It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteors in Jersey...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Funny, didn't remember hearing anything about a meteor shower on the news as I enjoy seeing them, but I just had a call from a buddy of mine to go look outside... Sure enough, saw a few in the sky. Looks like they likely landed miles from here, towards Trenton though likely shy of the city... Nice show...
I'd take pics, but my camera is pretty crappy, and they wouldn't show well...(my eclipse pics were likewise garbage, small zoom). Will likely be some good pics on the news though I'd imagine....

This post was part of a special Halloween Homage to Orson Wells.
Jumping out from behind the server and shouting BOO!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not seeing anything in the news nor have I heard anything locally (Parsippany at the moment) about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mercer county here, outside Trenton...I did see a couple meteors, but haven't seen anything on the news yet...and it's been about 20 minutes now... I guess it isn't big news or anything, so hopefully they'll say something at 5. Channel 9's got nothing so far...

[edit on 29-10-2004 by CarlPhillips]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I�ve been looking through projected meteorite shower data and I don�t see anything listed. Wonder if it could be a satellite falling back to earth.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I�ve been looking through projected meteorite shower data and I don�t see anything listed. Wonder if it could be a satellite falling back to earth.

Maybe... They looked kind of big though... I thought they usually came down over water? Well, I hope nobody gets hurt...

I did a search, and I didn't see any debris planned to fall today...but who knows...???

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Maybe... They looked kind of big though... I thought they usually came down over water? Well, I hope nobody gets hurt...

EDIT: I did a search, and I didn't see any debris planned to fall today...but who knows...???

oops, double post...

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Wilmuth]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I�ve been looking through projected meteorite shower data and I don�t see anything listed. Wonder if it could be a satellite falling back to earth

Usually they have have an announcement about it. Kind of strange IMHO.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarlPhillips
Mercer county here, outside Trenton...I did see a couple meteors, but haven't seen anything on the news yet...and it's been about 20 minutes now...

Carl,

Can you describe how they looked? How long they lasted etc etc????

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe its related to this?

abclocal.go.com...

edit link fix

[edit on 10-30-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah what's going on??? I saw some here in Aruba as well...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I hope they explain this in full soon, seeing fireballs plummet from the sky must scare ALOT of people.

Hope the fireball doesnt land in a Welle, that would suck now wouldnt it?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
That would have to be a serious bit of space junk I'm tipping - that said there would be one less piece of junk 'they' have to monitor, no?

Could this be confirmed by that NEO agency?

new topics

top topics

join