It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Different Type of Plagiarism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I've read through all the T&C, Privacy policy, DMCA threads but I didn't find a definitive answer to my question so I'm hoping that someone here can help me out.

My question concerns the use of unattributed offsite content in reply comments, not the original thread post as the guidelines are very clear for this.

I've noticed over the past few days that a member here is replying with comments ripped from Yahoo Answers and passing them off as his own. I've actually noticed that this has occurred 13 times now, although there may be more.

His motivation for doing this are of no concern to me, but the legal implication of plagiarizing offsite content are.

So my question is: Are responders to a thread who use unattributed offsite content breaking T&C just as the author of a thread would and does ATS view this kind of activity with the same seriousness?
as stated here... Posting Work Written By Others

I look forward to your assistance.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Any form of plagiarism violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, regardless of where it appears.

But we can't find it all on our own, so when you see it, please alert us to it so we can take appropriate action.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Done... Thanks for your input.

new topics

join