It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure - Why I was Always Disappointed Until I Understood What It Meant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You know the drill, you see a thread about Disclosure, you used to get all excited and open the thread, fully expecting to see unrefutable evidence of the Existance of Extra-Terestrials presented in a manner that would shock the world and spread like wildfire. This is what I thought disclosure was supposed to mean, until thread after thread you read and soon realise that these threads that claim disclosure are in their entirety anything but disclosure.

Until I eventually realised. I'm looking at this all wrong. The label Disclosure in the thread title mustn't mean what I think it means at all. When the OP puts Disclosure in his thread title, what they are really disclosing is that they have no idea, what unrefutable evidence of Aliens looks like.

Please stop using the word Disclosure in your title, like you have anything groundbreaking. It really grinds my gears.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

i hear you, that`s, like, a really annoying thing to type,, man....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

..to see unrefutable evidence of the Existance of Extra-Terestrials presented in a manner that would shock the world and spread like wildfire. This is what I thought disclosure was supposed to mean, until thread after thread you read and soon realise that these threads that claim disclosure are in their entirety anything but disclosure.

That's NEVER going to happen. No evidence is going to be indisputable in the internet, because anything can be easily fabricated these days. Documents, videos, sound effects, testimonies, you name it - it can be faked. The only way to convince anyone of anything is for them to experience it for themselves (and even then the experience can be faked and/or manipulated heavily). Hypnosis can be even used to make you think something happened, when it didn't, or vice versa.

There IS no 'conclusive evidence' of pretty much anything, that's not testable and reproducible. No internet evidence is 'unrefutable'.

What 'disclosure' means according to wiktionary:

disclosure (plural disclosures)

1. The act of revealing something.

So if anyone reveals anything, that's a disclosure. It doesn't mean it has to be about UFOs or any kind of evidence. It's just the act of revealing something - ANYTHING. So your definition is not accurate at all. But now you know the true meaning of the word, and perhaps this will help you accept the reality of the correctly-used term in ATS.

Highlighted grammatical errors:

- existence (doesn't need a capital "e")
- Terrestrials
edit on 10-2-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

join