It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60s Baby Boom... really a Baby BOMB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Back in the days, the baby boom turned out to be a real treat for the working men and women of the 80s, maybe even more so for those hitting retirement throughout the 80s and into the 90s.

But the idea of selling the idea of making more babies, peddled to the general population of the western world back might have been an egotistical ideology that now serves to prove that what you win on one area you'll have to repay later on.

The 60s has ever since been THE largest generation amongst most nations and it has been slowing down ever since. We hit an all time new low amongst newborns in 2012 and this will come at a tremendous cost later on.

The Baby Boomer generation will hit retirement in about 10-15 years and in 20-25 years, when our kids of the 2010s have grown up, left school, maybe gotten a degree and now about to become the next working force, the majority of western populations will consist of MOSTLY people who are NOT contributing to sustaining wellfare and paying taxes.

I present to your two graphs. These are borrowed from Danish Statistics and while this only measures the evolution amongst Danes, I suspect it to be more or less the same across the board in western countries.

You don't have to be a scholar to interpret these. It's clear as day...

Our kids of today will experience hell in tomorrows world (read: in 20-25 years). They will struggle to keep the population of yesterday nursed and fed. They will have to pay significant taxes and come to terms with the word "wellfare", at least as we know it in Denmark, is a word of the past and we probably wont see it again for a long time.

So what to do?
Well that is the question, and we have to answer it.
As I see it there are several solutions, but only one solution, and that one will be hard as well.

We CANNOT allow other baby boom to happen... we cannot allow the greedy people who wants to push the problem ahead of them dictate how to handle this. Having more kids is NOT the answer.
If we went ahead with another boom, the boom actually needed to remedy the dwindling working force would be so large that it would present an even bigger problem once the boom is over and then our grand kids' grand kids would be stuck with an even larger problem than we face now.

The ONLY answer I can see now, is to endure these hard times as tough as they might turn out to be. We have to buckle in, be creative in the way we live and see family life.
We have to wave goodbye to the egotistical way of life where we separate ourselves from our family and rely on outside help. We might even have to resort to living with our kids and our grandkids in order to maintain a reasonable way of life.

I for my part am not frightened by having to live that way, but I am frightened that people will not realize this danger and the necessity of these changes before it's too late.

For the future, I might even be so bold as to imply a big no-no word........ Population Control. Both for the sake of future generations, a more steady economy but also for the sake of a well functioning planet.
edit on 6/2/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/2/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm actually convinced a baby boom is happening right now.

All young girls leaving school and having children in order to get a free flat and free benefits. (UK)

Not to mention the births caused through immigration. Literally, allow one immigrant in and exspect 7 children with them, and exspect at least 4 more to born! lool

The UK government has some serious issues to address, however they are well aware of what IS happening.

It's predicted white people will be a minority in Britain by 2066.

I'm not a Zenophobe, I am however, just stating scary FACTS!

ETA: Maybe they are planning to create other ethnicities in the Western World, as due to WW3, the middle East and 3rd worlds will most likely be destroyed... call it harvesting! aha.
edit on 6-2-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
The ONLY answer I can see now, is to endure these hard times as tough as they might turn out to be. We have to buckle in, be creative in the way we live and see family life.

We have to wave goodbye to the egotistical way of life where we separate ourselves from our family and rely on outside help. We might even have to resort to living with our kids and our grandkids in order to maintain a reasonable way of life.

Well, my generation here in America (I am 27) is already changing the way we live life drastically. An extremely low percentage of people I know have been able to get married and afford a home. Most of us are living with our parents or grandparents, or in groups of friends.

I think that it;s okay to rely on outside help, though - everyone should help each other out as much as possible, although I'm thinking of friends and family mostly.

Hopefully people learn fairly quickly that they need to work together, because if we are stuck in a depression while everyone is simultaneously deciding to be egotistical, there will be a HUGE problem.
edit on 6-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

join