It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Amazing Purpose Of Petrospheres AKA Neolithic Stone Balls Finally Been Discovered?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My 2 centavos,

A few of the examples pictured could be bolo balls as they are smooth/round enough to provide the necessary forces without disturbing the physics.

Most of them are too ornate/impractical and would not be very effective in operation. This does not discount the possibility of a decorative piece.

To believe they are all simply bolo balls is a bridge too far for me.

The likeness of these spheres to the pollen grains is amazing. Like most here, I wonder how they could have known what the pollen grains looked like. I find this intriguing but wonder how we prove it.

My guess is since the stones seem to be around the same size, it is significant. Perhaps it has something to do with the relationship with the average size of the human hand. There seems to be a different vibe (that is indeed the scientific term :lol
to some of these examples. Perhaps these stones had different uses but still needed to fit in a hand. A tennis ball is easier to manipulate for a multitude of purposes then let's say a bowling ball or a pin head.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I can see why you had the light bulb moment. Definitely seems plausible to me. You may have just stumbled on to something significant here. It's at least as good as some of the other theories out there.

Thanks for posting your find. F&S for the OP!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
To me, the shapes of the stones found seem very symetrical and follow patterns, even reminding me of sacred geometry or flower of life shapes.

Pollen certainly follows the patterns of sacred geometry, as do trees and plants, so perhaps geometry in general is where the source is. The stones then would not necessarily be a result of viewing pollen with ancient technology or seeing them as a shaman, but would coincide with patterns found in nature. I believe humans have known about these patterns for a very long time.

Viewed in this light they do not seem to be weapons. Weapons would be designed for killing or for aerodynamics & distance if they were being thrown, or for accuracy when aiming and their shapes would be designed for linear movement toward prey or for maximum effect on impact. These stones don't seem to be designed for that IMO.

I don't know what their purpose would be though.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I like your explanations and comparisons but....

This picture

I keep seeing a metallic ball with metallic nodes with wires attached to the metallic nodes....like some sort of weapon or power generator.

I can't find a like picture but this is what I am seeing in my minds eye.

As for some of the other pics....some also look like atomic structures that I have seen before.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I'm not sure about the patterns, and they certainly do look like the pollen in the photos. However, I remember seeing something on youtube about the balls being used as rollers to move heavy objects (maybe on how they think Stonehenge was made?). The balls were placed in a track, with another upside down track placed on top of it, with the heavy object sitting across the tracks (like a train track). The reason why they were the same size was so everybody could use their own balls when it was their turn to help. If they were too big, they would jam in the tracks, if they were too small they wouldn't support the weight.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hmmmmmmm..... what if these are not carved but are naturally occurring from ancient plant life that made the redwoods look like sprouts? Perhaps, fossilized super pollen or a derivative there of.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Excellent. You got me on that one. I was thinking of some kind of grinding stones. Perhaps if they were mixed into a grain vessel in bulk and the vessel rolled or turned, it could grind the grains. I dunno. I like your idea better though.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
S&F OP! Fascinating thread. You did a stellar job of putting it together. Can't wait to come back and follow the rest of the responses.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Life imitates art?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

wow, WOW

thats a pretty damn good correlation to them , heh, im not sure i really buy into the theory but they do look very similar,

i was thinking they were used more for like bola games, where you toss the stones and knock other stones out, or some games you throw stones and try to get next to a post knocking others out, ect ect, theres tons of variation to them and i could see people carving and engraving them and trying to make them special because im sure they were handed down to kids because people used to bet on them and such,

when i was staying in france , all the older gentleman would play a similar game in the public court yards and bet money, mostly it seemed like gentlemans bets but the men said some bet crazy. and making design on them would make them act differently than some others making them move or hit others a differently.

some of the balls they were using had grooves and dots on them as well. and depending on how old they are, the bets could have been for life or duel to death kind of thing which would mean you really want to make yours special cause if you lose , poof your dead.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

"A few of the examples pictured could be bolo balls as they are smooth/round enough to provide the necessary forces without disturbing the physics."

heh i agree with you i think they are a form of bola balls, didnt see your post before i posted mine ^^

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I looked at this thread earlier today and wasn't sure what to make of it. Then, tonight while checking out this other ATS post, I was amazed to see your spheres in this post , check out the 3rd video in this post titled Sacred Geometry Explained Part 2 of 2. At about 3 Minutes 24 seconds into it.
Possible Explaination
I am not trying to take the wind out of your sails and I'm not saying he has nailed it either but it is convincing...

What do you think?
edit on 6-2-2013 by evc1shop because: fixed link

edit on 6-2-2013 by evc1shop because: added time notation

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i know most need hard prof but i think it is there all over the world. tptb are hiding our past from us. and i do believe without any doubt that way back the world was like it is now but much more tech then we have now. i do believe it is possible tptb have caught up at lest to some degree and are not sharing it with us. i also believe we are basically a 2 class society now. the ones using the full tech and the rest of us. and we will be wiped out to bring the new age of class 2.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Personally...I think this is another example of where human beings get their "unknown" creative inspiration...

the origins are from a little nudge from the blueprint of life that is fractal in nature and exists in all things...we replicate it subconsciously without being any wiser...

the universe and everything in it is following a blue-print and the creative aspects of humans are no different...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oh, I can absolutely see the Celts spending hours by the fireside carving magnificent ceremonial bolo balls, each representing the epitome of his artistic carving prowess; in Games being displayed and feverishly bet upon, handed down to sons as a prized possession; and displayed with pride dangling from the beltline, ever so much reminiscent of, well, you know...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
HAHA... when I saw the first few of your stone pictures, I thought "looks like statues of pollen grains"..........

I don't see why they can't be models of pollen - either for teaching purposes (it's easier to hold big stuff infront of a class than dust sized objects) or just because they looked pretty and someone wanted some ornaments??

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Cool look at the similarity to pollen grains and these balls. I believe the balls are mace heads, either used at the end of a rope or the end of a bronze chain to stove people's heads in. The pointy one is definitely an axe or mace head of some sort. The one from Costa Rica is probably some sort of ritual game ball. Still the resemblance to the pollen samples is uncanny. All I can say is "As below...so Above." or vice versa.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
good topic. thanks. Like SmurfBeliever, when I read about these balls, I thought/read that they might be used as tools to help move megalithic structures - hard pivots make it easier to rotate and transport stones end-over-end. But some of the ones you have shown look too fragile for that.

Some of them do look like pollen, so re: the possibility of celts being able to use magnification - if you have a laser and a drop of water suspended from something, you can get some very good magnification effects. As shown here:

Although I've no idea how you'd do this without a coherent, indoor light source.

One point about a picture you showed:

afaik, this is a Roman dodecahedron - Roman Dodecahedron

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks
reply to post by MysterX

I vaguely remember a web site somewhere that was about spiritual adepts being able
to "see "down to the atomic level . They even drew some pictures.
Not sure what search terms to use in order to find the site.
Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about.

I'm quite sure this is the site you're talking about:

smphillips.8m.com...

There's a number of articles on the subject found by hovering over 'Remote viewing of atoms' to the left.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I happened to be looking at the videos in this thread yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They were in on video being presented as representing the platonic solids, which they clearly are (some of them), very important structures in nature, basic building blocks for this universe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join