It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is "shamanic vision"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by 0mage

True atheists are just angry beacause they have no proof of, the other places, totally understandable and cool..
but could a shaman exist in here, rolling in the ground like an animal, but also, at the same time be in...
i dont know, in the "other place" where everything co-exists? as above, so below?

indeed, i was once, nihilist and then atheist. it didnt last long. and it was because i was acting like a spoilt brat kid with God about not getting my way lol. sometimes things dont work out the way you wanted. but later on u realise.. ur glad those things didnt work out that way because u may not be where u are now in ur life's journey. i personally now would say i wouldnt have it any other way to how it's gone for me. an unlimited creditcard would be a nice addition.. but im happy with the fact that the wealth ive acquired can actually be taken with me past the threshold of death.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

now we begin to understand what shamanic vision is,
its something interesting...
entertaining...
insightful...
practical..
unpractical..
and sometimes, it can even be, the truth.
who knows.. we may even be inside a super intelligent being, right around its armpit, and there are an infinite number of realities within each of us,, now quoting Oppenheimer,
i have become death,(Shiva), the destroyer of,, wait for it,,, WORLD(S).
edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: fun thing to say

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by solve because: oopsie daisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The shamans role is that of the priest the healer and of the storyteller. I say priest as its the closest word to what shaman would be, tho shamanism typicaly has no relation or service to a type of "god". Explorer does it justice. Most cultures use some sort of inducing method be it trance, chanting, entheogenic hallucinogenic plants and fungi, and lesser known forms of ordeal poisons and self mutilation. These achieve a state of vibration/dimension/experience separate of our reality/time/space where with practice can be navigated and contact of some sort can be made with who really knows what. But from experience I can tell you most Humans would not be able to have the experience of the shaman without devotion to the results it could achieve. Whatever those may be.

edit on 6-2-2013 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by 0mage

True atheists are just angry beacause they have no proof of, the other places, totally understandable and cool..
but could a shaman exist in here, rolling in the ground like an animal, but also, at the same time be in...
i dont know, in the "other place" where everything co-exists? as above, so below?

indeed, i was once, nihilist and then atheist. it didnt last long. and it was because i was acting like a spoilt brat kid with God about not getting my way lol. sometimes things dont work out the way you wanted. but later on u realise.. ur glad those things didnt work out that way because u may not be where u are now in ur life's journey. i personally now would say i wouldnt have it any other way to how it's gone for me. an unlimited creditcard would be a nice addition.. but im happy with the fact that the wealth ive acquired can actually be taken with me past the threshold of death.

It is rare indeed that your destiny will present itself at a time of your choosing or when it would appear to be convenient. To refuse this which is laid before you will promote your downward spiral. To be of vision means to be able to recognize these as the Doors for what they are and not chaotic coincidences that they can be easily reasoned away with and from.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There i was, surounded by sheer darkness.
A stairway in front of me, and to where it led, light came down.
Although noone was seen, i knew and felt the presence of someone at the other end of the stairs.
Without speaking we communicated, if i choose to go, there would be no way back.
It meant to leave everything behind, with an absolute yes i went up the stairs.

But then i awoke, confused that i was stil in this same world that i chose to leave behind.

This was at the age of 11

There she stood, in a landscape, like it was from a painting.
Long dark hear, a purple dress, she stood in silence and watched as i walked down the path.
As if i had known here all my life, i watched at her as i walked and again no words were spoken, but the energy felt familiar, it was ok, i am where i need to be.

Here i am, standing in a place, and she is there too, i felt her energy.
Behind me is the stairs, that i went up many years ago, suddenly it becomes clear.
For a moment i looked at the stairs, remembering how it felt when i took the first steps, her presence tells me look to the other side and there is a tree, it stands in the middle of this place which is small and quadrilateral.
It seems very old, strong and hard but i did not see the branches, then i feel she wants me to look beyond the tree, which i did.
What i saw was heaven, so beautifull, no matter where i looked, stars thousends of them, above, beneath, in every direction.
So colorful and peacefull, tranquility, they seemed far away but i was able to reach for them and grab one, which i did, but as soon as i had one and wanted to bring it towards me to have a closer look, everything seemed to deform.
So i did let go of it, and just stood there to watch this sheer beauty.

They were like spheres, bright and colorfull, although i felt her presence, she was there in spirit, not physically.

One journey was a travel through space, along the most beautifull galaxies, the destination was a beach with an ocean of bright bleu water and the brightest sun i have ever seen.
There were two words coming up in my mind, malkuth and keter, from which i later found out that there were from Kabbalah the tree of life.

Because this thread is about shamanism i wanted to share some om my journeys

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

cool story, man,,
jeepers, creepers, where`d ya get them peepers,
jeepers, creepers, where`d ya get those eyes.....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Im not sure,this what i have as part of my natural sight,if it can be considered "shamanic" i certainly don't have access to the..lets just call it "traditional help" shamans used for trips into the spirit world.What i see,and always have-and its hard to describe,i think folks are'nt always being vague on purpose when trying to explain-are grids across the sky,horizon to horizon,for instance.Very clearly.Patterns in the sky too,and just normally,flows of energy like rivers,something that could be a constellation,millions of frenetic "atoms" for want of a better word,flashing lights in the sky,many types of that(and i am indeed aware that these are NOT ufo's,i have seen of those,Entirely a different kettle of fish.)Silver flashes,even inside the house,full on view.Stuff like that.When ive felt extremely close to nature at times,when i spent time meditating in communion with nature,plants have responded to me.I have a thread on here about animal encounters,the dungbeetle's behaviour is an example of what i regard as part of a shamanic relationship with nature.(Let me stress,this is not a case of i see All these things Every minute of Every day,all at the same time- Blimey,id need a seeing-eye service dog if that was the case!) I think a lot of people feel afraid others may write em off as loonies,so they choose to be vague? And besides,it Is maybe impossible to describe accurately.The hubby's theory is that some folks sees in "another spectrum" and that accounts for the added elements in one's view? Either way,its a great pity so many people try to make one feel like a frootloop for talking about it.Praise God+pass the psychotropic drugs,you know.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Beautiful,made me think of a pastlife vision i had as a child,a little.Thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

yes i understand, this may sound loony, but my best friend was a big and strong bull mastiff, he sometimes visits in my dreams, and we play and run in the forest, getting teared up even writing this....
and also, i can hear/feel the roots of trees under my feat when i am wondering around,,
i have always felt a close connection to flora and fauna.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join