by infecting your computer.

The programs worked by downloading files that automatically execute after plugging an Android device into a Windows PC, according to Kaspersky's blog. After executing, the malware would trigger the audio recorder function in Windows, write the information to a file, and then send the contents to the malware distributor./b]

There is more on the following link:

www.cnet.com...
edit on 6-2-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is an easy fix really. If it isn't really necessary to use a "smart phone" that uses Android get rid of it. If you have a PC or a MAC the only real reason to have one of these phones is for convenience or "play", or in a lot of cases a status symbol because "everybody else has one". The majority of people could get by very well with just a standard cell phone but just "have to have" the latest gadget. I understand that some people must have one of these phones for their job, but the majority do not.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

These smart phones are a walking talking insight into the lives of whoever own them, the things governments or anyone else interested in you can do with them are truely shocking.

Dzhokhar Dudayev Hit

Dudaev was killed on 21 April 1996, by two laser-guided missiles when he was using a satellite phone, after his location was detected by a Russian reconnaissance aircraft, which intercepted his phone call. The telephone homing equipment was supplied to Moscow by the USA National Security Agency.[

If they could do that then imagine what they can do now, the fact that some people have their whole life dedicated to these phones does not help either. It is safe to say if you do not like a big brother society, do NOT own a smart phone.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah, both of you are right... I dont use my phone much for the net... in fact hardly at all.... its just that will be needing it tmrw as I need to show an e-ticket to get in someplace....

But my real problem lies with the browser... I would have shown my email with the e-ticket attachment but I cant log into my hotmail or yahoo accounts via my mobile as it says that 'cookies are disabled' ... i dont know how they are disabled coz I never disabled them so I'm trying to find an app so I can clear the cookies and cache... I should the be able to open my hotmail & Yahoo on it...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

life is not worth living without a smart phone and people who don't have it are backwards and are luddites.

they are loners and not part of society.

i mean without facebook and twitter you are basically isolated from the world.

this could cause you you to become a school shooter or a psycho as you feel discconected or isolated with no stake in socxiety.

in fact people who don't have a smart phone should be arrested and searched on a regular basis to see they are harbouring a dangerous thoughts.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
This is an easy fix really. If it isn't really necessary to use a "smart phone" that uses Android get rid of it. If you have a PC or a MAC the only real reason to have one of these phones is for convenience or "play", or in a lot of cases a status symbol because "everybody else has one". The majority of people could get by very well with just a standard cell phone but just "have to have" the latest gadget. I understand that some people must have one of these phones for their job, but the majority do not.

These devices have calculators, compasses, GPS, phone, contact lists and limited net access. It can be the perfect tool. The new Ubuntu (Linux) smartphone operating system due out this year should take care of most or all of the spyware issues. It should also put a big dent in Android. I can't wait.

The stock Android phone is a crippled mess by design. Totally co-opted to the dark side. And a data-mining social ethos has embraced it. For example, I was going to install a popular anti-virus app but the damn thing demanded permission to access the camera. Crazy.

I've been told that the Android Facebook app wants permission to do everything but bend you over and cop-a-feel. I'll certainly be happy to see the demise of Android in it's current state.....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

So I take it that you aren't slave to a "smart" phone either? I'm sure refusing to join the smart phone frenzy puts you on a watch list somewhere.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I have a windows HTC titan it is amazing I just hotspot my new windows for my old prepaid android I don't use for the ats app. Contract is the way to go with a phone
stay on technology

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

note: any technological device that uses mics and cams can be rigged to do this. It doesn't amaze 1 OP hmm developments or advancements many must ask... Its the use of invisible cloak wear that makes 1
or further aware holographic tech that allows holographic tech to do the same thing with interaction ability within a 3d zone of existence
thank GOD for ... well GOD

NAMASTE*******
edit on 5/2/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join